What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
pit dogs make great catch dogs on wild hogs…. unless you been one on one with a pissed off wild
IMG_8116.jpeg
hog you be damn glad that dog caught it before you could arm yourself…cause you may end up being hog feed…..and some of the most docile dogs I’ve owned…. until a hog squeals….

Mac1 sativa pheno…..

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
The ILA contract that expired on Monday shows that the starting pay for dockworkers was $20 per hour. Pay rises to $24.75 after two years, $31.90 after three and tops out at $39 for workers with at least six years on the job.

Meanwhile, the ILA is demanding a 77% increase over the duration of the contract, with a $5 increase each year of the contract. Workers would make $44 the first year, $49 the second and up to $69 in the final year.
$39 an hour for 2000 hours is $78,000 a year…approximately

the average cost of living in Commiefornia is close to $60,000 a year…..

the Union negotiations seem pretty reasonable considering the high inflation we are experiencing

oldfogey8

I have read that a low fat diet can cause the gallbladder to go bad. If that’s the case I should be ok. I have a decent amount of fat in my diet. Animal fat FTW🤘. You want some good fried okra, pan fry those golden morsels of southern fried vegetable in lard.
I don’t do low fat per se. I just don’t eat a lot of processed foods. I buy ‘organic’(for whatever that means with the current state of the FDA) and cook mostly from scratch. I am using beef tallow, buttah and olive oil as my fats of choice. I just don’t eat much. Used to be able to polish off a large pizza by myself. Now I am stuffed after a couple pieces. Pretty much one meal a day and a munchie based snack at night. I needed to lose some weight any way…😁

oldfogey8

If I owned said ports my mission would be full automation as fast as possible.
The world has changed and unions are a part of the old world now........watch and see.
That is what the union should have been negotiating on but I’m betting they didn’t. Unions take a percentage of wages so the union negotiated themselves a 62% raise over 5 years. My guess is there will be a greater than 62% trimming of workers over that same period of time. Corporate actuaries don’t part with money without seeing an upside.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
That is what the union should have been negotiating on but I’m betting they didn’t. Unions take a percentage of wages so the union negotiated themselves a 62% raise over 5 years. My guess is there will be a greater than 62% trimming of workers over that same period of time. Corporate actuaries don’t part with money without seeing an upside.
That's my guess as well a very short sighted gain for who exactly......... I would be worried if I was a younger member.

Old Uncle Ben

I thought maybe a light mist of alcohol while it’s drying…but I dont know…

Sorry, haven't followed your dilemna but I assume you got mold/botryis working? Jorge recommends bathing your buds in H2O2. Any one do this?

Washing branches of harvested flower buds in a mild solution of H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) is becoming popular. We wash vegetables before consuming them, and cannabis is no different. A gentle bath of H2O2 removes surface bacteria, mold, dirt, dead pests and their feces, and other bad stuff. Such a bath also creates free radicles*.

*An H2O2 free radicle drench changes anything composed of carbon, just like using ozone in a garden room or curing room. Washing treated buds with plenty of fresh water is essential. No studies have been done to determine potential for damage to carbon chains of cannabis after an H2O2 bath."

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Sorry, haven't followed your dilemna but I assume you got mold/botryis working? Jorge recommends bathing your buds in H2O2. Any one do this?

Washing branches of harvested flower buds in a mild solution of H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) is becoming popular. We wash vegetables before consuming them, and cannabis is no different. A gentle bath of H2O2 removes surface bacteria, mold, dirt, dead pests and their feces, and other bad stuff. Such a bath also creates free radicles*.

*An H2O2 free radicle drench changes anything composed of carbon, just like using ozone in a garden room or curing room. Washing treated buds with plenty of fresh water is essential. No studies have been done to determine potential for damage to carbon chains of cannabis after an H2O2 bath."

Had to throw some out a bit over tw oz. I managed to save the rest but the H2O2 is a good idea. It’s what I spray my outdoor grow with after rain. It has saved my outdoor doing this I think
thanks for your post. I would try this next time. Hopefully there won’t be one soon…

Old Uncle Ben

finally got 4 seeds to pop and into dirt. trying a new container - 7.5"x7.5"x12" = about 2.5 gal. gives me about 6" more headroom in the 48" cabs. 2x blue dream and 2x bruce banner. this is a pretty expensive hobby when seeds don't pop or die soon after at $20 per seed.
Who you paying $20 per seed to? What varieties?

I've been getting back to The Basics lately as opposed to stuff that has been worked to death, crap like Gorilla Glue Sticks To Mah Shoe varieties.

Sorry about your luck. I lost 4 $14/each Ace seeds to pythium. 2 of Panama X Malawi and 2 of Golden Tiger X Panama. Tried again with the GT, have one left. Whiteflies got the other GTXPan. My luck sucks lately. Doesn't really matter. Got way too much of cured bud in one of the fridges!

Old Uncle Ben

Had to throw some out a bit over tw oz. I managed to save the rest but the H2O2 is a good idea. It’s what I spray my outdoor grow with after rain. It has saved my outdoor doing this I think
thanks for your post. I would try this next time. Hopefully there won’t be one soon…

As you may or may not know, I know chemicals and use them judiciously. Tips - for the prevention/cure of pythium, bacterial rots....you name it, I use copper sulfate pentahydrate. It's a systemic chemistry. Products I have are Magnabon CS2005 and Phyton 35. Foliar spray or soil drench.

I ran out of Forbid 4F which is THE control for whiteflies and ALL development phases and families of mites. I got 4 oz. of the same chemistry recently for current whitefly control. And yes, they do like cannabis. This is not a poison. Research the mode of action......

Be sure to add a small amount of a NIS surfactant to your spray especially if growing outdoors.

Ben

oldfogey8

See, I would drive you crazy on purpose for giving a rats ass about it. Just leave enough up on the sides to get you going. Mr sub is OCD about how the trash and recycle are put in the bins. It only bothers me when he checks behind me in the morning to see if I’m following the rules then makes one more fold in the dogfood box that I carefully broke down and perfectly put it in the recycle bin.
Mr Sub must be my long lost brother 😂

oldfogey8

Maybe, but the union leaders job is to look out for his membership.
I am not sure of the veracity of an article I read but it looks like the union president has a huge mansion with a pool and a Bentley. That, if true, is not a good look. Unions once upon a time were about looking out for the membership. My wife lost her union job due to rejecting the mRNA gene therapy. The union did less than nothing for her. They actually misinformed the membership and convinced many to resign. Those that resigned did not get rehired. My wife did. The union actually asked her to resume paying dues! Our state doesn’t require members to pay union dues so she gave them the finger(and is somehow still a member😂)…

Latest posts

Latest posts