What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

BrassNwood

Veteran
That is a damn shame. Parents have a responsibility to raise their children. What the fk has happened….
I was a slow learning and kept sassing mom so dad would take me out back and we'd do the leather belt dance. Can't do that nowadays unless you take them offshore past the USA limits and into international waters.
Shit

Back in 1968 my sister while living in a basement apartment in Fairbanks Ak. came home to a strange rumbling and sound and opened the door just in time to see the fountain of sewage geyser from the shitter. Her husband put on his fishing waders and rescued the critical papers and cold weather clothes before it got to deep even for the waders.

River flooded the treatment plant and backed back much of the town.
As a Plumbers son I cant wrap my brain around that.
As an electrician to me it's a pumping station nightmare.
Sounds like too much can go wrong
I had worked in sewerage treatment plants earlier in my career and always knew when corn was on sale.

Murphy's law for sure.

cola

Good Morning All (OF's):

Wishing each and every one of you, a pleasant morning, wonderful day, and outstanding evening.
I am currently pretty tied up with projects and work, so wanted to start with a daily check in hello.
Today is Saturday and we're upon the weekend & Sunday. Am glad for the two day break. TGFW!

See you all tomorrow (again)! (y):)

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Clear morning with clouds in the afternoon, starting at 51F and predicted to reach 72F.

I got the five furnaces serviced yesterday without incident or repairs. I replaced all five just before retiring and all are now twenty years old and we will ostensibly have to replace them all again soon.

One of our renters handed me the rent check in an envelope, which I stuck in my jacket pocket and subsequently lost...................

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Following Old Fogey's good advice, I had the Jeep CEL code scanned at the local parts store and it turned out to be a warning that my battery's voltage had been low at one point, which I knew because I had to charge it.

It is a new battery, so will be looking for a parasitic draw while it sits around. We seldom drive it, so maybe it just sits too long for the ongoing battery drain to keep the small battery under the front passenger seat charged.

I hate that about newer cars. In the older ones when you turned the key off, there was no longer any drain besides the clock which seldom worked anyway.

I also hate that they stuffed so much shit under the hood that there is no longer room for a battery or to actually work on the engine.

Last edited:

oldfogey8

Following Old Fogey's good advice, I had the Jeep CEL code scanned at the local parts store and it turned out to be a warning that my battery's voltage had been low at one point, which I knew because I had to charge it. It is a new battery, so will be looking for a parasitic draw while it sits around. We seldom drive it, so maybe it just sits too long for the ongoing battery drain to keep the small battery under the front passenger seat charged.

I hate that about newer cars. In the older ones when you turned the key off, there was no longer any drain besides the clock which seldom worked anyway.

I also hate that they stuffed so much shit under the hood that there is no longer room for a battery or to actually work on the engine.
My neighbor bought a new Jeep last year. She constantly has a notification about ‘battery charge insufficient’ or some nonsense. The stealership tells her it is nothing to worry about instead of fixing it. She isn’t as dogged as I am about stuff like that. If a vehicle that is in warranty has nuisance notifications, I would demand it be fixed! Glad you got your CEL issue figured out though.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My neighbor bought a new Jeep last year. She constantly has a notification about ‘battery charge insufficient’ or some nonsense. The stealership tells her it is nothing to worry about instead of fixing it. She isn’t as dogged as I am about stuff like that. If a vehicle that is in warranty has nuisance notifications, I would demand it be fixed! Glad you got your CEL issue figured out though.
I haven't bought a new car since 1974 or a used one that I didn't just pay cash for since about 1980.

This is a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. that I bought used from a dealer recently, who installed a new battery as part of our deal. The first time the battery went flat, I checked my charging system, and it is working fine, leading me to surmise that I have battery drain, or battery infant mortality.

Today I'll pull the battery and have it load checked. Not easy access as I have to run the passenger seat all the way forward and then remove a floor panel to access the battery.

I'll also check to see if I can measure battery draw with everything optional turned off, though it may be to low for my amp meter to measure.

We put less than 1000 miles a year on it, as we use the EV for around town and we haven't done much heavier hauling or longer distance travel of late. It mostly gets used when we both need transportation at the same time.

Last edited:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Good morning Old , young , and in between
what does it matter
what does it matter?

looks like Swede may be coming back home next week

that will give me plenty of time to clean up all the mess from all the big parties that I have been having

so last Tuesday night I ate some of my dick in the dirt brownies and over did it , I forgot how strong they were

got up around midnight to take a leak and passed out in the bathroom

luckily I felt it coming on and was able to get gently down on the floor before blacking out

when I gathered myself together , I eased my way back into the bedroom but didn’t quite make it and passed out again , only this time I thought I could make a dive into the bed as I was going down

but I came up short and crashed into the side of the padded bedrails

been dealing with whiplash symptoms since Wednesday , hot water bottle , some neck stretching , and lots of ibuprofen to tolerate it all

a couple more weeks and I will be good as new

coffee time

IMG_6128.jpeg

oldfogey8

I haven't bought a new car since 1974 or a used one that I didn't just pay cash for since about 1980.

This is a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. that I bought used from a dealer recently, who installed a new battery as part of our deal. The first time the battery went flat, I checked my charging system, and it is working fine, leading me to surmise that I have battery drain, or battery infant mortality.

Today I'll pull the battery and have it load checked. Not easy access as I have to run the passenger seat all the way forward and then remove a floor panel to access the battery.

I'll also check to see if I can measure battery draw with everything optional turned off, though it may be to low for my meter to measure.

We put less than 1000 miles a year on it, as we use the EV for around town and we haven't done much heavier hauling or longer distance travel of late. It mostly gets used when we both need transportation at the same time.
I watched a YouTube video about checking parasitic draw. The author soldered a resistor (I think it was 10 ohms but I am not certain of that) onto a lead to hook up to the batter in series with his DVM. He was able to see the parasitic draw and by pulling fuses, determine the culprit circuit. I will see if I can find the video.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what does it matter
what does it matter?

that will give me plenty of time to clean up all the mess from all the big parties that I have been having

so last Tuesday night I ate some of my dick in the dirt brownies and over did it , I forgot how strong they were

luckily I felt it coming on and was able to get gently down on the floor before blacking out

when I gathered myself together , I eased my way back into the bedroom but didn’t quite make it and passed out again , only this time I thought I could make a dive into the bed as I was going down

been dealing with whiplash symptoms since Wednesday , hot water bottle , some neck stretching , and lots of ibuprofen to tolerate it all

coffee time

View attachment 19074532
Congratulations on Swede's imminent arrival brother! Aside from the hanky-panky potential, a keeper might be a good thing while you titrate your dosage.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I watched a YouTube video about checking parasitic draw. The author soldered a resistor (I think it was 10 ohms but I am not certain of that) onto a lead to hook up to the batter in series with his DVM. He was able to see the parasitic draw and by pulling fuses, determine the culprit circuit. I will see if I can find the video.
Thanks, I'll check too!

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
what does it matter
what does it matter?

coffee time

View attachment 19074532
Sorry didn’t mean to laugh but couldn’t help it