What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Subbie Dear -- Whut I gots is a continual, "bump, bump., biddity biddity, bump, bump, biddity, bump".

The "biddity biddity" part is a permanent thing from now on. Sorta happens all the time.

The meds I take are to keep it from going, "bump...biddybiddybiddybiddybiddy..." So I am sorta on an edge that I am not supposed to go over.

On the plus side, it don't hurt.

I have adjusted to it. Ain't nowhere as bad as being shot. That sucked. Or run over. THAT really sucked. Or having to listen to Lawrence Welk saying, "Pa-lay that funky music, black boy!"
Don’t get use to it. It needs to be fixed when it goes bumpitybump. Even if it doesn’t hurt. They can fix it real quick pretty simple too

Unca Walt

420club
I’m having spring rolls and Egg Drop soup for dinner….gotta keep my boyish figure….
A piece of my weird background happenings just popped into my pointy head:

As part of my edu-macation not to be a typical "foreign devil" Big Nose, I was given an opportunity to try 100-year old soup. This is soup that has been continually added to so that the container never got emptied for 100 or more years.

Tragically (yes, it was seen as a national historic tragedy) almost all 100+year old soups were lost in WWII due to the Japanese invasion. Very few are left.

Unca Walt

420club
Don’t get use to it. It needs to be fixed when it goes bumpitybump. Even if it doesn’t hurt. They can fix it real quick pretty simple too
Gawd luv yer bones, Subbie Dear... but it most ricky-tick ain't "fixable". You can picture it as a wire with worn insulation and loss of springiness making shaky contact:

It is supposed to pass a small electrical charge through to the heart to make it go BUMP. It does this at about 60 times a minute. So starting in 1940, this little wire has hit the BUMP light 2,649,024,000 times. <-- That is 60 times a minute for every hour for every 24-hour day since 1940.

That is over 2 1/2 billion times. The "little wire" carrying the "zap" is getting shaky, and there is no replacement wire to be found at Lowe's Hardware or any horsepistol. <-- That part is still in the Creator's bailiwick.

I do take meds that (coupled with me using common sense -- which sometimes I do not) keeps the ratta-tat-tat at a level my heart can handle to clean out all the blood so a clot doesn't form.

Fyodor Dostoevsky once said, "Man is a creature that can get used to anything." I am used to it. I do not fear death in the slightest, I have discovered. I have more of a curiosity about it than anything. (*snork*) The Grim Reaper got his ass shined coming after me on four occasions where it was a genuine coin flip. Shot, poisoned, blown up, run over. Sumbitch missed me every time.

I came up heads four times in a row. I am immortal.

So far...

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Gawd luv yer bones, Subbie Dear... but it most ricky-tick ain't "fixable". You can picture it as a wire with worn insulation and loss of springiness making shaky contact:

It is supposed to pass a small electrical charge through to the heart to make it go BUMP. It does this at about 60 times a minute. So starting in 1940, this little wire has hit the BUMP light 2,649,024,000 times. <-- That is 60 times a minute for every hour for every 24-hour day since 1940.

That is over 2 1/2 billion times. The "little wire" carrying the "zap" is getting shaky, and there is no replacement wire to be found at Lowe's Hardware or any horsepistol. <-- That part is still in the Creator's bailiwick.

I do take meds that (coupled with me using common sense -- which sometimes I do not) keeps the ratta-tat-tat at a level my heart can handle to clean out all the blood so a clot doesn't form.

Fyodor Dostoevsky once said, "Man is a creature that can get used to anything." I am used to it. I do not fear death in the slightest, I have discovered. I have more of a curiosity about it than anything. (*snork*) The Grim Reaper got his ass shined coming after me on four occasions where it was a genuine coin flip. Shot, poisoned, blown up, run over. Sumbitch missed me every time.

I came up heads four times in a row. I am immortal.

So far...
I’m just saying that they can take the bad wire out like a light and posibly fix your problem. They fixed Mr subs same problem. He has no more bumpitybump in his life with only an out patient Visit. Have you been told by a doc that this is unfixable? Did you tell yoursonthedoc that you are still doing the bumpitybump all day?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you ever see a place selling General Tso's Chicken**... or Chop Suey... you are being pranked by the Chinese.

**As in:
Learn this phrase in Mandarin: "Tso ni!" <-- Literally: "Fuck you!" So "General Tso" is "General Fuck".

And Chop Suey is literally "kitchen garbage".

TINS, Pilgrims. From your Mandarin-slingin' Unca Walt

And for those who would call Chinese by some slur, they ALL have one for us: "Da-bz". <-- BIG NOSE!

Ain't language fun. <-- A Temple Street (Yale) cachet: "fun" in Mandarin translates to "shit". <-- TINS
You wouldn't shuck us nary a none for fun would you brother Walt?

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Good morning folks. Raining again today. We did get a short break from it yesterday afternoon so I could shake the excess water off the plants and they dried out a bit but have had drizzle rain with no wind all night and this morning. The sky looks like we will get another break hopefully today so they can dry out again…

Hope everyone has a swell day 🙂

jokerman

Premium user
Good morning folks. Raining again today. We did get a short break from it yesterday afternoon so I could shake the excess water off the plants and they dried out a bit but have had drizzle rain with no wind all night and this morning. The sky looks like we will get another break hopefully today so they can dry out again…

Hope everyone has a swell day 🙂
blow dry them Subie Lou

OleReynard

We got lots of rain coming this way, high winds, ping pong size hail and the works.
Then the temps are gonna drop.

Took the hermie outside and it's flourishing.
Took a BB plant also that was having a hard time getting it's footing, it seemed to have turned around over night.
But it won't be going back in, ain't taking no risk of bugs or pm.

jokerman

Premium user
Morning OFC. DAMN…….42f out side as the sun makes an appearance. Gonna have to throw an extra blanket on the bed.

Sorry about all the rain Subby… outdoor growers here are gonna start worrying about frost.

Downstairs to check on things.
Times like this where my blood pressure would go up
98% of my experience is in door
Tore me heart when I saw bud rot and I made sure I had good air flow on my outdoor run.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
These pumpkins were left on my porch last year by my cousins. I have to admit, I was overwhelmed with pumpkin love that moment.
1726664739725.jpeg