What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

Well if I’m gonna end up getting a new one, getting one that can be cleaned or just replacing the carbon or whatever they put in there would be nice. I do wash the cover usually every couple of grows with hot water and dish soap which seems to work good. Which ones can be refilled and do any of y’all use one like that? Seems they all should have refill capabilities but this is a throw away world now…
I have 2 old ones and they are both made from metal. The one I started last fall/winter is made from plastic. It needed a different adaptor than the metal ones, for hooking up to the in-line fan.

I asked on here if anybody had a use for them, the only suggestion I got was, if I was in a pinch and needed to filter water, the carbon filter might be good for that.

More garbage for the landfill.

oldmaninbc

Just got to here... jeez. Cannot take a nap and keep up. Anyway:

You cannot stop it. It is a natural loss of electrical connectivity.

BUT. You can slow it down. From MySonTheDoctor <-- Gonna change that to "MySonTheSuperDoctor" warned me years ago about the inevitable memory glitches coming and told me blueberries as a steady diet will slow down the onset.

For years, I've had blueberries in cereal with buttermilk for breakfast. But I don't remember where I put my car...
I eat blueberries and like them a lot. I had wild blueberries growing where I use to live.
There is a blueberry farm here but they charge too much.

Hope your getting all of your computer problems sorted out, I dislike when I have to go through a period of change concerning the computer or apps. Drives me up a wall. I get it done but not without time and frustration getting the better of me.

take care Unca Walt

oldmaninbc

When I went to work at one of the local industries where I lived at the time. I was told what I would need to show up for work. One of the items was a paddle lock. Upon showing up for work, every one has a paddle lock attached to their pants belt loop. In a previous time one of the plant electricians was electrocuted to death on the job. I was told his zipper was melted to his penis. So all employees had to have a paddle lock and lock out any machinery that was getting maintenance.

Goldhedge

Wife had her retina detach this morning.....surprise!
200 miles from home and getting laser reattached.
That's a good thing to get repaired IMMEDIATELY!

My BIL is a retired ophthalmologist. He told me that folks with astigmatism have a higher chance of getting a detached retina because of the football shape of the eye.

He said if you ever have the sensation of a screen, or a blind coming down over your eye... Do not pass go...! Go immediately to an ophthalmologist for laser surgery!

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I spent today and part of the yesterday mowing the yard. This rain has done wonders for my plants… this is a good part of the front yard
IMG_2933.jpeg
IMG_2932.jpeg

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
The little red plant in the bucket is some sort of ground cover that somebody brought over for me. It grows well wherever you put it. The plant behind it is some sort of cactus, but I don’t know what kind it is. A friend gave it to me about 15 years ago and it’s still sitting where I planted it. It’s a very slow growing plant.

oldmaninbc

The little red plant in the bucket is some sort of ground cover that somebody brought over for me. It grows well wherever you put it. The plant behind it is some sort of cactus, but I don’t know what kind it is. A friend gave it to me about 15 years ago and it’s still sitting where I planted it. It’s a very slow growing plant.
Thank you Boo, I am a fan of cacti, it caught my eye.

oldfogey8

A 375lb Barnett Commando here, that folds in the middle to cock.
I was going on the cheap when I bought this. I thought it was a quiet option to kill the rats that I started to see in my back yard. No way I was hitting a rat with a crossbow and my youngest told me he had a high powered pellet gun(1200 fps I think) in his old closet. I got lucky and hit one rat in his dome then my boy Zig got another a few weeks later. The rats moved on and I got a crossbow out of the deal.😁 Still need to get a crossbow rated target. The YouTube videos showing how to make one are bullschlip…

Dime

I was going on the cheap when I bought this. I thought it was a quiet option to kill the rats that I started to see in my back yard. No way I was hitting a rat with a crossbow and my youngest told me he had a high powered pellet gun(1200 fps I think) in his old closet. I got lucky and hit one rat in his dome then my boy Zig got another a few weeks later. The rats moved on and I got a crossbow out of the deal.😁 Still need to get a crossbow rated target. The YouTube videos showing how to make one are bullschlip…
You could get one these bad boys and never see another rat

Latest posts

Latest posts