What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

I spoke to the cops earlier this afternoon about the shooting that went down on my property. The female detective said that she is afraid to walk out on that property by her own self because there’s seven people that are very sketchy that live over there, multiple warrants are out for them, Documented illegal aliens, and one wife beater… if I read between the lines, I’m being told that they’re not going to do a damn thing. Now it’s up to me to determine the best avenue of approach to deal with this situation.
Sorry to hear that Boo and not just for you. WTF has happened to our country when the police are afraid to arrest criminals? In better days, the police would have surrounded the area and if the criminals shot first, the coroner would be called to clean up the bullet ridden bodies of the criminals. The kicker is that you will go to jail if you do what should be done by the law. Again, sorry to hear about that. It must be very stressful. FJB.

OleReynard

I spoke to the cops earlier this afternoon about the shooting that went down on my property. The female detective said that she is afraid to walk out on that property by her own self because there’s seven people that are very sketchy that live over there, multiple warrants are out for them, Documented illegal aliens, and one wife beater… if I read between the lines, I’m being told that they’re not going to do a damn thing. Now it’s up to me to determine the best avenue of approach to deal with this situation.
SWAT em boo

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I just checked, an incident stressor thing was due Sep 6. They'll probably deny me now. Any ideas?
You're only a week late so I would say your best bet is to get that stressor thing into them ASAP with maybe an explanation that you lost track of when it had to be in. I would think it a bit surprising that they would expect an individual with PTSD so bad that it's disabling, to be able to stay on top of dates when things need to be in by. That being said, from what I've heard about all the types of disability claims one can file, the ones who get them the easist (not to be confused with it actually being easy) are the ones that get all the proper documentation into them promptly and efficiently. So if you still have a shot at your claim you need to take the responsibility to get them everything they ask for in on time with when they ask for it.

If they do deny you then you can always try SSI and SSDI but they are also hard to get and they typically don't pay as well as VA disibility. Then of course there is always the option to try to find an actual job that you can manage to do well and keep. Also be aware that they are cracking down on disability claims and they do have people that go around and check up on people to see if they are truely disabled. They tend to do stake outs and follow people looking for proof of them behaving in ways their disability should prevent and take pictures for evidence when they see people doing things they're not supposed to be able to do. I'm not certain if they do that with VA claims but I have heard about that with SSI and SSDI claims. Also if they do find out you're not really disabled they don't just cut you off, they also expect you to pay back what you got from them up to the point they cut you off.

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Yoour only a week late so I would say your best bet is to get that stressor thing into them ASAP with maybe an xplanation you lost track of when it had to be in. would think it a bit surprising that they would expect an individual with PTSD so bad that it's disabling, to be able to stay on top of dates when things need to be in by. That being said, from what I've heard about all the types of disability claims one can fil, the ones who get them the easist (not to be confused with it actually being easy) are the ones that get all the proper documentation into them promptly and efficiently. So if you still have a shot at your claim you need to take the responsibility to get them everything they ask for in on time with when they ask for it.

If they do deny you then you can always try SSI and SSDI but they are also hard to get and they typically don't pay as well as VA disibility. Then of course there is always the option to try to find an actual job that you can manage to do well and keep. Also be aware that they are cracking down on disability claims and they do have people that go around an check up n people to see if they are truely disabled. They tend to do stake outs and gollow people looking for proof of them behaving in ways their disability should prevent and take pictures for evidence when they see people doing things they're not able to do. I'm not certain if they do that with VA claims but I have heard about that with SSI and SSDI claims. Also if they do find out you're not really disabled they don't just cut you off, the also expect you to pay back what you got from them up to the point they cut you off.
I got it in a few hours ago 👍 SSDI is like $1500. VA disability is like $4000. You can get both.

HempKat

Veteran
Howdy friends, need some of ur infinite wisdom. Going thru old seeds from a guy that gifted seeds and is now incognito or I'd be nagging him. . One of the seed containers has SSH X SM. I think SSH is Super Silver Haze but ya'll have any clue what the SM might be?

He also gave me 12 Stella Blue Dream X Thunder Express. Read that Blue Dream was a Humboldt creation with a Blueberry crossed to an unknown sativa. No clue on what Thunder Express is.

Stay cool.......
I don't know anything about it but I have heard of a strain called Santa Maria before..

jokerman

Premium user
1726269477322.jpeg

HempKat

Veteran
I got it in a few hours ago 👍 SSDI is like $1500. VA disability is like $4000. You can get both.
Yeah I know, that's how I knew anything about VA claims, I once knew a homeless guy who got both VA and SSDI. That crazy dude would blow all his money from both checks in like a week on liquor which is why he was homeless.

I'm hoping that they aren't total hard asses about it being on time. Seems like they make people trying to get it wait long enough that they should also be patient on waiting for the stuff they ask for.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Say that 3 times fast…
Easy if you are a silver-tongued cunning linguist.
cant be that bad ,he is considered handsome by some of our visually impaired folks in our group.
Have you seen any recent close-up head shots lately, aside from the rear shot showing where they sewed his head back on and before they removed the bolts?

HempKat

Veteran
Not trying to put ideas into your head but it also sounds like they might be inclined to look the other way if an accident should suddenly befall anyone in that group?

HempKat

Veteran
I just got offa the phone with Brother Boo.

IT's ALIIIVE!

Yes! STRUTH!! You are blessed/cursed/bored/sexually excited/amazed (pick any three) with the incredible event that yer Aged One has returned.

Long was my dark journey. And expensive. And it ain't over by a mile.

It all began a (seemingly) thousand years ago -- but actually about 1000 fargin posts ago on this site. A really pissed-off Zeus sent five fargin bolts of lightning into the South Floriduh telephone poles. All within ten minutes.

So my poor 25-year old 'puter kept trying to restart, getting zapped halfway through. On the 5th power blip, the hardfile ("hard disk" for youngsters) of my puter lost the plot. Would not start up.

Geek Squad guy came to my place twice (at multiple hundreds $$ each time), finally handing me the hardfile and saying: "It'll cost you $850 to get them to just receive it. **IF** they are successful in resurrecting it, and they probably won't be, it'll cost you several thousand dollars for them to try."

So I bought a new computer. The new computer required a different kind of monitor (USB port type, not cable). So I bought a new monitor. 'Nother coupla K-bucks between 'em.

That is when I discovered that my email addy was no longer mine to use. Cancelled because I could not remember the fukkin' password for email I used ONCE in 1992 or so.

So I was assigned another password for a different email addy by the Computer Geek guy. When I went to sign in to Old Farts, I had to use the new password. Of course, it was not recognized by the software and kicked me out.

So I signed in with my OLD, original password. No joy here.

And the Amazon Prime software took me on the same route <-- The old password is gone, kaput, no longer there in the cyber world. Did not have the sekrit password for my paid-for Amazon Prime either. So how could I get the new, sekrit sign-on?

Fact is, I couldn't. And Amazon Prime one-upped the ante: In order to get out of the same circular toilet-flush of furgled passwords, they sent me a notice saying I had to take a photo of my drivers license and bring it to my fukkin' bank for clearance before I could buy anything from them because it was "suspicious activity".

There is no human contact possible on any route with Amazon Prime software to clear it up like there is here.

So I am in the mood to help Boo out by going up to his place and using my bringumhome SKS to wipe out his entire neighborhood** for him.

**Just kidding -- I'd only wipe out his next door neighbors. And I would still have Amazon Prime to deal with. (*sigh*)

I found an old memory plug-in that had stuff (newest about two years ago), so I haven't lost everything***

***Three of my novels, and my genealogy files were recovered. Thousands of picture files gone.
Well the important thing is you are back, there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth in your absence and many OF's lost copious amounts of sleep trying to solve the mystery of your disappearence.

For future reference, since the newer stuff isn't built as good as the older stuff get in the habit of keeping your passwords and other important files stored on one or even multiple USB thumb drives as they are the best at not losing data just from sitting too long (unlike optical disks like CDs and DVDs that can start going bad in as little as 5 years.)

I would also suggest you hold on to that dead drive and shop around for data recovery services. They're all pricey but some are more reliable and less pricey then what those Geek Squad guys told you. Of course that's only if there are must have files you don't want to lose.

Latest posts

Latest posts