What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I’m prolly better off without veterans status. Don’t want to bend the rules for it anyway. It would be like that bread machine I bought and stored for years after the newness wore off and I gained 10 lbs 😁

the main reason I stowed my cast iron Dutch oven

that sumbitch made the best artisan bread

i had to buy some fat pants

now I am down to my skinny pants again 🤡

Dime

Smoking 3 year old hash from the fridge,no loss in potency,maybe better if anything.

Attachments

• 20201205_143138.jpg
    20201205_143138.jpg
    944 KB · Views: 21

imiubu

It's been so humid lately, the gals didn't need a drink.
I did pot up one plant as it was root bound.
Should recover well.

So boring and lonely around the house these days.
Night time is the worst.

So pleased to have a buncha old farts to hang out with.
Sure helps to have some laughs to keep the blues at bay :)

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Well, that is good you had your stent procedure done and it went without a hitch. Get fixed in the hospital and get out as quick as you can, sounds about right.
The other right thing is to follow their recovery advice. Ask me, I didn't one time and physical therapy was a lot harder because I didn't do what I was told do, when I was told to do it.
It's good to be home.
Well just as in most everything else, the devil is in the details. The double by-pass surgery that got me into the "Zipper Club" Happened to me when I was 33. Ther were many rules for the recovery period but the one that seemed the craziest to me at the time was the one telling me to not lift anything over 10lbs for the first month. Well I looked at that and quickly told myself that those rules were for the typical by-pass patient who more often then not was someone in their 50's or 60's. When I came home my mother talked me into moving from the room I was renting in a house, to a nice one bedroom apartment that was within walking distance for her so she could come over and take care of me more easily if I needed her to. Well of course that meant packing up and moving everything I owned and of course there was nobody willing to help me and of course neither me or my mother could afford to hire professional movers. So it was up to me to get the job done. Now the majority of the stuff I could keep close to the 10 lb limit by just using smaller boxes with less stuff in each box. There was one item though which was very important, my queen sized bed which there was no way to break it up into smaller 10 lb or less amounts. So less then a week home from surgery was out there moving my queen sized bed from the room I was renting, out to my car where I tied the mattress to to the roof and drove it to me new apartment and then carried it from my car into the apartment. I was able to do this fairly easily though and suffered no ill effects from it. That reinforced the belief that the rules were for older patients and I could ignore those rules because of my youth and the fact that while I had suffered a heart attack andopened heart surgery I was still a very strong dude.

All that being said however, I do not suffer any delusions that the rules still don't apply to me now that I'm 31 years older. Which is to say there is no need to worry I will be following the rules much more closely and not take such outragous chances with my body as I did in my 30's. Fortunately being that a stent is far less invasive and far less debilitating then open heart surgery, the rules are not as strenuous as the ones I ignored all those years ago and the recovery time is much shorter since I don't have to worry about my sternum mending or that until it does it's only being held together by thin wires twist tied around verious points of my sternum.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Please do my kids. They need it…
Do you want snake oil and fabric protection as well? I can include that for 3 easy payments of $49.95 each. I can also get you an extended warranty if you give me your social security # a your credit card you can also earn reward points . Oh….I can get you 2 % cash back if you order now.

Last edited:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Dont be hard on yourself .
Tomorow is another day ,try ice cream sandwiches instead.
Lose the prefix ice cream and they are just sandwiches which is a whole different caloric consumption
My momma has used that one when I called once to check on her. I asked her what she had for supper, she said a sandwich then laughed and fessed up…

Latest posts

Latest posts