What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
From what I've seen in videos about what it's loke on Philippino roads and the sheer volume of people using them with a questionable grasp of defensive driver, Iwould be very scared to drive anything fast and powerful. Just an average scooter type bike for me. Maybe even hre on of those trike like things to get me around. :biggrin:
Yeah man - dodgy road surfaces - slow tricycles - busses/trucks and jeepneys - no pavements most places - so many pedestrians and cyclists everywhere - sudden tropical rain storms - even big cobras on the roads in places - they do have toll free ways - where I could really open the bike up - so had alot of fun on that Ducati - but judging from the many near misses I had - it was just a matter of time before I would inevitably prang - and suffer the consequences - or die even -

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I had a nice littlle fantasy yesterday as everyone was talkiing about their favorite strain from their vast stash of strains hidden away somewhere good enough to make a Pirate proud. :biggrin:

I though wouldn't it be cool if we could all get together somewhere on a cool but pleasent evening, sitting in a circle around a nice big firepit with a nice fire going, each of us with a nice phat joint of our favorite flavor and do the old puff, puff, pass to the left? With the goal being by the end of the sech we've all sampled at last one hit of all the strains represented in the group. It would be glorious. :kos:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Yeah man - dodgy road surfaces - slow tricycles - busses and jeepneys - no pavements most places - so many pedestrians and cyclists everywhere - sudden tropical rain storms - even big cobras on the roads in places - they do have toll free ways - where I could really open the bike up - so had alot of fun on that Ducati - but judging from the many near misses I had - it was just a matter of time before I would inevitably prang - and suffer the consequences - or die even -
That is why I don't ride snow machines or dirt bikes anymore....Just like Gypsy said.....ONLY A MATTER OF TIME.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Despite the traffic though, I would dearly love to visit the Philippeans maybe even move there, maybe get me one of those young beautiful Filippinas that don't mind hooking up with someone in their 60's and get me some of that good life Ironman and Captain America keep making a fuss about. Living like a King in a Tropical Paradise on nothing more then an average social security check each month. :biggrin:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Despite the traffic though, I would dearly love to visit the Philippeans maybe even move there, maybe get me one of those young beautiful Filippinas that don't mind hooking up with someone in their 60's and get me some of that good life Ironman and Captain America keep making a fuss about. Living like a King in a Tropical Paradise on nothing more then an average social security check each month. :biggrin:
Can be done - thousands already do it - it's finding the right gal is the problem for many - steer clear of bargals - go to the provinces - a rural area - and see what turns up for ya - many ladies there can't find a good husband - as many guys in the west can't find a good wife - most just want the security of a marriage to create a happy family - and are willing to work hard to keep it together - as is my experience -

oldmaninbc

420club
In case you don't know, those shots are typically done in sets of 3 about a month apart each and many report feeling no relief until the second or even third shot. Still many others report never feeling any relief which demonstrates that it doesn't work for everyone. Of course all that is anecdotal and as such carriers very little weight from a scientific/medical perspective.
There is also some nasty side effects associated with cortisone.

oldmaninbc

420club
That is why I don't ride snow machines or dirt bikes anymore....Just like Gypsy said.....ONLY A MATTER OF TIME.
Good day to you Pute, :)

I half fell off a snow machine in a drunken state at 3:00 in the morning, the machine did a 360 with my leg being stretched out to the point of damage. I was intoxicated and did not feel the full damage, until I got of bed in the morning and collapsed to the ground. My wife had to take me into emergency at the hospital, I eventually had surgery and it still bothers me to this day.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Good day to you Pute, :)

I half fell off a snow machine in a drunken state at 3:00 in the morning, the machine did a 360 with my leg being stretched out to the point of damage. I was intoxicated and did not feel the full damage, until I got of bed in the morning and collapsed to the ground. My wife had to take me into emergency at the hospital, I eventually had surgery and it still bothers me to this day.
Good day to you as well OldMan. I have gone head first over the handle bars on my dirt bike more times than I can count. Never hurt so bad that I couldn't walk away. But on my Artic Cat I was doing jumps over the dam of frozen pond....further and further....until all of a sudden my feet were straight up in the air....when i hit the ground my ribbs hit the handle bars. Broke two ribs. They didn't cave in....just hair line fracture. For a week I could hardly breathe don't even think about laughing, coughing or sneezing.