What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Unca Walt

420club
I remember that phone when I visited my grand parents in a Small Town in Missouri. Had to go through the operator.
Gray Wolf said:
The first phone that I remember using and one of the original meanings of crank:

View attachment 19028047

That's three here who have seen the change from the phone itself making the electricity with its internal generator to a small device in your ear that you can talk to and hear someone in another continent.

For incredible good or for incredible bad, it is my belief we are approaching Singularity.

Unca Walt

420club
there is no right answer but nevertheless , an interesting question

Guy makes $100,000/year and girl makes $50,000/year.

They move in together and a vacation is $3,000.

He expects her to pay half.

What's the fair split?
See the fuggin problems this "free love" shit engenders? "They move in together."

The perfect answer is very clear: They should be married before they move in together.

Now they'd be making $150,000/year, and their expenses will have dropped because they are not living in two different places.

And they almost certainly will get along better.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

420club
You're right that it depends on the couple. Me and Mrs. Ringo are just the opposite of you and Mr Sub.. She has not worked since we got married. Albeit, she helped me a lot when I first started my company. I always figured taking care of me was plenty of work. A full time job for any woman. LOL I pay all the bills and take care of the finances. She has no real idea of our financial situation other then an overall but she knows the bills will be paid on time. I have no idea what's for dinner tonight but I know it will be wonderful and delicious.

She buys whatever she wants. I see her buying crazy shit on Amazon all the time. She has a credit card that I pay off every month. She shops down on El Paseo and overpays for cheap clothes. LOL If she needs cash she can take as much as she wants from my wallet and does not have to ask. Although, she is super polite and she always tells me when she takes money. We don't share responsibilities. We each have our own.

She has no clue what property taxes are but she is the best damn cook in the world. LOL I don't think I have ever seen her look at a price tag. She just buys stuff. LOL Fortunately, her tastes are very simple and only a few times has she gone overboard.

I have had about 15 surgeries and when I am down and can't take care of myself, she turns into Florence f'ing Nightingale. LOL She is amazing in the things she does. The best of the best.

We are different pieces of a puzzle that fit together perfectly.

The only thing I worry about at this age is that before I die, I need to get certain ducks in a row so she will not have to deal with them.

So again, like you said, it depends on the couple. We couldn't be 2 more opposite ends of the stick. Yet, both work perfectly for each of us. LOL

At 70 years old I still remember something my Mother used to tell me..... It takes all kinds to make the world go round. Just because someone is different than you, it doesn't make them wrong. It just makes them different than you.

[strack salute]

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve always had this hard headed thing about making it on my own. I learned a lot early on about sharing expenses with a “live in“ getting screwed along the way so I’ve always been extra careful about spending and saving since. Mr Sub has been doing our bills since he retired 8 years before me. I did the bills the first 20 years or so. He is OCD about everything budget. I am much more relaxed and don’t worry for three nights if the checkbook is .17 cents off. This bothers him that I don’t get wrapped around the axel about it I think but he gets over it.
I do think it’s important that your spouse has some idea of what’s going on with the bills and expenses just in case he or she has to manage it in their own.
‘yes we have three checking accounts and we have access to each others checking and savings accounts too as it really is all one big sum if you think about it.
To my good fortune, Grayfox was a law office bookkeeper, in addition to being legal assistant and does an excellent job of managing our books. We also have similar conservative fiscal outlooks.

I have no worries about her handling her finances should I die first, as everything is paid for. My biggest concern is that she is not as handy as I am, so will have to find a new handy man and I can already see what a viper pit finding new honest and reliable vendors is getting to be.

The worst part is that we have outlived most of our tried-and-true standbys, so it is uncharted territory..........

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Another gorgeous clear day here in Rip City, starting at 63F and predicted to reach 96F.

I had a good luncheon with my old boss yesterday, who just had stents installed, in addition to his pacemaker, which he is scheduled to replace shortly due to battery condition.

My 5-gallon batch of corn sugar and Turbo yeast sat there and did nothing, so I bought more Turbo yeast locally, to augment the batch from Amazon that is apparently dead. The bubbler is going great guns now and a lesson was learned.............

Breakfast out this morning at Screen Door with Grayfox and NM.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I'm on my morning 3 Mile Walk had 2 Starbucks iced coffees. there's almost a light rain, probably about 70 75 Fahrenheit. the oceans keeping us cool. have a half ounce of something called spritzer it's a mac-1 hybrid it was 50 bucks. splurged on some ice hash too that was like 36 for a gram. wearing clean clothes. Still haven't gotten laid.