What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

OleReynard

Arlo is not a bad dog. He’s just a bit thick headed. He knows who the pack leader is. It just sometimes takes a few seconds while he stares at me asking for something of him. We realized a while back that it wasn’t defiance but just ignorance. We are lucky that Maryjane is super smart and helps him understand what we are asking of him. I’ve always had two dogs my entire adult life. Usually smart ones. All have had the same training I learned myself with my first GSD. Some dogs are just more eager to learn than others. Arlo is one of the others I guess 😁
Didn't say he was a bad dog, no bad dogs just bad owners and you don't fall into this category.
Just a proven fact, he'll straighten out

oldfogey8

View attachment 19019176 Your rock removal reminds me of the pair of salad tongs that fell apart when Grayfox dropped it and which I decided to fix rather than replace. The repair was as simple as drilling the pivot holes larger and installing a screw with a nut and riveting the end so the nut couldn't come off.

The fly in the ointment was compressing the torsion spring and inserting it before installing the screw and it took three different schemes to make it so, and multiple tries before the scheming started.

Salad tongs are cheap, but once I decided that I was going to make it so, I felt compelled to follow through and find a way.
I have 2 adult sons that I almost called to get help but was happy I was able to think it thru and use science/mechanical advantage to solve the problem. Fortunately my wife wasn’t home or she would have admonished me for doing the project barefoot.😁 I did have some support though…
IMG_3505.jpeg

OleReynard

I have 2 adult sons that I almost called to get help but was happy I was able to think it thru and use science/mechanical advantage to solve the problem. Fortunately my wife wasn’t home or she would have admonished me for doing the project barefoot.😁 I did have some support though
Beautifully marked dog my old neighbor had a gator mouthed pit marked the same way.
Andy a springer would chase that pit out of yard, poor dog would have tail between it's legs

oldfogey8

Beautifully marked dog my old neighbor had a gator mouthed pit marked the same way.
Andy a springer would chase that pit out of yard, poor dog would have tail between it's legs
Zig was billed as a Belgian Malanois mix by the shelter. We didn’t believe it for a second but his demeanor is happy-go-lucky so I convinced my wife he was ‘the one’. We got his DNA tested. No Belgian. Plenty of American Staffy with some pit, Catahoula Leopard and Plotts Hound mixed in. I think he also has some chicken in him but didn’t see it in his test results.😂 He’d rather get chased than fight at this point.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Arlo is not a bad dog. He’s just a bit thick headed. He knows who the pack leader is. It just sometimes takes a few seconds while he stares at me asking for something of him. We realized a while back that it wasn’t defiance but just ignorance. We are lucky that Maryjane is super smart and helps him understand what we are asking of him. I’ve always had two dogs my entire adult life. Usually smart ones. All have had the same training I learned myself with my first GSD. Some dogs are just more eager to learn than others. Arlo is one of the others I guess 😁
Our females have always been easier to train than our males. Not necessarily because they are smarter, but because they are more oriented toward pleasing their leader and pay closer attention.

Our males have all been more rambunctious and reactive than the females, requiring more training effort, but they all ended up obedient.

SubGirl

420club
Our females have always been easier to train than our males. Not necessarily because they are smarter, but because they are more oriented toward pleasing their leader and pay closer attention.

Our males have all been more rambunctious and reactive than the females, requiring more training effort, but they all ended up obedient.
Our Arlo is just slow to learn. He has just started responding to the squirrels on our walk. He’s never even seen them up till recently and now finally notices them. We take them to the park every,morning for run and fetch time. It’s not a dog park but a kids park and fenced in on three sides. If there is nobody in there we always stop. We even sometimes see their dog friends who’s owners allow them to also run off leash in this area. He’s like an overgrown puppy. He will come around I’m sure 💕

Last edited: