What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Those kind of lottery winnings boggles my mind, why so much, wouldn't it be better, if thousands of people won a smaller lottery?

Talk about destruction no one can deliver a knock out punch like the universe!

Good Day HempKat
Well the reason why is because they roll the pot over every week when nobody wins. By the time it gets that big though you get so many people buying large amounts of tickets trying to get that Billion that it alway is shared among multiple winners. It is a interesting fanasy though, becoming a billionaire over night. :biggrin: What would you do to get the most fun out of it and yet beat the odds of becoming one ofThose lottery winners that go hog wild and is broke a few years later. :thinking:

My go to answer is to put it all in multipe secure investments paying at 5% or better per year and just living off the interest. I mean that's like 5 Million per year. :woohoo:

Last edited:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
an example of a conversation with my gf

IMG_3749.jpeg

oldmaninbc

Yes and I have to keep it at home until they call. They are backed up and don't have room to store it so I still have it. Decided I can wait another day to mow. I can rig it so I think I can use the drive wheels. Just pull the cable out and clamp it with channel locks. Only problem is the wheels will be engaged all the time so I will have to use man power to horse it through the turns.
Good old manual steering. It's good that you found a way to use it until repaired.

oldmaninbc

an example of a conversation with my gf

View attachment 19016729
A friend and I were going to the big city for a weekend of fun. We decided to go to a fancier place for supper. Us big shots decided to order a bottle of wine with our meal; we had no idea what we were doing, just asked the waiter to bring us something. After he poured one glass of wine, he was waiting for me to taste it, I was just sitting there with no idea of what the waiter wanted. He must have thought what a couple of dumb asses.

SubGirl

420club
Yes and I have to keep it at home until they call. They are backed up and don't have room to store it so I still have it. Decided I can wait another day to mow. I can rig it so I think I can use the drive wheels. Just pull the cable out and clamp it with channel locks. Only problem is the wheels will be engaged all the time so I will have to use man power to horse it through the turns.
Easier than pushing the whole time. Maybe harder to make those perfect diagonal lines tho. 🤪

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Easier than pushing the whole time. Maybe harder to make those perfect diagonal lines tho. 🤪
Gonna find out. Farg, been out working in the veggie garden. Back planted beans, cukes,peas and beets. Just about anything and everything that can ache does. It's better to work out there in the heat of the day because it is a bad year for skeeters .... they will eat you alive in the morning and evenings.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
My go to answer is to put it all in multipe secure investments paying at 5% or better per year and just living off the interest. I mean that's like 5 Million per year.
That is exactly the way I did it. Started in my mid 20's. That plus my 401K. Slow, safe and steady. i have never bought a lottery ticket and never will.

A friend and I were going to the big city for a weekend of fun. We decided to go to a fancier place for supper. Us big shots decided to order a bottle of wine with our meal; we had no idea what we were doing, just asked the waiter to bring us something. After he poured one glass of wine, he was waiting for me to taste it, I was just sitting there with no idea of what the waiter wanted. He must have thought what a couple of dumb asses.
We have wine with dinner most every time we go out. Anymore I just tell the waiter to pour it.....

I got him making us a pot of coffee and something sweet. 😁
If he comes back you probably have a lot in common.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is exactly the way I did it. Started in my mid 20's. That plus my 401K. Slow, safe and steady. i have never bought a lottery ticket and never will.

We have wine with dinner most every time we go out. Anymore I just tell the waiter to pour it.....

If he comes back you probably have a lot in common.
I bought a lottery ticket once as part of a group purchase and then we all sat around and dreamed what we would do with the money if we won, which of course we didn't, but we all had a lot of fun talking about it.

Having a reasonable facility with math and statistics, I haven't bought any more tickets.

I don't typically have wine with dinner anymore, but I have received bad bottles before, so still always smell and taste. You can usually tell with just the smell.

SG, if he comes back and gives you a foot and back rub, you have both a lot in common and a keeper.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I don't typically have wine with dinner anymore, but I have received bad bottles before, so still always smell and taste. You can usually tell with just the smell.
I have never had a bad bottle of wine. Plus I don't like the pomp and circumstance.....Just Pour it!

We drink two kinds. Pinot Noir with Italian and red Meat.....Pino Grigio with chicken and fish.

Magu🌈

One day I went to the grocery store to buy liver for liver and onions. There was a young female clerk checking me out ( that looks funny when you read it 🤣 ). Anyway, she sees the liver and asks me if Im going fishing. I look at her and say “ What the fuck are you talking about ?” Lol. She thought I was buying bait. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

oldmaninbc

One day I went to the grocery store to buy liver for liver and onions. There was a young female clerk checking me out ( that looks funny when you read it 🤣 ). Anyway, she sees the liver and asks me if Im going fishing. I look at her and say “ What the fuck are you talking about ?” Lol. She thought I was buying bait. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I have never heard of someone using liver as bait, did she just make this up or did she have customers who bought liver for fish bait, I don't know.

I have not eaten liver in a long time, the last time was some baby beef liver.

Magu🌈

I have never heard of someone using liver as bait, did she just make this up or did she have customers who bought liver for fish bait, I don't know.

I have not eaten liver in a long time, the last time was some baby beef liver.
The nearest village is next to a river. People use liver as bait for catfish. They usually leave it in the sun for a few days so that it spoils and stinks. The catfish can smell it for miles. I have seen river cats big enough to swallow a man. 🤪