What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

I'm trying to remember was it you that showed your handy work with canes & sticks?
Yes. I was in a walking stick-making kick a couple years ago. Haven’t found any good stock recently though. We have an invasive plant called Oriental Bittersweet that wraps around trees and shapes the branches and trunks into a spiral shape. I like those or Hawthorne as stock but I don’t want to kill a plant to make a stick so I patiently wait. And wait…

Ringodoggie

Premium user
RE: The debit card theft...

The chances that those people or that address had anything to do with this is probably about zero. Thieves never use their real name or address.

If it were me, I might use that name and address and then porch pirate the item when it arrives.

Or, use any one of the online apps to change delivery instructions.

Or, say it never arrived and get a gift card refund

Or...holy cow, I can go on and on. The thieves and scumbags have all the angles figured out.

Like I said, doubtful the people at that address even have a clue.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Morning Hempkat
The lady my spouse was referring to, also acquired another disease(diabetes) from medications related to the transplant. There was other issues as well but I won't write what I can't remember properly.
No problem, my main point was that for all one goes thru with a double lung transplant it doesn't offer that much added life usually.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
RE: The debit card theft...

The chances that those people or that address had anything to do with this is probably about zero. Thieves never use their real name or address.

If it were me, I might use that name and address and then porch pirate the item when it arrives.

Or, use any one of the online apps to change delivery instructions.

Or, say it never arrived and get a gift card refund

Or...holy cow, I can go on and on. The thieves and scumbags have all the angles figured out.

Like I said, doubtful the people at that address even have a clue.
I suspect that as well or a relative.........somehow I doubt its the oldies that were shown.
I lost nothing except some time handling replacing the card and reversing the charge.
Sure don't wanna harass anyone who isn't involved.
Wife doesn't give a shit except she has to wait a couple days for a new card.
IMG_20240610_154938_3.jpg
Baby was all I said stop boy!!!
😆
Hurt his feeling and he did indeed chill out for about 7 seconds.
Both passed out hard now hopefully stay that way and we can get some sleep tonight.

HempKat

Veteran
It's not hard to imagine an economic colapse but I find the results of such a thing would be catastrophic for so many people. The complications would be too many and far to unpredictable for me to think of.
Yet, I see leaders, wealthy people and corporations unwilling to bend from their agendas.

In my heart I hope there is a better way to fix things.

Good day to you Magu
Yeah an economic collapse isn't to be taken lightly especially in a country as large as the US. A handful of people could manage okay on their skills and knowledge if sufficiently prepared to go off grid. Millions upon millions would die horribly of starvation and the rise of crime and violence. People whose only crime if you will was that they allowed themselves to lose the necessary survival skills to make it without the utilities we've become accustom to or the governmental systems to roughly maintain law and order. Then there will be those who survive by taking what they can wherever they can thru the use of force who will eventually start coming after all those who were able to survive on their own. Which would bring about the worst aspect of such a collapse, having to kill those people coming for what you have lest they kill you or leave you with nothing after they plunder your stash. People who are only that way out of utter desperation but before the collapse might have been relatively decent people, some maybe even people you once called friends. Now sure, I'm positive many of us, especially those with guns would think, "that would never happen to me, I'll kill anyone that tries to take what's mine". Many of us imagine we would all be John Rambo types but all that is in the movies. When confonted with it in your face it gets a whole lot harder then we imagine and as slick as we might think we are there will be some among those scavengers that will be just a little bit slicker.

Last edited:

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Yeah an economic collapse isn't to be taken lightly especially in a country as large as the US. A handful of people could manage okay on their skills and knowledge if sufficiently prepared to go off grid. Millions upon millions would die horrible of starvation and the rise of crime and violence. People whose only crime if you will was that the allowed themselves to lose the necessary survival skills to make it without the utilities we've become accustom to or the governmental systems to roughly maintain law and order. Then there will be those who survive by taking what they can wherever they can thru the use of force who will eventually start coming after all those who were able to survive on their own. Which would bring about the worst aspect of such a collapse, having to kill those people coming for what you have lest they kill you or leave you with nothing after they plunder your stash. People who are only that way out of utter desperation but before the collapse might have been decent people, some maybe even people you once called friends. Now sure, i'mk positive many of us, especially those with guns would think, that would never happen to be, I'll kill anyone that tries to take what's mine. Many of us imagine we would all be John Rambo types but all that is in the movies. When confonted with it in your face it gets a whole lot harder then we imagine and as slick as we might think we are there will be some among those scavengers that will be just a llittle bit slicker.
I think the urnan population centers and surrounding areas will have very hard times.
Out here where we produce all the food we will band together in ojr little communities with our neighbors and do for self.
My guess based on living in both........chaos,misery and death for all just a matter of the degree.

HempKat

Veteran
Charge disputed and reversed......our bank does not fuck around.

Sorry to laugh but where does one pin a card?
Glad to hear it got quickly fixed, most banks and/or credit card companies are good about this especially if you catch it quickly. Many will monitor activity for things that are uncharacteristic or out of your usual shopping area and temporarily freeze the card until the customer calls in to verify the purchases.

HempKat

Veteran
Lowes sent me the receipt with a name and address for the delivery........ Wisconsin.
Googled that and got a phone number.........let the games begin.
I get the temptation to seek revenge but it's probably best to leave it to the bank. They are only so willing to reverse charges and restore funds to the rightful customer because they have the means and resources to track lowlifes like that down and hold them accountible. It's not a 100% guarentee they'll get what they deserve but the odds aren't in their favor otherwise the banks wouldn't eat any losses.

HempKat

Veteran
I think the urnan population centers and surrounding areas will have very hard times.
Out here where we produce all the food we will band together in ojr little communities with our neighbors and do for self.
My guess based on living in both........chaos,misery and death for all just a matter of the degree.
Yeah it will start mainly in the big cities and then after all stores have been looted and everyone has started backstabbing their neighbors it would most likely spread out to the suburbs.. Rural places especially in agricultural areas will stand the best chances especially if they band together. Also small remote towns could hold up a long time especially if there are people there who still have the skills to grow and preserve food. Also people who have property way out in the boonies that they can go to will likely do fairly well because the scavangers will be less likely to roam to far from places they feel sure will have the resources they want.

HempKat

Veteran
...it ain't that bad yet, lol...we're good...you want a red flag to look for? ...when real motorcycle gangs start voicing publicly...we got problems...until then it's just a story being fed intravenously to every human holding a phone
Yeah there are many people that for whatever reasons think it's a good idea to give the masses a steady diet of fear. I've been seeing for at least the past six years lots of videos on YouTube with fairly convincing predictions of gloom and doom and how the end is just around the corner in one form or another. There seems to be a rather disturbingly large portion of the population hoping for the end times predicted in the bible to come, mainly because they believe they will be caught up in what is called the rapture and spared the worst of it. Completely ignoring that the rapture isn't something specifically promised in the bible but rather something that over the years people have read into the bible. Still many don't seem to care, they just want it to all be over so that they can move onto some heavenly eternity they think they'll be a part of. Even if that does happen many will be surprised at their fate.