What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I took walt's advice and went out today and bought quarters, lots of pre 64 quarters...the local coin shop has barrels full of them...I ended up with a bag of $300 face value coins...they are affordable, even if you buy a few each week...who'd ever think we'd be buying old coins...:cool:
I don't know if this is accurate but I know someone who has a thing for collecting silver that says pre 1964 quarters will get you $6 at most coin shops or stores that buy gold and silver.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Hey i didn't make the rules someone else did...im just using them to my advantage is all lol View attachment 19015903
Well I didn't say it was absolutely forbidden I just meant there are many here who get all uneasy and upset if it goes too far. Some though seem to be okay with just brief mentions that elude to their political beliefs. A lot depends on what your views are, some views are more tolerated then others.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

420club
I don’t know what the hell this world is coming to. I had someone replace a regulator on one of my LP gas tanks that I use for my generator and I’m out grilling and I smell LP. The guy tighten one of the nuts and it’s been pissing out for three days. People just don’t give a shit about what they do in their jobs… I could’ve been dead:eek:
Pass that on to the outfit. For two reasons:

1. Safety to others like you
2. Get the sumbitch to do his job carefully

Unca Walt

420club
There is a guy by that name on Facebook different town but in WI
May not be the same guy but maybe a lead. Looks like maybe a pic of him and his wife at their kids wedding. Maybe not even the same guy. His address on FB is Waukesha, Wisconsin. Looks like maybe a Jr. too in the same town

View attachment 19015927
Note to Folks: Do not to piss off Subbie. She will hunt your ass down.

Unca Walt

420club
Here is my dilemma regards the police........generally speaking they are worse thieves than Scott and his wife could ever be.
Then there is the whole G's dont snitch thing so unless someone harms my wife or children and I cannot locate them myself I don't call cops.
Mans gotta have some principles to get by in this life and I reckon those are some of mine.
🐕
@dogzter While I do not agree with that philosophy, I respect your position.

Working within your way, may I recommend the "Unca Walt takes no prisoners" POV:

deleted

Nope. I just had it pointed out the guy may just be a random address and not responsible.

Last edited:

Magu🌈

Ah, but brother Pute -- you are again looking at the short form. Your starting goal should be having think-alike neighbors <-- if you do not have them now, fix that. "One is none, two are One."

You must always assume something will fail. If you are one, you are done. If you have partner(s) your survival potential skyrockets.

Wait -- What you are supposed to do is actually in the bible -- my Daddy showed it me 75 years ago:

“Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up the other; but woe to one who is alone and falls and does not have another to help. Again, if two lie together, they keep warm; but how can one keep warm alone?” Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

You've seen pictures of destroyed cities. Yet... beautiful new cities have risen, both on the ashes of the destroyed ones and out of the Arabian desert.

Some people fared well, many people fared horribly in the continuous, never ceasing wars of mankind. Those who fared well did so by not just accepting oncoming disaster.

They planned their moves ahead... before the disaster.

It will remove a lot of worry to GYST.
In my mind I keep seeing that old episode of “The Twilight Zone” where the neighbors are all best buddies because things are good. But then the word comes that the Russians have launched a nuclear strike. The one fellow retreats to his nuclear fall out shelter with his family and refuses to let in any of his “buddies” even though they plead and beg him to at least save their children. At the end it was all just a false alarm but the illusion of neighborhood solidarity has been shattered forever.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Seems like we've been programmed for a distopian future - with all the Mad Max and Zombie movies the masses readily consume - from the comfort of a lounge suite 🤔 - so many out there have been getting ready for it - if it ever shows up - but if it don't - then at least you can say that you were ready for 'The Walking Dead' - but that's all in the movies -

The stark reality of it - if it ever does show up - will be heartbreaking and lethal for most - and I hope not to have to witness any of that 😕 -

Most all of us have had good lives already - and the younger generations know that - so might blame us - and most won't want to adapt to mass starvation and maximum civil unrest - some will survive - until the ammunition runs out - and the food is all gone - then what? -

- the vast majority of us oldies will die off from lack of medical care - not being able to access meds and surgery when needed - how many of us are on prescription drugs that keep us functional now ? - good luck getting a prescription filled - It does make you wonder - 😏 -

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Another gorgeous day here, starting at 53F and predicted to reach 73F.

I'm taking bids today for a new front walkway. The existing one is brick cobble and I designed a new one using concrete, bordered and accented with brick.

Magu🌈

Seems like we've been programmed for a distopian future - with all the Mad Max and Zombie movies the masses readily consume - from the comfort of a lounge suite 🤔 - so many out there have been getting ready for it - if it ever shows up - but if it don't - then at least you can say that you were ready for 'The Walking Dead' - but that's all in the movies -

The stark reality of it - if it ever does show up - will be heartbreaking and lethal for most - and I hope not to have to witness any of that 😕 -

Most all of us have had good lives already - and the younger generations know that - so might blame us - and most won't want to adapt to mass starvation and maximum civil unrest - some will survive - until the ammunition runs out - and the food is all gone - then what? -

- the vast majority of us oldies will die off from lack of medical care - not being able to access meds and surgery when needed - how many of us are on prescription drugs that keep us functional now ? - good luck getting a prescription filled - It does make you wonder - 😏 -
I agree completely with what you have said Gypsy. However, I dont honestly think it will ever come to that. There will never be a total collapse or a civil war. The US military would take over control before that ever happened in the USA just to protect the nuclear weapons. They would lock down this country and anyone found outside after curfew would be shot on sight. Regardless of political affiliation. The military would never give up power but it would not be chaos.