What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Pffffffft...........deez nutz.
That's the most positive thing I have this morning.
🤔
I cannot believe that self centered bitch actually took a job at the grocery store.
😣
Fuck them kids they make more money than we ever did and already have a nice inheritance.
😆
Now I have to find something to entertain myself all damn day...........she is gonna regret that.
😂
Shove Ha'penny? - Bingo? - Tiddlywinks? -

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

AWRIGHT. ATTENTION ALLA YOUSE NON-NAPPERS!!

Y'all still have the ring of the potty 'round your hineys. Still poopin' yellow. Just you wait until yer well into yer 8th decade.

Napping becomes reality just like mourning becomes Electra. Wha?

Anyway... sometime around noon or so, the Beautiful Witch will get a fit of the wearys at the same time I do. We'll lay down and zero out for about 30-40 minutes. Every day. Wake up ready to fly again.
Us young whipper snippers in our 70s who want to forgo the napping routine, we are not intentionally trying to make you feel even older than us, but you are.:)

What's the secret to having a smoking hot body when your a senior? Cremation

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Thanks HempKat! I am getting sedated for this round. Mrs Pute will drive me home.

Funny thing....days after the shot my back is noticably better but right before the next shots the pain returns.

Thinking/hoping this is the last visit in this series.... question is....how long will the relief last....?
You're quite welcome. It's likely a good choice getting sedated if this is you first go at this procedure. Since my situation has me living alone and no nearbt candidates for driving me home I had to go with just the local anesthetic, once the procedure was done and they had me get up off the table where the procedure was done the pain I felt was considerable definitely a 10 on the scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the worst. It was so intense I almost wasn't able to stand. Fortunately it went away very quickly and by the time they let me leave 30 minutes later it was down to a 5 on the same pain scale. By the next day my back pain was almost completely gone and stayed that way for about a week or so. Then one day I stretched in an awkward way to reach something I had dropped and got a sharp momentary pain for my effort. From that point on I felt like I had never had the procedure done. It improved some by the next day but I nver got back to feeling pain free like I did the first week or so. I waited a full year almost to the day before I got my second treatment of this type. I don't know what made it different but the second time it was much less painful then the first time. This time when I got off the table all I felt was a minor soreness from the shots. It's been close to a month now since that treatment and so far I'm still mostly pain free. Although if I do something strenuous to my back pain does come back some but then usually goes away if I stop what I'm doing and rest for a bit.

So as you can see from my description it's hard to say how long the relief will last and if you ask the doctor he'll likely tell you it's different for everyone. As far as Medicare restrictions go you can only get it done once every six months but I've heard that a lot of people wait at least a year before repeating the procedure. Your doctor is also likely to tell you the dame thing mine did, which is the more often you get it done the time you remain pain free gets slightly longer. Supposedly because some slight scar tissue will form causing it to take longer each time for the nerve endings to grow back. Before I tried this procedure I did the series of 3 spinal injections and I never experienced any benefit from that, so any length of time even of just a week or so (1st time) or so far a month and counting (this 2nd time around) is an improvement. You results might be different though but hopefully however long it lasts the relief will be fairly significant for you.

oldmaninbc

Finally - I am getting prepped for surgery - the surgeon said he will go in thru the part healed scar - where they put a pacemaker in 2 weeks ago - to correct the placement of a loose wire in the heart ❤️ - and secure it in the place where it should be - all they will give me is a tranquilliser - and a local anesthetic for the scar/cut area - not a long procedure - and when it's done - I should be able to be allowed to GO HOME!!! - after spending a whole week - parked up and waiting for this corrective surgery to happen - 🙃 phew!
It's unfortunate that it happened in the first place, but today it will be corrected, you will be back on your feet once again. Able to carry on, soon to be better than it has been in awhile!

Do they use a soldering iron and staple gun to fix it:)

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Us young whipper snippers in our 70s who want to forgo the napping routine, we are not intentionally trying to make you feel even older than us, but you are.:)

What's the secret to having a smoking hot body when your a senior? Cremation
I am in my mid 70's and I don't necessarily feel like a young whipper snapper! However I still get around pretty well. Multiple things I could complain about but it doesn't help. Just makes me feel better knowing that we are all in this together and we all love to smoke weed.

giphy.gif

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Guess I am farged! MRI shows bone to bone!
Not necessarily, results seem to very from one person to the next. Just try not to have any expectations and see how things go. You should notice whatever relief you'll get fairly quickly, by the next day at the outside. If you don't feel noticeable relief try not to push things too hard the first week to give yourself maximum time to recover and adjust to whatever your new normal is. Good luck.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It's unfortunate that it happened in the first place, but today it will be corrected, you will be back on your feet once again. Able to carry on, soon to be better than it has been in awhile!

Do they use a soldering iron and staple gun to fix it:)
I dunno - because although I was conscious throughout the procedure - they had a 'drape' over me - obscuring my vision - it was rather painful - with alot of pushing and shoving wire in and out of the reopened wound - but I couldn't exactly make out what they were doing nor what tools they were using to do it with -

The next dilemma is to see if I can get released today - just had a junior doctor in here telling me that it might be tomorrow - Jeez! - just need an x-ray and to see a pharmacist - and it's only 5.30pm now - so should be plenty of time -

OleReynard

Pute, I’ve had my spinal bladed four times and it’s never lasted more than a year. It all depends on how much damage you’ve done to your back whether it be exposed nerves or bone on bone. I’m getting close to bone bone and I don’t think the injections are going to give me much more relief, the first time I had the shot it lasted for two years then it lasted for 18 months, then the next one lasted a year, my most recent one was about six months ago and I’m stiff as a board in the morning… a lot has to do with your level of activity stressing your back…
So they have to burn every nerve ending associated with your pain, ohhh boy.

OleReynard

Well, yer Ancient One made YouTube today:

I got visited by a guy (Nick) I had never met in person, but knew from Precious Metals chat rooms. We were talking in the beautiful Floriduh sunshine, and I saw a friendly wildie coming out of my bushes. I had a can of peanuts, and decided to lure him out so Nick could see him up close.

I was unaware he was taking a video of me as I fed my wild/tame peacock “Beau” some peanuts.

Beau was born in my yard about 15 years ago, and lives here with his sibling Fancy Pants.

The fun part was that Beau, while being a tad shy with a stranger around, still did his routine of always caressing my head with his feathers after getting some goodies from me.

Meanwhile, looking at the video (I have never seen myself in video before) the first thing that popped into my mind was:

“He was big and bent and gray and old…”

Were all gonna get that way brother.

oldmaninbc

I haven't driven since August 2013 when I was thrown into that camp bagong diwa detention jail in Manila - all my vehicles at the time were in the Philippines - so 2 and a half years later - when I was allowed to deport back to the UK 🇬🇧 - and faught off extradition to the USA - I had no vehicle to use - except a bicycle and started walking everywhere - couldn't afford to buy a car anyway - but realized that owning a car would be a pain in the arse in the metropolitan London area - where my little apartment was

- got a free bus/tube pass at 60 years old - but mainly just walked everywhere I needed to go - schlepping lots of shopping 🛍 too - gaining physical benefit from all of that physical activity 😀 - and haven't missed all the tax and insurances - parking costs and tickets - fuel/oil and service/mechanics costs - worrying about theft and vandalism - and washing a car - all things that go with vehicle ownership - so MUCH LESS STRESS - and cost - and I'm much healthier due to all the walking and schlepping too -

I still have one Toyota SUV - back on Palawan in the Philippines 🇵🇭 - and one day hope to return - where I will need it - due to all the long distances and rough roads and hauling heavy stuff to rebuild my old beach house 🏠 - hopefully within the next 5 years or so - 😀
You made a strong case for not owning a vehicle. Your gov't gives free transportation passes, that's great.

I have always been a fan of walking, such a simple thing for most and in my rural walks, there was always something from the natural world that stood out.

Glad to hear your feeling positive and soon to be healthier than you have.

oldmaninbc

The picture wasn't labeled, but I think that would be a good guess.

That reminds me of the birth of my first born. In those hoary days of yore, we had no reliable way to tell whether it was male or female, but all indications were that it was male and that was the ASSumption.

Water break at 01:00, 90 mph drive to the hospital, shaving around baby's head as it was "crowning" (top of head arriving), and just enough time to smoke one cigarette before the nurse came in the waiting room and announced, "congratulations, you have a new healthy baby girl. Would you like to see her?"

Shock that it was a girl given everyone's best guess, but daughters are a good thing too, so I could live with that and of course I wanted to see her!

She hadn't been cleaned up yet and her head was still misshapen, and I was shocked at how ugly she was.

Back to the waiting room to smoke another cigarette and reflect, where I decided, "OK, an ugly daughter is OK too, she will probably have a better personality for it and at least there won't be as many horny boys hanging around.

The nurse returns and says, "Your daughter is cleaned up now. If you will follow me, I'll take you to her."

There were at least a dozen babies arayed behind the nursery window that she took me to, but my eyes immediately picked out my daughter without being told.

Her head shape had recovered from birth, her color returned, and she was the most gorgeous baby I have ever laid eyes on before or since.

You go brother! You got this! View attachment 18999570 View attachment 18999579

Prayers and healing thoughts your way, enjoy your family reunion at home! View attachment 18999573 View attachment 18999572 View attachment 18999574
You felt drawn to your own daughter:) That's sweet!

My son looked like ET when he left the birth canal.

Magu🌈

I dunno - because although I was conscious throughout the procedure - they had a 'drape' over me - obscuring my vision - it was rather painful - with alot of pushing and shoving wire in and out of the reopened wound - but I couldn't exactly make out what they were doing nor what tools they were using to do it with -

The next dilemma is to see if I can get released today - just had a junior doctor in here telling me that it might be tomorrow - Jeez! - just need an x-ray and to see a pharmacist - and it's only 5.30pm now - so should be plenty of time -
Yahoo!!! Glad it all went OK Gypsy ! 😁 We have decided that your new theme song for your future life should be an ABBA classic “Dancing Queen”. 🤣 Listen to the lyrics. Its all you need. 😁🌈

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You felt drawn to your own daughter:) That's sweet!

My son looked like ET when he left the birth canal.
I was blown away by how easy it was to tell family resemblance at first glance after she was cleaned up and regained her head shape.

My daughter and ET would have been a contest for out of this world looks at birth. Her head was conical shaped and looked sort of like half a cantaloupe sitting on a popsicle stick with purple vein standing out.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I was blown away by how easy it was to tell family resemblance at first glance after she was cleaned up and regained her head shape.

My daughter and ET would have been a contest for out of this world looks at birth. Her head was conical shaped and looked sort of like half a cantaloupe sitting on a popsicle stick with purple vein standing out.
Aint nothing beautiful about birthing cept the baby ime.
😆
They don't really prepare a yong man for the first time either as if must be hilarious to watch our faces.
😁

oldmaninbc

Pute, I’ve had my spinal bladed four times and it’s never lasted more than a year. It all depends on how much damage you’ve done to your back whether it be exposed nerves or bone on bone. I’m getting close to bone bone and I don’t think the injections are going to give me much more relief, the first time I had the shot it lasted for two years then it lasted for 18 months, then the next one lasted a year, my most recent one was about six months ago and I’m stiff as a board in the morning… a lot has to do with your level of activity stressing your back…
That seems to be the way it goes, relief is constantly decreasing, until there is no relief.

In some cases when bones fuse together, then you get relief.

I have bone on bone and I never get use to the grating.

OleReynard

You made a strong case for not owning a vehicle. Your gov't gives free transportation passes, that's great.

I have always been a fan of walking, such a simple thing for most and in my rural walks, there was always something from the natural world that stood out.

Glad to hear your feeling positive and soon to be healthier than you have.
Well shit they all ought to be rich over there no overhead for gas and maintenance.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
That seems to be the way it goes, relief is constantly decreasing, until there is no relief.

In some cases when bones fuse together, then you get relief.

I have bone on bone and I never get use to the grating.
Me either.
Bubba still gets carsick takes less than 7 minutes with the windows down till he starts puking.
🙄
His belly seems to hold about a 5 gallln buckets worth...........least he didn't shit all over this time.
😆

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
You're quite welcome. It's likely a good choice getting sedated if this is you first go at this procedure. Since my situation has me living alone and no nearbt candidates for driving me home I had to go with just the local anesthetic, once the procedure was done and they had me get up off the table where the procedure was done the pain I felt was considerable definitely a 10 on the scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the worst. It was so intense I almost wasn't able to stand. Fortunately it went away very quickly and by the time they let me leave 30 minutes later it was down to a 5 on the same pain scale. By the next day my back pain was almost completely gone and stayed that way for about a week or so. Then one day I stretched in an awkward way to reach something I had dropped and got a sharp momentary pain for my effort. From that point on I felt like I had never had the procedure done. It improved some by the next day but I nver got back to feeling pain free like I did the first week or so. I waited a full year almost to the day before I got my second treatment of this type. I don't know what made it different but the second time it was much less painful then the first time. This time when I got off the table all I felt was a minor soreness from the shots. It's been close to a month now since that treatment and so far I'm still mostly pain free. Although if I do something strenuous to my back pain does come back some but then usually goes away if I stop what I'm doing and rest for a bit.

So as you can see from my description it's hard to say how long the relief will last and if you ask the doctor he'll likely tell you it's different for everyone. As far as Medicare restrictions go you can only get it done once every six months but I've heard that a lot of people wait at least a year before repeating the procedure. Your doctor is also likely to tell you the dame thing mine did, which is the more often you get it done the time you remain pain free gets slightly longer. Supposedly because some slight scar tissue will form causing it to take longer each time for the nerve endings to grow back. Before I tried this procedure I did the series of 3 spinal injections and I never experienced any benefit from that, so any length of time even of just a week or so (1st time) or so far a month and counting (this 2nd time around) is an improvement. You results might be different though but hopefully however long it lasts the relief will be fairly significant for you.
Thanks Bro. I appreciate your words of wisdom. Starting to get a bit anxious ....... I will live. I think.....