What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Maybe or maybe not, afterall they were able to detect the issue with the wiring thru that fancy piece of technology they sent you in the mail and I blieve getting a pacemaker is frequently done on an out patient basis. Then again this hospital seems to have a tendency to keep you there longer then what's considered typical here in the States. Now I know in your country they got that fancy shmany single payer healthcare system that many in the US aspire to. So I don't know if there is any benefit financially to the hospital for keeping you longr then absolutely necessary but over here hospitalsroutinely push people out of the hospital after just a few days due to pressure from the insurance companies and the threat of being sued for insurance fraud.

So hopefully once they get that pesky, uncooperative wire to go where it belongs, they'll give you the good news, "Okay, you can go home now."
Oh - I really do hope 🙏 that I hear those words today HempKat - and I can go home 🏡 to be a Dad and husband again - since I feel rather useless just sitting around in the hospital - but it does make me more aware where the word 'patient' - came from -

I'm trying to be a patient patient - and not let my anger boil up - because I'm fed up with being a patient patient - and really need this team to fix me - as they should have done 10 days ago now 😀 -

The last 2 days I have a new room mate here called Ron - born in 1937 - in England - and we get along real fine - he had a pacemaker fitted yesterday and a valve fix - so at least I have someone to chat with - my Dad was called Ronald too and born in 1935 - but died in 2016 - so its good to have someone around from my Dad's generation -

Unca Walt

420club
Well - best not go swimming around where they can kill ya - that's common sense - I try to avoid being too close to animals - who look at me as if I'm LUNCH -
Meh -- I've been on CNN. I was filmed hand-feeding sharks off the Floriduh coast by Ft. Lauderdale. They made a segment called "People living on the edge".

I even wrote a humor article about it for a magazine, where Voice Of God James Earl Jones intones: "This is CNN... And Unca Waltie!"

Magu🌈

My little yorky dog is sick this morning. He has diabetes and would not eat his breakfast. He ate three mouthfulls so I gave him 1/2 of a regular dose of insuline. Now 4 hours later he finally ate his food. Hopefully he will eat dinner on scheduale and get the full insuline dose. I think there is a new female in the neighborhood. All he wants to do is smell around and piss on the same spot. He has himself all upset. He may be starting to go blind slowly. He has been my little buddy for 11 years but I think he is just old and worn out. All things change. “All we are is dust in the wind.”

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Good morning all you Cool Cats

we are off to the big city this morning for a check up at the dentist…it is gonna be a long day so I am drinking extra strong coffee and rolling extra joints for the road

about 150 miles one way

see you all this evening

first , gotta check the oil and air and fill up with gas

IMG_8863.jpeg

oldfogey8

Well actually, like many wrestlers he spent time as both a good guy and a bad guy and no, wrestling isn't fake, just the drama they dress it up with on TV is fake. That's how it goes though, people love to see all that drama. :biggrin:
I used to work as a stagehand in Worcester, MA. I worked a bunch of WWF(now WWE) shows. After the ring was set up and the lights and sound were hung, the wrestlers would all be around the ring and they would rehearse the show. Even the wrestlers who ‘hated’ one another in front of the cameras were hanging with each other and joking around. I say this to argue that the outcome of the matches are ‘fake’ but I don’t think the wrestlers are fake. They are huge men(even the shorter ones are massive men) but creepily agile and athletic. Think of an elephant with the agility of a cat. I saw one former wrestler in a suit(I think his name was Ricky Steamboat) walk up to one of the stagehands, who was recording a rehearsal on his phone, hand his phone over to the Mr Steamboat sheepishly. He never got his phone back😂. Those were fun shows to work. The roadies(who were the refs in the matches) were all regular guys as were the wrestlers as far as interacting with us locals. Not arrogant like their personas. Not arrogant like a lot of music headliners(though some musicians were friendly). I chatted with Jeff Tweedy in a hallway backstage before a Wilco show and he gave me the set list from the previous nights show for my brother in law who is a huge Wilco fan.

jokerman

Premium user
b
Good morning all you Cool Cats

we are off to the big city this morning for a check up at the dentist…it is gonna be a long day so I am drinking extra strong coffee and rolling extra joints for the road

about 150 miles one way

see you all this evening

first , gotta check the oil and air and fill up with gas

View attachment 18999210
buckle up ,hydrate and wear clean underwear☝️

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A clear double gorgeous day starting at 40F and predicted to reach 67F. Looks like at least a week of double gorgeous weather predicted!

I finished sorting out 522 pictures at 1.9GB, after deleting around 10 that were good pictures, but the people had stupid looks on their face, one of them me.

Gym this morning and then it's off to Fernhill dog park with Miss Layla to let the housekeepers have their way with our nest.

imiubu

If I may be so bold, that is Jack because he lives in your heart and always will. Every time a dog passes they take a little bit from me, but they leave more than they take…
One night recently getting into bed and snuggling up with my new gal I fell into a cozy slumber.
I dreamed that every dog I'd ever had since childhood, were all in bed with me. The GS and
the Collie/ GS mix were on the floor, one at the foot and one at the side. They were the protectors
and well, the bed would be crowded and they would get too hot. When I awoke, I felt a sense
of calm and of deep love. I can still remember the position that each dog held on that big ole bed.
They are all still with me and I believe they all visited that night to reassure me that they always will
be.
Okay... now my eyes are puddling up.

jokerman

Premium user
We are lu
Good morning brothers and sisters! View attachment 18999213 View attachment 18999214

A clear double gorgeous day starting at 40F and predicted to reach 67F. Looks like at least a week of double gorgeous weather predicted!

I finished sorting out 522 pictures at 1.9GB, after deleting around 10 that were good pictures, but the people had stupid looks on their face, one of them me.

Gym this morning and then it's off to Fernhill dog park with Miss Layla to let the housekeepers have their way with our nest.
We are lucky to be in the digital age.
I remember my girls kids would go to Frost Valley a thing kids went as a class.
Come back and have $100 worth of pictures developed and may get 4 good pictures if that

jokerman

Premium user
min
One night recently getting into bed and snuggling up with my new gal I fell into a cozy slumber.
I dreamed that every dog I'd ever had since childhood, were all in bed with me. The GS and
the Collie/ GS mix were on the floor, one at the foot and one at the side. They were the protectors
and well, the bed would be crowded and they would get too hot. When I awoke, I felt a sense
of calm and of deep love. I can still remember the position that each dog held on that big ole bed.
They are all still with me and I believe they all visited that night to reassure me that they always will
be.
mine too❤️

jokerman

Premium user
be.

Latest posts

Latest posts