What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
so yeah , I never learned to fly fish , hell , it was to difficult to learn baitcasting with an AbuGarcia Ambassador 5000 let alone a proper fly casting rig

so I stumbled on the Tenkara fishing method and it fits my style perfectly…

and more importantly , opened the door to the world of fly fishing

so yeah , the ponds are unfrozen now , we drove by them yesterday , and I am jonesing to wet a few flies

so maybe today or weather permitting , tomorrow Swede and I will try and get out to the pond and see if anything is biting

IMG_0956.jpeg

IMG_0951.jpeg

IMG_0952.jpeg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
so yeah , I never learned to fly fish , hell , it was to difficult to learn baitcasting with an AbuGarcia Ambassador 5000 let alone a proper fly casting rig

so I stumbled on the Tenkara fishing method and it fits my style perfectly…

and more importantly , opened the door to the world of fly fishing

so yeah , the ponds are unfrozen now , we drove by them yesterday , and I am jonesing to wet a few flies

so maybe today or weather permitting , tomorrow Swede and I will try and get out to the pond and see if anything is biting

View attachment 18957516

View attachment 18957514

View attachment 18957515

On warm days there is a Blue Winged Olive hatch on the Arkansas River In Pueblo. Hardly any people... great place to learn how to cast. We can meet up any time.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yep. I am plugged into watching the slapstick comedy stylings of our houseplant-in-chief. The special counsel investigating his classified documents debacle argued to a congressional committee that no jury would convict him of improperly storing these docs(next to his pet Corvette) because of his diminished cognitive abilities and failing memory. This is the man purportedly making decisions affecting the entire world if not humanity itself…
As a corporate stooge - he's getting to the point where they must all realize - the game is up - Harpo Marx would be better at the job than Biden - if he was still around - Honk! Honk!

oldfogey8

As a corporate stooge - he's getting to the point where they must all realize - the game is up - Harpo Marx would be better at the job than Biden - if he was still around - Honk! Honk!
I think even with Harpo being deceased, he would be getting the same things done as our pResident. As Putin pointed out to Tucker Carlson, presidents don’t make decisions anymore. They are told what to do by unelected officials both inside and outside of the administration including industry titans. As the saying goes, ‘War is good for the economy’(until they aren’t as we are seeing today)..

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
On warm days there is a Blue Winged Olive hatch on the Arkansas River In Pueblo. Hardly any people... great place to learn how to cast. We can meet up any time.

dude , that is perfect!

how about we follow the Arkansas up the mountain until we get to Cotopaxi ?

I met Joe from CederBerryFarms up there once and would love to make a day trip up there….

i will bring copious amounts of fungi

IMG_8185.jpeg

IMG_8186.jpeg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
dude , that is perfect!

how about we follow the Arkansas up the mountain until we get to Cotopaxi ?

I met Joe from CederBerryFarms up there once and would love to make a day trip up there….

i will bring copious amounts of fungi

View attachment 18957524

View attachment 18957525
The fishing is below the dam.....water is warmer and the fish are active. So, we will be in the town. All you need is waders. I will supply rod, reel and flies.

During the week is better....to much traffic on I-25 on weekends.