What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Sun&Soil

Looks like Cousin It. That is crazy bud. I am growing a cross at this time that has an Indian landrace strain as one of the parents. Smoked some of the bud from the mom and it was really trippy. The strain is stringy looking though. Not as purdy as that bud. Is this going outside?
No, I will try and finish her down in the dungeon. She's more of an experiment then anything. I want to see if I can get her to the end in the small pot with the occasional top dressing of worm castings only.

I won the seeds in a competition on another site. Being completely different then what I typically grow I figured why not, let's see how it goes.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
You make me want to plant a couple tall ones in my next outside grow. No way I could grow it in my tent but would be a nice change up for sure. I’m gonna start looking a strains before spring gets here… I’m glad she quit stretching, you don’t have much room left. May need a yoyo to bend her under the light if she gets any taller
What plant is stretching on you? Wouldn't be the TK/GD would it? Both that and the TK/LB are at the top of the tent.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I hope yall find the gold big…

me too!….and if we do find it , nobody will know that’s for sure….

we also got a lead on this lost gold

stagecoah was robbed not to far from us and the robbers escaped and legend has it , they went south down the Big Sandy creek , buried the gold cause it slowed them down…the Calvary was chasing them..

the gold was never found

we have a good friend who’s family settled out here 100 years ago and he told us a story about his neighbor who found gold on his property but never told anyone where it was

and when he was dying , he tried to tell my friends grandpa where the gold was but the cancer had ate up his throat and he could not talk and never was able to tell anyone where he found the gold

it is a big area to cover , 2 sections of land , so we will use google earth and look for landmarks where someone would bury gold…

here’s the back story to the gold…

Sun&Soil

You make me want to plant a couple tall ones in my next outside grow. No way I could grow it in my tent but would be a nice change up for sure. I’m gonna start looking a strains before spring gets here… I’m glad she quit stretching, you don’t have much room left. May need a yoyo to bend her under the light if she gets any taller
Funny thing is she had less then 4 weeks of veg. I was thinking I'd grow a small plant with a single primary cola and give it to a friend as a gift. Boy was I wrong.

Being an outdoor grower up here in the North, I gave up on sativa dominants long ago and have nearly 0 experience with them. This plant has been fun to watch because it's so different then what I'm accustomed to.

Let me know if you are in search of seeds for the outdoor grow, I can share what I have. After communicating with other outdoor growers from Virginia it seems as though we have very similar conditions minus the length of the season.

jokerman

Premium user
I bought some Lodge cast Iron recently. I was surprised at the weight and quality of the Skillet I bought off of Amazon ! Go lodge!
I bought a 2 handle 19 inch cast iron skillet from Bass Pro ( a lodge one)
Had to trim a little off of the handles with a belt sander so it fit in my green egg.
I love mine ,I move food around the grill to cooler spots.
Use it more in the kitchen than outside

Old Uncle Ben

@Old Uncle Ben My younger son sprouted a grapefruit tree in a drinking glass, from seed from a grapefruit from the grocery store, years ago, and we grew it in a larger container (Classic 2200) in the living room to about 4' tall, but it became heavily infested with root aphids.

I battled the root aphids with everything I had on-hand; tricks from my organic cannabis artillery, on up to (eventually) stuff I'd normally frown on ANYONE using on anything that would eventually render edible fruit.

I surrendered after a time, worried that the buggers would increase their airborne numbers and get into my cannabis in the shop.

I put the pot on the front porch that winter at about -30 f., which I'm pretty sure killed the root aphids, but also killed his grapefruit tree.

I've -never- battled -anything- that tenacious in my pot-growing.
A drench of permethrin or bifenfrin (both very low toxic pesticides) would have taken care of them quickly. Drench, wait 5 minutes, rinse/water. And please, don't go wackadoodle on me and tell me it's harmful to God and country. :eek: If I recommend something it's based on a well thought out fact, not a feeling.

I often have an invasion of mealybugs and mites in the greenhouse. 1 good spray with a 4 gal. backpack sprayer, 4 oz./gal. of Bonide All Seasons Hort. oil with 1 tsp. of bifenthrin offers excellent control. For cannabis I would apply it before flowers bulk up albeit a couple of blasts of water will give you control also. Just messy unless you're outdoors or in a greenhouse.

Last edited:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Funny thing is she had less then 4 weeks of veg. I was thinking I'd grow a small plant with a single primary cola and give it to a friend as a gift. Boy was I wrong.
wrong about gifting it to a friend🤪🤪🤪
Being an outdoor grower up here in the North, I gave up on sativa dominants long ago and have nearly 0 experience with them. This plant has been fun to watch because it's so different than what I'm accustomed to.

Let me know if you are in search of seeds for the outdoor grow, I can share what I have. After communicating with other outdoor growers from Virginia it seems as though we have very similar conditions minus the length of the season.
I see they are good in humid conditions so that’s a biggie for me. I only have a couple of spots with sun in my yard but would love to put something outside as soon as the season starts. We usually don’t get a freeze till January (usually). Will be watching yours. 🥰

jokerman

Premium user

Firefighter​

A firefighter is working on the engine outside the station when he notices a little girl next door in a little red wagon with little ladders hung off the sides and a garden hose tightly coiled in the middle. The girl is wearing a firefighter's helmet. The wagon is being pulled by her dog and her cat. The firefighter walks over to take a closer look. "That sure is a nice fire truck", the firefighter says with admiration. "Thanks", the girl says. The firefighter takes a closer look and notices the girl has tied her wagon to the dog's collar and the cat's testicles. "Little Partner", the firefighter says, "I don't want to tell you how to run your rig, but if you were to tie that rope around the cat's collar, I think you could go faster." The little girl replies thoughtfully, "You're probably right, but then I wouldn't have a siren.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ex wife had an Uncle that had a farm in rural Missouri. You could find tons in there, but many were broken by the plowing.
Or maybe discarded because they were broken...

As a flint knapper I can tell you that the right-hand rule of thumb is that most points that start out as knives or spear points, end up as bird points with "oh shits."

oldfogey8

No, I will try and finish her down in the dungeon. She's more of an experiment then anything. I want to see if I can get her to the end in the small pot with the occasional top dressing of worm castings only.

I won the seeds in a competition on another site. Being completely different then what I typically grow I figured why not, let's see how it goes.
Good plan. Growing long flowering plants in the northeast sucks. I tried to grow some Freakshow plants outside here in Massachusetts but Mother Nature shortened up the growing season on me…

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For what it's worth, I haven't knapped for awhile, because of all the little conchoidal fractured razor sharp divots of chert or obsidian that are left behind when knapping. You can't do that just anywhere without leaving a hazard.

Also worthy of note, is that the little razor sharp divots will go right through a leather glove, so that the pad that I ended up using was made of Moose hide, which they don't readily cut through.

oldfogey8

I bought a 2 handle 19 inch cast iron skillet from Bass Pro ( a lodge one)
Had to trim a little off of the handles with a belt sander so it fit in my green egg.
I love mine ,I move food around the grill to cooler spots.
Use it more in the kitchen than outside
I have a 14” Lodge behemoth. I also have an electric glass-top stove. I am leery of putting it on the glass-top. I’ve read you can do it but that thing is big time heavy. Usually use it on the gas grill, in the oven or in my weight room…😁

Mr_Hash

Being an outdoor grower up here in the North, I gave up on sativa dominants long ago and have nearly 0 experience with them. This plant has been fun to watch because it's so different then what I'm accustomed to.

Oh....those pesky VA growers 🙄😅😆