What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Welcome home DB.
Thanks old man👍 I went to Northville New York in the Adirondacks. My grandma's sister lives up there with her daughter and they are really nice to me. We had hotdogs and chili, bologna sandwiches and yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Mom forgot my glasses, so I legally couldn't drive. She got stuck with driving duty and I manned the radio and phone and at rest stops the McDonald's and coffee and ice hash.
I have been going to my great aunts up in the Adirondacks since I was 13 or so. I'm 44 now. I rode the 4 wheeler in 1st gear to the East Stony Creek and sadly yet proudly announced to the forest that I was back. I spent many lone night on the shore of that creek getting high and thinking about how much I missed different women and city life.

oldfogey8

From what I've heard I think that's how it's gone in every state that went legal for recreational. Every grower who was used to growing more then a handful of plants had visions of becoming big time legal distributors but in the end the licenses only went out to people with big money. Who thanks to their big money could easily set up very large indoor grow ops. Leaving the little people to continue with the black market to try to make money. Of course the black market took a big hit due to the easy access of decent quality, fairly low priced, easy to access legal weed. In the end the average smoker made out though because tthe black market is still strong enough to keep the legal growers/suppliers at a low price. Watch out though if they ever manage to shut the black market down because there won't be anything to stop the legal people from jacking prices back up.
Weed ain’t cheap at dispensaries here. I went to one once for the novelty of it. I bought an eighth and a joint for $80. The guy who sold it to me wanted a tip too and seemed bothered that I only flipped him a 5. He wasn’t very chatty or polite so giving him $5 seemed like I over tipped(I tip very well for good service)…

oldmaninbc

why I sticked to canoes
Canoes are great fun, good for being quiet and observing things on the lake or river.

Use to love canoeing down the Granby River during high water, what a thrill. Except for the time when we were headed for a log jam, one of the small logs caught my life jacket and pulled me right out of the canoe, my friend had to save me, as the water was pulling on me and would have pulled me under the jam. I couldn't let go of my grip to undo my life jacket or I would have been sucked under the log jam. That would not have ended well.

I do remember some years back going fishing with a few beers and joints. The canoe tied up to the dock, and there was us trying to paddle away. The nerve of our friends for laughing at us.

Canoes are fun. Even if they make me out to be a dufus

oldmaninbc

Trying to use my recent vacation as a kickstart to living a better life. More fruit and vegetables. Cleaner bathroom even if mom is only guest. Getting a girlfriend. Sign up for volunteering.
That's the way DB, get yourself a plan and do it.

Volunteering is very good, have done it myself and found it rewarding. What do you enjoy that could be transferred to volunteering.
My longest running volunteer position(6years) was with The Family Literacy Program.
Eating better will have it's rewards.
I hope this all falls into place for you DB, I really do.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is that a sailboat? Thats a big'un
It's a 36ft long X 13' beam cutter rigged fiberglass sailboat with aluminum mast and stainless steel rigging, displacing about 32,000 lbs and a hull speed of about 8 knots.

I bought it and refitted it in preparations of selling our house and retiring on it as we sailed about the world until Grayfox saw the movie "Perfect Storm" and decided that she didn't want to sail out of sight of land.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
You should be careful what you wish for Doober. How was you visit with your aunt?
You strike me more as a Auntie than a Aunt........beat that crackers ass scraight.
😆
Yeah but can you still get the same prices you used to? Sure the serious growers after decades of perfecting their craft grow better quality then all these newer comercial ops that are focused more on quantity and speed to harvest. I know this grower in Cali who used to get for one pound, more then he can get for his entire crop now.
I charge what I want which is $100 a ounce for flower and $20 a gram for full melt or kieff.
I could charge more for both but my conscience bothers me if I do.
I figure the 95% profit margin will do me
Just be nice to be taxed same as any other self employed which is much higher than payroll taxes already.
I get zero write offs for my overhead.

jokerman

Premium user
Weed ain’t cheap at dispensaries here. I went to one once for the novelty of it. I bought an eighth and a joint for $80. The guy who sold it to me wanted a tip too and seemed bothered that I only flipped him a 5. He wasn’t very chatty or polite so giving him $5 seemed like I over tipped(I tip very well for good service)…

You should be careful what you wish for Doober. How was you visit with your aunt?
Forget the Aunt part 😊
I wish I lived next door 😊
Im good neighbor material😊

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why I sticked to canoes
Rafts or kayaks are safer in rough water.
Canoes are great fun, good for being quiet and observing things on the lake or river.

Use to love canoeing down the Granby River during high water, what a thrill. Except for the time when we were headed for a log jam, one of the small logs caught my life jacket and pulled me right out of the canoe, my friend had to save me, as the water was pulling on me and would have pulled me under the jam. I couldn't let go of my grip to undo my life jacket or I would have been sucked under the log jam. That would not have ended well.

I do remember some years back going fishing with a few beers and joints. The canoe tied up to the dock, and there was us trying to paddle away. The nerve of our friends for laughing at us.

Canoes are fun. Even if they make me out to be a dufus
I fell in love with wild river boating and tried canoes, kayaks, and Hypalon rafts. I like rafts better because you can take on rougher water and still carry enough shit to camp in luxury.
Laury and JD Ellis on DeChutes river.jpg
JD and Laury at Boxcar 1.jpg