What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

This is the biggest hummingbird I have ever seen…

Attachments

• IMG_4132.jpeg
    IMG_4132.jpeg
    957.2 KB · Views: 13

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
The state govt here in MA did the same nonsense. It is better that it is legal for me to grow since I don’t do it to make money but all the little boutique growers got shafted. At the time legislation was passed, I looked into starting up a business. The red tape, regulations and cash requirements(something like a minimum of a half million $’s) priced out anyone looking to do it as a small business.😡
From what I've heard I think that's how it's gone in every state that went legal for recreational. Every grower who was used to growing more then a handful of plants had visions of becoming big time legal distributors but in the end the licenses only went out to people with big money. Who thanks to their big money could easily set up very large indoor grow ops. Leaving the little people to continue with the black market to try to make money. Of course the black market took a big hit due to the easy access of decent quality, fairly low priced, easy to access legal weed. In the end the average smoker made out though because tthe black market is still strong enough to keep the legal growers/suppliers at a low price. Watch out though if they ever manage to shut the black market down because there won't be anything to stop the legal people from jacking prices back up.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
From what I've heard I think that's how it's gone in every state that went legal for recreational. Every grower who was used to growing more then a handful of plants had visions of becoming big time legal distributors but in the end the licenses only went out to people with big money. Who thanks to their big money could easily set up very large indoor grow ops. Leaving the little people to continue with the black market to try to make money. Of course the black market took a big hit due to the easy access of decent quality, fairly low priced, easy to access legal weed. In the end the average smoker made out though because tthe black market is still strong enough to keep the legal growers/suppliers at a low price. Watch out though if they ever manage to shut the black market down because there won't be anything to stop the legal people from jacking prices back up.
Except those guys grow shitty weed for which they charge really high prices compared to people like myself who grow high quality weed and charge a more realistic price.
We are awash in commercial dispensary weed here and I can't keep up with demand for my product.........only government can flounder something so simple.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
there's no money to be made as an outlaw weed grower...pounds are a grand around here for west coast weed...we never see much to brag about...that's why I still grow my own...
I still have a guy. He brings weed from the west coast too Colorado . It’s usually pretty good and compares to my own. It’s no 1000 lb tho. But he knows not to bring us crap weed I think we pay around 600. 1/4 lb which is way better weed than the crap we got down in Georgia. we trade weed too.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took this picture of Ivan the other day and I’m still not used to thinking that he is a big dog. Everybody tells me how huge and scary he looks, but to me, he’s just my little boy.
Handsome fellow and our scary dog!

Demonicasshole.png

Good tinking GW
Happy Birthday !
Time is flying fast ,seems like a year ago it was your birthday too!.
All my best and a little more☝️❤️😊
Thank you brother! Seems like way less than a year to me.....................

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Except those guys grow shitty weed for which they charge really high prices compared to people like myself who grow high quality weed and charge a more realistic price.
We are awash in commercial dispensary weed here and I can't keep up with demand for my product.........only government can flounder something so simple.
Yeah but can you still get the same prices you used to? Sure the serious growers after decades of perfecting their craft grow better quality then all these newer comercial ops that are focused more on quantity and speed to harvest. I know this grower in Cali who used to get for one pound, more then he can get for his entire crop now.