What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

Another visit from my resident juvenile bear this morning… View attachment 19058503
He was disappointed as the suet cages weren’t out yet.
Hi oldfogey, we have have a young bear running around our small community. As long as no one phones the conservation people the young bear should be safe. I hope it heads back into the mountains soon, for it's own good.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
You still 'out there'?

yeppers

IMG_2382.jpeg

oldfogey8

Hi oldfogey, we have have a young bear running around our small community. As long as no one phones the conservation people the young bear should be safe. I hope it heads back into the mountains soon, for it's own good.
We have this one and a mother with her 2 cubs making appearances over the last few weeks. I know black bears are dangerous but I can’t help myself from going out and shooing them away. 😂 I won’t be ratting them out(though the mother bear must be known to the local conservation folks since she is collared). They will go into hibernation before too long and frankly, it is kinda cool to see them.

BudToaster

Veteran
thinking about it further, i think the safe stopping from 70 mph was GREATLY assisted by the automatic breaking function of the 2023 Mazda 3. there is a lot of fly-by-wire going on in this car. if it detects the edge of the road it will: (1) hands on the wheel: rumble the steering wheel like riding on a rumble strip, or, (2) hands off the wheel: steer back into the driving lane.

it also brakes when on cruise control if the car in front takes an exit - often to excess, it seems to me.

however, damn good car. highly recommended.

i wonder if there is a flight data recorder that could be downloaded to see what the car thinks happened.

yet another project for the list.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
thinking about it further, i think the safe stopping from 70 mph was GREATLY assisted by the automatic breaking function of the 2023 Mazda 3. there is a lot of fly-by-wire going on in this car. if it detects the edge of the road it will: (1) hands on the wheel: rumble the steering wheel like riding on a rumble strip, or, (2) hands off the wheel: steer back into the driving lane.

it also brakes when on cruise control if the car in front takes an exit - often to excess, it seems to me.

however, damn good car. highly recommended.

i wonder if there is a flight data recorder that could be downloaded to see what the car thinks happened.

yet another project for the list.
I own an antique….still have to drive It. Just the way I want it…..

Latest posts

Latest posts