What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
As I reread I also have a gun I can point at and take a temp.
I used it to ck temp on plants soil and other things.
I take temp on a grill because sometimes the grill is not hot enough to sear a chicken thigh and takes the skin off which is not advised at my house and leads to punishment
Makes you wonder how mankind didn't either starve to death or die off from food poisoning before they invented meat thermometers?

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
Weird it’s 100 at your house and in the mid 70s here today. I needed sleeves for my bike ride this morning
Alas, according to the long range forecasts our region will be back up in the upper 80's to low 90's by the end of the week and stay there for the following week. The good news though is for at least the next two weeks the night time temps will be in the 50's to 60's. I can handle it getting hot during the day if it gets in the 60's or lower at night. The heat that sucks the most is when night time temps stay in the upper 70's to low 80's.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
The man was half owner in a decent size building supply business. He was not poor by any means. Maybe not super rich but very well off. My neighbor worked for him and his partner I got the idea the business owner was kind of a stubborn person and if he took the mind to do something, well, that's what was going to happen. I kind of got that idea with the 8 days we spent together in the same hospital room.
Yeah there are plenty of those types too, I usually class them as being too cheap but I can see where some could be too stubburn to accept that they can't do all the things they used to do. I'm more of the too poor with no nearby relatives to recruit for help type. So I'll still climb a ladder to clean gutters and do other things needing done on the roof. I'm just extra careful now and it takes me a good bit longer then it used to. If I could afford it though I'd gladly hire someone to do that kind of work for me.

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

IMHO having started in rooms you can walk in then to a tent is this
Unless you can fit a descent size tent in your space to get in ,fuk deep tents
I have 3x3 ,2x4 and a 20" x 36 i use and not crawling into any tent cause Lord knows I would need to hydraulic boom to pull my ass out of said tent
Wow, that makes a lot of sense about tent size, I particularly like the hydraulic boom part.

hello

Unca Walt

420club
While we are still on the subject of Precious Metals, there is an interesting development in solid-state batteries that could have an enormous effect on the price of silver.

Lookit:

"Silver's exceptional electrical conductivity and stability are leveraged to enhance battery performance and durability, achieving amazing benchmarks like a 600-mile range and a 20-year lifespan and 9-minute charge.” (This is a whole new EV ballgame.)

"...a typical EV battery pack containing around 200 cells for a 100 kWh capacity could require about 1 kg of silver per vehicle.

"Add in the fact that silver is already in a deficit with industrial demand from the solar industry pushing total yearly consumption ahead of supply..."

Unca Walt Sez: It is easypeasy to get junk silver (eg: silver dimes, quarters) just look up your nearest Local Coin Dealer (LCD) and walk in. LCD's never scam or rip you off because their very business depends on all their customers trusting them. Just tell them you want to get some junk silver.

Oh... and buy in increments of $9999 or less at a time. The transaction is then just betwixt you and the LCD -- no gummint tax reporting required.

Littleleaf

Veteran
Long day….over now. I need to go out and check out the veggie garden….farg…..
While you're at it, mind checking if you see any squash bug seed on the leaves....Want to get ahead of them.
fall squash.jpg

Also just next to it is a beast of a sweet potato plant. Are the tubers ready????

sweet potato monster.jpg

Unca Walt

420club
That 9-minute charge time with the silver technology is critical, IMEO (E=Exalted)

Current time to charge a Tesla to go 400 miles is 10-12 hours.

We've all seen the cold weather making it so the "refuel time" is noted in double-digit hours with the current batteries.

Sauce: https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/advice/ev-charging-time

One Mo' Note: “If estimates of the true short position bullion banks currently carry in the silver market that price ($200/oz silver) could be seen much sooner.”

Last edited:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Alas, according to the long range forecasts our region will be back up in the upper 80's to low 90's by the end of the week and stay there for the following week. The good news though is for at least the next two weeks the night time temps will be in the 50's to 60's. I can handle it getting hot during the day if it gets in the 60's or lower at night. The heat that sucks the most is when night time temps stay in the upper 70's to low 80's.
Yes, those cool nights are good. Windows open till morning

Goldhedge

That 9-minute charge time with the silver technology is critical, IMEO (E=Exalted)

Current time to charge a Tesla to go 400 miles is 10-12 hours.

We've all seen the cold weather making it so the "refuel time" is noted in double-digit hours with the current batteries.

Sauce: https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/advice/ev-charging-time

One Mo' Note: “If estimates of the true short position bullion banks currently carry in the silver market that price ($200/oz silver) could be seen much sooner.”
what is the ticker for the company making 8 min charging batteries?

Unca Walt

420club
what is the ticker for the company making 8 min charging batteries?
@Goldhedge
Haven't the foggiest, bro. But here are some sources I was using beside the one I posted:

Here's the KITCO link. They might have what you want: