What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

kevinn

I feed purina due to the long term results I have seen for decades now.
Our dogs live long lives excluding work related death and cancers have never been a issue.
That could be breed related as well as lifestyle our dogs don't get fat even with full time access to chow.
Which Purina do you feed. I have been feeding mine Blue Buffalo and it is breaking me.

oldmaninbc

morning OldMan had a tomato sandwich for breakfast. Thank you for asking.

Fire is staying away from me. The wind is blowing the other way. Last last update was it was only 100 acres, but it was a very rough terrain.
That's the problem with wildfires in my area, the mountain terrain can be steep rather than rolling making it difficult to control wildfires. We had to be evacuated 3 years ago for about 2 weeks, the fire was burning was burning across the road from us. That was not the first time, fire burnt so close but 3 years ago the fires were burning out of control for miles in various locations, it was scary knowing at any time the fire could have crossed the road and that would have been it.
Our community of 350 people has a heavy tree covering and the fire dept in the village down the road has trained the fire fighters in fighting house fires in a heavy tree covered area. They have said should our community get the right fire going the whole place could burn in 10 minutes.

The smoke has been so thick here you could not even see the mountain on the opposite side of the road.
Hopefully they get the fire controlled in your area soon.

Toasted tomato sandwich with just right amount of salt and pepper, that's my lunch today.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Day two at home. Now I know just how broken I really am. Screwed up pain sensation reaches down both legs and up under my arms on both sides. The right leg functions but has limited pain sensitivity.

The left leg is a whole new ball game. Remember I've been in bed for over a month so it's going to be a while to really recover assuming the full functionality returns. I'm trying to not use the ankle brace because the ankle is weak but after about noon I'm stuck putting it back on because it just won't hold. By 4:00 yesterday I could barely walk at all.

Using a cane is really sketchy. I can do about four steps before I need to reach out and grab something. The big four-wheeled stroller walker is my new best friend.

I got to check out the plants in the yard yesterday but I'm completely unable to deal with anything to do with them. They're on the puny side because nobody was there to fertilize them in their best growing month. The biggest are about 5 ft tall on the Western exposure side. That hot late afternoon sun really makes a difference.

The VA called this morning to make my first outpatient physical therapy appointment which the earliest they can see me is September 10th. I think I'll be walking unassisted by then. I won't need the f****** therapy. I thought the two weeks they stalled me getting into inpatient therapy was bad. Holy s***. It looks like we'll be investigating private physical therapy or just signing me up for a month at LA fitness. I really think the use of a shallow end of a pool where I could get the gravity off of the leg would be best. More like the isometrics I do in bed.

ost

Well - I have been a good husband - since we married - there were times before that when I was a bit of a wild man she remembers 😜 - and laughs about when brought up -
- Yes - I have certainly mellowed with age - and am enjoying being a steady husband and Father these days - makes my world kinda predictable - but at my age - I prefer it that way -
that a lot of us old farts these days

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Day two at home. Now I know just how broken I really am. Screwed up pain sensation reaches down both legs and up under my arms on both sides. The right leg functions but has limited pain sensitivity.

The left leg is a whole new ball game. Remember I've been in bed for over a month so it's going to be a while to really recover assuming the full functionality returns. I'm trying to not use the ankle brace because the ankle is weak but after about noon I'm stuck putting it back on because it just won't hold. By 4:00 yesterday I could barely walk at all.

Using a cane is really sketchy. I can do about four steps before I need to reach out and grab something. The big four-wheeled stroller walker is my new best friend.

I got to check out the plants in the yard yesterday but I'm completely unable to deal with anything to do with them. They're on the puny side because nobody was there to fertilize them in their best growing month. The biggest are about 5 ft tall on the Western exposure side. That hot late afternoon sun really makes a difference.

The VA called this morning to make my first outpatient physical therapy appointment which the earliest they can see me is September 10th. I think I'll be walking unassisted by then. I won't need the f****** therapy. I thought the two weeks they stalled me getting into inpatient therapy was bad. Holy s***. It looks like we'll be investigating private physical therapy or just signing me up for a month at LA fitness. I really think the use of a shallow end of a pool where I could get the gravity off of the leg would be best. More like the isometrics I do in bed.
Be careful BrassNwood you don't want to have an accident and put yourself back where you just came from. Damn, you are going through one hell of an ordeal. Get well but don't over do things.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user

That sucks.....waiting that long. After all vets take a back seat to all the illegals coming in. I am ashamed of what is going on.

Don't get sick.....the country needs the room.

oldmaninbc

You're welcome Old Man!

As you probably know, they scarify poppy heads and collect the sap that oozes out for opium. The plant has to be alive to ooze sap.

I've never tried it, but one of my former business partners relayed that they made tea out of the dried heads, which may be what the biker had in mind.
Hello and good day to you GW, hope all is well with your day:)

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Here is the latest up date....man made....wonder if it was intentional......

July 31, 2024
bwilliams

Jefferson County Sheriff's Office says neighborhoods are in danger

Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Mark Techmeyer said in a press conference that “every neighborhood in this vicinity is at risk.” No structures have been damaged, however, JCSO said if the fire reaches homes, firefighters will shift from suppression efforts to defending those homes.
Techmeyer said the conditions are “treacherous” due to steep terrain, fire debris and loose rocks. He said resources are slim as several fires are underway along the Front Range and hundreds of Colorado’s professional firefighters have been deployed to fires in other states.
He added that multiple air resources are improving the outlook, and said “it will make all the difference in the world.”
A deputy came across the fire when it was about 10 feet by 10 feet, “and within an hour of that it was at 50 acres,” Techmeyer said. “The investigation hasn’t even begun yet but I think anytime you see a small fire in the middle of an area like that at 9 o’clock at night, it makes you scratch your head a little bit.”

ost

i just spent three weeks on my back the first 9 they had me under heavy sedation ,iv 'e been useing the stairs on the front of the house tryin to get my legs back in shape.

oldmaninbc

Just noticed my camera was still up after my Zoom call, better bury it in the machine. I don't know how many times I have seen a message saying my camera is being used, when I am not using it. I don't know what that's all about.

Ok, here is something else, I have a pet name for my wife, I call her Buttercup, anyone else willing to share on that subject, do you have a pet name for your spouse? A woman who I went to college with told me her hubby called her peaches.

oldmaninbc

Here is the latest up date....man made....wonder if it was intentional......

July 31, 2024
bwilliams

Jefferson County Sheriff's Office says neighborhoods are in danger

Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Mark Techmeyer said in a press conference that “every neighborhood in this vicinity is at risk.” No structures have been damaged, however, JCSO said if the fire reaches homes, firefighters will shift from suppression efforts to defending those homes.
Techmeyer said the conditions are “treacherous” due to steep terrain, fire debris and loose rocks. He said resources are slim as several fires are underway along the Front Range and hundreds of Colorado’s professional firefighters have been deployed to fires in other states.
He added that multiple air resources are improving the outlook, and said “it will make all the difference in the world.”
A deputy came across the fire when it was about 10 feet by 10 feet, “and within an hour of that it was at 50 acres,” Techmeyer said. “The investigation hasn’t even begun yet but I think anytime you see a small fire in the middle of an area like that at 9 o’clock at night, it makes you scratch your head a little bit.”
I was just reading on the BC Wildfire site there is 349 fires burning and 6 started in the last 24hrs.
I have no idea how all these fires can be controlled, the resources that are needed is considerable.
I guess North America is going to keep on burning.

BrassNwood

Veteran
My first post in this thread; I have to deny denial and admit I'm old..and youngun's us old peeps grow some of the best pot in the world.

Fun thread, peace
farmerlion 🙏
Welcome in.
i just spent three weeks on my back the first 9 they had me under heavy sedation ,iv 'e been useing the stairs on the front of the house tryin to get my legs back in shape.
Stairs present their own interesting problem. I'm still learning lead with the good going up and lead with the bad leg going down. God forbid I f*** it up and lead with the bad leg going the wrong direction. It just collapses under me and I all but hit the floor so I really have to get it straight in my head before I start up or down the stairs. The place I'm using has six steps to get into the house. Face the railing and sidestep up the stairs.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello and good day to you GW, hope all is well with your day:)
Good afternoon Old Man! Hoping you have a splendid day!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Just noticed my camera was still up after my Zoom call, better bury it in the machine. I don't know how many times I have seen a message saying my camera is being used, when I am not using it. I don't know what that's all about.

Ok, here is something else, I have a pet name for my wife, I call her Buttercup, anyone else willing to share on that subject, do you have a pet name for your spouse? A woman who I went to college with told me her hubby called her peaches.
I have a pet name for her but it isn't nice.....best leave that one alone.

giphy.gif

oldmaninbc

(*snicker-snork-snock*) Jes' you wait another dozen years, chile. I hadda bold the above to remember something I was gonna tellya. But I fergot.

As long as I am here, I remember one time at Bash-Bish Falls in upstate New Yawk as a little kid in the 1940's walking along a path and finding lotsa brilliant baby-blue, glassy-smooth rocks. I was told it was slag.

A bit of weirdness: We hiked to the Falls that day (I climbed it), and I was told we had somehow crossed into Massachusetts. But it was just a path with pretty stones here and there.
Should I live to be as old as you Unca Walt, my memories will age with me, I hope, at least the important ones.

Slag, I lived in a couple of towns where you could find massive piles of slag due to the smelters that existed there in the past. The one town eventually found away to turn the slag into cash, they couldn't give it away at one time. It was eventually turned into insulation, the gravel material on shingles and sandblasting.
Another town that I lived in was looking to sell theirs to slag glass manufacturers.

I should add that the one town acquired several public buildings because of the wealth from the slag.
A new library, art gallery, aquatic center and an arena plus other things. These were public buildings that other similar sized communities could never afford on their tax base.

Last edited: