What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

OleReynard

The door is all done. My colors clash a bit but I’m gonna put a eucalyptus wreath with some of that yellow green in it from the shutters to see if I can blend it in better before any color changes. The door guy said he could wrap that bottom green part but it would prolly get bent when folks step on it so he recommended painting it which I have paint that color of the storm door left over from my porch and agreed that paint would be better than creases in the thin metal covering. so I still gotta paint that dark green bottom part.
View attachment 19037905
Looks very nice
Not wise to clad thresholds, then it's there forever

Littleleaf

Veteran
Hey @Littleleaf -- Don't go to sleep near that thing...

View attachment 19037969
That is one wooly booger of a purple sweet potato plant ain't it... 12 slips planted in a 2' x4'x4' industrial fan shroud. I got tired of digging the potatoes up by hand. A plus also it lets them get bigger. I pulled one 2 years ago that weighed 11 pounds.

At the end of the season I'll take the tractor and flip said shroud over. Then just pull the spuds out. Level the mound and done. There is another one just south of that one with regular sweets in it.

The runners on the ground will put down smaller tubers too. I dig them up first.

pic of other box from this spring.
sweet spuds.jpg