What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hey DB, I'm glad your excited about your birthday, one day it might not mean so much. For now, you have plans, doing things you enjoy, I am happy for you.

My wife has COPD and she also inherited a mods position at a COPD website. COPD is not fixable.
The last time my wife was in the hospital with pneumonia and at deaths door, her doctor said to me, we can give her drugs for the pneumonia but there is nothing we can do for the COPD. My wife survived her illness this time but with unrepairable damage. The doctor warned me she would probably not be so fortunate again.

One of my best friends of 50 years died from COPD
I didn't realize COPD was so serious. I'm glad your wife is okay. COPD causes pneumonia? Or? I don't understand what COPD is I have to look. Going to take a nap I think. Don't feel like cooking the sausages. Ugh.

oldmaninbc

Walk is in the books. Smoky as all get out. Probably shouldn't be out in this terrible air but It doesn't bother me.

Lights on in 10 minutes. Getting closer and closer to trim time. Haven't had to do that for awhile.....hope I remember how....

As far as the discussion on edibles and concentrates go.....I simply like a good smoke better. The high is different in edibles.....does last longer but not as pleasing to me. I smoke flowers and look forward to it.
Pute your absolutely right about the high being different, it took me some time to become use to edibles but now it seems like I've always done it, but I have always enjoyed edibles to some degree even before they were popular. When your only choice(medical) is edibles or no THC period, it's not hard to make the transition.
What I miss most about smoking is the flavor of a good tasting smoke. That I do miss.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Pute your absolutely right about the high being different, it took me some time to become use to edibles but now it seems like I've always done it, but I have always enjoyed edibles to some degree even before they were popular. When your only choice(medical) is edibles or no THC period, it's not hard to make the transition.
What I miss most about smoking is the flavor of a good tasting smoke. That I do miss.
Smoking relaxes me. Back in the day it was a social thing....today I smoke mostly by myself but something about it calms me down and I crave that.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Hey DB, I'm glad your excited about your birthday, one day it might not mean so much. For now, you have plans, doing things you enjoy, I am happy for you.

My wife has COPD and she also inherited a mods position at a COPD website. COPD is not fixable.
The last time my wife was in the hospital with pneumonia and at deaths door, her doctor said to me, we can give her drugs for the pneumonia but there is nothing we can do for the COPD. My wife survived her illness this time but with unrepairable damage. The doctor warned me she would probably not be so fortunate again.

One of my best friends of 50 years died from COPD

I lost my dad , coal miner , and two of my brothers to copd

five years ago when the last one died…he lived with me the last 5 years of his life and me watching him try to get around with only 15% use of ONE lung , it shook me up…

he had enough one day and went out on his own terms….he was like a dad to me

RIP Tony

IMG_4393.jpeg

IMG_4404.jpeg

oldmaninbc

I lost my dad , coal miner , and two of my brothers to copd

five years ago when the last one died…he lived with me the last 5 years of his life and me watching him try to get around with only 15% use of ONE lung , it shook me up…

he had enough one day and went out on his own terms….he was like a dad to me

RIP Tony

View attachment 19037609

View attachment 19037608
It's sad to watch a loved one deteriorate, maybe heartbreaking is a better word. One time I heard a person say of a family member, "I wish they would just die." I was so taken back by their words, in some way I thought they were being selfish and without sympathy.
When I experienced death in my own family/friends; I thought back to what I thought was a callous remark and realized there was some truth to their feelings.

It takes courage to say you have had enough.
Sorry big for that part of your life.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have friends that get that way when they drink alcohol with smoking. I’ve never had a problem drinking and smoking but I know for a fact some do and have helped my friends during this bad time.
The first time it nailed me was when someone passed a joint after a wine tasting tour. I was already on the edge from drinking wine and the joint pushed me over. I was so sick that I wouldn't let my designated driver move the car until I got better.
It really is an extreme head high, if done in moderation, at least until you get the feel for the intensity.
I thought I might pass out and coughed so hard, I nearly puked. Was super intense.
No one advised me of the dangers... those effers!
Now... all first time dabbers in my presence, I give info up front
and even suggest that they be seated when dabbing for the first time.
Sips not gulps ;)
Taking deep tokes when dabbing can definitely cause serious coughing.

Latest posts

Latest posts