What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
What a lovely setting, I would find myself very relaxed in such a environment.

Your looking very robust Gypsy and content. Hip hip hooray for your recovery and have a jolly good day:)
2024-07-2419.59.137098172946157083307.jpg

Thank you oldman - yes I was up early and spritely this morning - in a lovely setting ta-boot - then at 10pm - had to be at the hospital - so marched a mile and a half to get there - then had to have an ECG - a blood pressure test - a consultation with a very strict English nurse (Owwww Matron!) - before giving blood - and trying to pee into a little urine sample bottle - in the hospital loo - all pre - assesment to my prostate ablation surgery on the 27th August - when I'm getting steam injections into my prostate -
2024-07-2420.02.112045094603834910987.jpg

There are some more pages in the info pack they gave me - must get down to reading them - and hope that you can find plenty of joy in this day -

jokerman

Premium user
Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
None a mind, sit in the parking lot for hours while you are at a concert.
Oh Gillette actually has stuff for Mom to do while I'm at the concert...there's something called Patriot Place. I think she's going to get a manicure and go grocery shopping

oldmaninbc

Guess who's got a ticket to Gillette to see Metallica next Friday????? Mom insisted on driving me. She's renting a more reliable car for the long drive. I promised my mom I'd never put her in a nursing home.
Hi DB, sounds like your getting all ready for your weekend, your mom sounds like a loving mother, what a lucky fellow you are DB. Nursing homes can be frightening for some, like me, last place I'd want to be. To be a care giver to a parent is a big responsibility. The countdown is at hand to⏲️⌛🕰️⌚⏰Bday

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I looked presentable, not flashy, nor business like, just unfashionable me. No broccoli in my teeth, clean nose and I don't think she seen in my ears, although they should be clean.

How is the door hanging coming along Sub?
Good day to you old man. Glad you looked good for the zoom call 😊 they cancelled the door installation this past Monday for rain. They are suppose to come again tomorrow but there is rain in the forecast so I’m not getting too excited until they show up. I’ll post a picture of our new door once it’s installed 😊

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hi DB, sounds like your getting all ready for your weekend, your mom sounds like a loving mother, what a lucky fellow you are DB. Nursing homes can be frightening for some, like me, last place I'd want to be. To be a care giver to a parent is a big responsibility. The countdown is at hand to⏲️⌛🕰️⌚⏰Bday
Hey old man! Hope you are well. Did my 6 miles of walks. Have sausages to put in the air fryer. Would ideally like to have ziti, which I do have. No promises. Old man she's doing really good. She's 70 now. Works and walks dogs. Likes shopping. We talk a lot. We spend time together every day. She has type 2 diabetes but takes Ozempic to lower her A1C. That's about it. She still smokes cigarettes. Oh she has COPD but doesn't have symptoms. She's had that a few years. Do you die from that? We are picking up my Metallica-themed cake Saturday. $40. Metallica is next Friday. Can't wait. Fooooooood!!!!!! Fried everything nom nom nom. No. I can't even eat french fries, doctor's orders. Burgers and pizza are out too. Didn't mention clam chowder or Alfredo though.

oldmaninbc

Gw you should hear what I say when the scammer amazonites call.
I have to hang up on my self sometimes
They should spay and neuter scammers
I fuken hate them
I had a unknown phone call yesterday from a lady and was leery of her intentions, so I just asked are you going to try and sell me something. No, she says to me. Ok then how can I help you, I asked, she then proceeds to go into a sales pitch.
I told her if you have to lie to me then I want nothing to do with you and hung up.

My wife reported to the RCMP about a sketchy phone call trying to hustle personal banking information.
The officer called back and said, he contacted the number and they told him they were in a foreign country and could give a rats ass about him and hung up.

oldmaninbc

Hey old man! Hope you are well. Did my 6 miles of walks. Have sausages to put in the air fryer. Would ideally like to have ziti, which I do have. No promises. Old man she's doing really good. She's 70 now. Works and walks dogs. Likes shopping. We talk a lot. We spend time together every day. She has type 2 diabetes but takes Ozempic to lower her A1C. That's about it. She still smokes cigarettes. Oh she has COPD but doesn't have symptoms. She's had that a few years. Do you die from that? We are picking up my Metallica-themed cake Saturday. $40. Metallica is next Friday. Can't wait. Fooooooood!!!!!! Fried everything nom nom nom. No. I can't even eat french fries, doctor's orders. Burgers and pizza are out too. Didn't mention clam chowder or Alfredo though.
Hey DB, I'm glad your excited about your birthday, one day it might not mean so much. For now, you have plans, doing things you enjoy, I am happy for you.

My wife has COPD and she also inherited a mods position at a COPD website. COPD is not fixable.
The last time my wife was in the hospital with pneumonia and at deaths door, her doctor said to me, we can give her drugs for the pneumonia but there is nothing we can do for the COPD. My wife survived her illness this time but with unrepairable damage. The doctor warned me she would probably not be so fortunate again.

One of my best friends of 50 years died from COPD

Latest posts

Latest posts