What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Oh God... that makes me so sad. The passing of my cat, Fuzzy, was surprisingly powerful in impact.

I cannot have another pet. I fill the need to play with Nature's critters by having two wild/tame peacocks, squirrels, two crows, and a gazillion little birds like bluejays that will take a peanut from my hand.

It is not the same. But the price is too high for this ole sojer with the soft heart.
I hear you there Unca Walt, after my last of the 6 Furbabies my wife and I started with, passed away. I decided to never have another pet because it's just to painful to deal with anymore. The last one was a lovely Calico cat we named Miss Patches, she was a good family member, a good friend and companion and she hung in there until she was 22. That was 2 years ago when I was 62 and I thought about getting another cat to replace her but then I thought about how I really couldn't afford all the costs for food, toys, litter, health care etc. and had to recognize I couldn't really afford it anymore. What really got me though was thinking if a new cat managed to live as long as Miss Patches that would have me at 84. Now I know 84 is an age many people achieve but given my health my family's health history and being realistic about it all. I concluded there is a fair chance I won't make it that long. The only thing I can think of as being worse then taking on a pet you can't afford to care for properly would be to take on a pet that might out live you. The reason being that most people don't want to take on older cats and dogs. They want kittens and puppies that they can raise from scratch. So older pets often get put in a rescue place or in the local humane society and they more often then not get passed over until the place they're staying at beomes so overcrowded that they end up being euthanize and I don't want to ever put myself in a position of possibly doing that to a beloved pet.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
I sure don't blame you for wanting to have the least amount of treatments with regards to your heart. Hope you get the stent to minimize procedures. Have they ever told you what percentage your heart is working at?

I've had my heart checked and they did it without the treadmill, because of the asbestosis I have I do not have the breath to do the treadmill. I had the radioactive material and the scanning machine to get the results.
They found a thumb size growth on the lining of my heart but said it didn't seem to be causing any issues. I had a doctor tell me once I had an athletes heart.

See you on ICMAG soon HempKat
No they haven't told me yet but I imagine that will come up at some point in the near future. Before this latest problem my heart was said to be working at 90-93% based on the fact that after the heart attack that led to me getting a double bypass and joining the zipper club (reference to the scar left in the middle of your chest when they open your rib cage) years ago, they determine about 7 - 10% of my heart was damaged. I'm not severely limited by my current condition (at least not as badly as when I had my heart attack). So I suspect the decrease if any will be minimal especially if it gets corrected before I have a second heart attack. See it's the heart attacks mostly that reduce the percentage of your heart that is working because a certain amount will die off when you have one and that area remains dead afterwards, it doesn't reheal itself. They not compared my heart to any other type of person but they have told me that my heart is strong despite the problems I've had.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I hear you there Unca Walt, after my last of the 6 Furbabues my wife and I started with passed away. I decide to never have another pet because it's just to painful to deal with anymore. The last one was a lovely Calico cat we named Miss Patches, she was a good family member, a good friend and companion and she hung in there until she was 22. That was 2 years ago when I was 62 and I thought about getting another cat to replace her but then I thought about how I really couldn't afford all the cost for food, toys, litter, health care etc. and has to recognize I couldn't really afford it anymore. What really got me though was thinking if a new cat managed to live as long as Miss Patches that would have me at 84. Now I know 84 is any age many people achieve but given my health my family's health history and being realistic about it all. I concluded there is a fair chance I won't make it that long. The only thing can think of as being worse then taking on a pet you can't afford to care for properly would be to take on a pet that might out live you. The reason being that most people don't want to take on older cats and dogs. They want kittens and puppies that they can raise from scratch. So older pets often get put in a rescue place or in the local humane society and they more often then not get passed over until the place they're staying at beomes so over crowded that they end up being euthanize and I don't want to ever put myself in a position of possibly doing that to a beloved pet.
my Dutch is getting loved to death...literally...I spend every evening on the floor talking to Dutch as I stroke his beautiful hair...he knows he is loved as he loved me...

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
camp10.jpg

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
Thanks. I read your post about that a while ago. Good info. I use coconut oil because it seems to keep forever. I still have a block of it from 5+ years ago in the freezer and it still has its kick. I should try the ghee thing though. My mother likes the effect but can’t deal with the flavor which I assume is from the chlorophyll.
If you mean that flavor that makes you feel like you're chewing a mouthful of freshly mowed grass, then yes that is the chlorophyll. What I find is a good way to minimize that flavor (but uses a lot more bud, leaves, etc. Is to make your cannabutter using the results of drysifted resin and/or resin recovered doing an iso wash. You have to be more careful with the dosing though because using that as the secret ingredient will yield much more potent cannabutter. Also it will still have that slight distinctive flavor of cannabis but it's far more palletable.

Last edited: