What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

IMG_3695.jpeg
IMG_3692.jpeg
IMG_3690.jpeg
IMG_3657.jpeg
IMG_3655.jpeg
IMG_3676.jpeg
Been out of touch. Life is busy.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Hello Pute, can't say I have ever had a close encounter of the moose kind.
Have seen them out in the wild but not close up.
A moose could take you out pretty quick, I wouldn't want to mess with one.

Your time out on the water looked like the weather agreed:)

Before I sold my cabin 3 years ago I saw moose all the time. They have become quite common in the Rockies now days.

This is especially dangerous.....a cow with her calf. Don't even get near. I was standing in the middle of the Colorado River fishing when they crossed right above me.

20180712_135626.jpg

Goldhedge

I know a number of productive people who lived between 85-100 years and never exercised a day in their lives and I wouldn't even say some them ate healthy. I guess genetics has some bearing on the outcome.

Myself, I exercised from my teen years forward; until around my later 50s, and then the years of physical labour and disease took a heavy toll. I have lost 3" from my height due to severe bone degeneration, lost 35 lbs that I have not been able to get back. I do some regenerative yoga for my physical well being but in my world today my mental well being is more important than the physical. But that's just me.

If I had known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself!”​

― Mickey Mantle

oldmaninbc

Before I sold my cabin 3 years ago I saw moose all the time. They have become quite common in the Rockies now days.

This is especially dangerous.....a cow with her calf. Don't even get near. I was standing in the middle of the Colorado River fishing when they crossed right above me.

View attachment 19029599
Those big bull moose are very impressive.
Must have enjoyable with your own cabin.

Goldhedge

I wonder...

“Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.”
― Woodrow Wilson, New Freedom

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
My doctor once put me on zyprexia for anxiety. I didn't know to ask about side effects. BOOM.....will never let that happen again. Slowed my metabolism way down. It did help with anxiety but I gained tons of weight and took away my drive and motivation.

After about 6 months I knew I had to get off of it. My doctor was no help. Fk'er! So I tried to cold turkey and couldn't sleep. Apparently my system had gotten addicted to it and I would lay awake all night tossing and turning.

So, I slowly weaned myself of the stuff. Took over a year to get my dependency so I could totally stop. Needless to say my relationship with my doctor changed after that.

Today, when my NEW doctor prescribes a new drug my first question is.....WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS?
Yeah same here except I didn't go thru anything like what you did. What got me to start asking about side effects was when they started advertizing all these new drugs on TV and I noticed that virtually all of them had a fairly long list of seriously undesirable side effects. Up to that point I didn't realize virtually all drugs had these long lists of possible side effects. What made it even more concerning was that virtually none of the drugs I was being prescribe were the ones on TV. Now in one sense that's good because the ones on TV are the newest drugs and therefore brand name and the most expensive. The downside of course being that I was taking all these drugs to which I didn't have a clue as to what the potential side effects were. Granted the majority of people don't experience most of those side effects but still it was a bit scary not knowing what these medication were doing to me beyond what they were prescribed for.

I also came to realize that many of the doctors don't know many of the side effects, they just know what the drug is meant for and what the pharmacy reps tell them, which isn't always the full story. I definately ask the doctor but I also look them up myself when I get home.

Goldhedge

I also came to realize that many of the doctors don't know many of the side effects, they just know what the drug is meant for and what the pharmacy reps tell them, which isn't always the full story.
It's been my experience that drs use an online search for drs.

They put in the symptoms and prescribe based upon what shows up.

That's the 'practice' of medicine these days.

It's like bringing your car to a mechanic and they tell you which garage to take it to for repairs.