What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a hundred in Portland!!…..blasphemy!!…

at least tell me that there is a good chance it will rain
A 4% chance Thursday.
That guy (think it's a guy) - would have been seriously fugged up after that sorta impact 😳 - I wonder what his body hit to deaccelerate?
Probably something harder than he was.

Jump.gif

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I remember a pharmacy sales person's comment, "there are no such thing as side effects there are only effects."

I take one drug and that drug causes a magnesium deficiency, then I have to take another drug. To get my magnesium levels up so I don't get leg cramps. It works out very well for the pharmaceutical industry.

Like many drugs cortisone has several negative effects but if your in serious pain what are you suppose to do. Try it and see what happens.

Well, it's good that you found something that works for your situation, that's what matters.

hope you have an enjoyable day HempKat
Effects, side effects, that's really splitting hairs. I mean when the drug does what it's supposed to do that's an effect. A side effect is also an effect but they say side effect to distinguish it as an unwanted effect. Sometimes side effects can even become effects. for example there is a drug they put out there that was meant to be for helping diabetics control their blood sugar called Ozempic and it had a common side effect of causing people to lose weight. This side effect became so popular that people were taking the drug for weightloss even though it was meant for controlling blood sugar. More recently they came out with a new drug called Wegovy which is marketed for helping people to lose weight. It's the exact same drug (semaglutide) they just market it differently.

Last edited:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Maybe a good idea would be to try and save up for a trip out east - far east - to south east Asia - enjoy a couple of months out there when it's not so hot - November thru till January would probably be best - and see what comes up - renting a small place is not that expensive - and you can get air-conditioning too - there are ladies of every age who might be interested - you just have to be there to find out - who knows 🤷‍♂️ - you might just get lucky 😉 -

And as for the famed Filipina tampo - I was lucky enough to find a wife that never gets hysterical towards me - when riled - she just 'Sends me to Coventry' - which means that she will just totally ignore me as if I'm not there - when she's angry at me for whatever - and has never sworn at me or thrown stuff at me/attacked me - as other GF's/wives have in the past - and that suits me just fine 🙂 - because after a day or two or three even - things seem to get back to normal again -
What you describe as 'Sends me to Coventry' is tampo. Tampo is a cultural tradition unique to the Philappines, as such there isn't really a good word in english to use for it. The closest would be something like 'sulking' apparently it's pretty effective but it's probably because not only will a Filappina practicing tampo not speak to you she will usually also withold sex as well. Perhaps it's the foundation for the saying "Happy wife, happy life?" :biggrin:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Effects, side effects, that's really splitting hairs. I mean when the drug does what it's supposed to do that an effect. A side effect is also an effect but they say side effect to distinguish it as an unwanted effect. Sometimes side effects and even become effects. for example there is a drug they put out there that was meant to be for helping diabetics control their blood sugar called Ozempic and it had a common side effect of causing people to lose weight. This side effect became so popular that people were taking the drug for weightloss even though it was meant for controlling blood sugar. More recently they came out with a new drug called Wegovy which is markets for helping people to lose weight,. It's the exact same drug (semaglutide) they just market it differently.
My doctor once put me on zyprexia for anxiety. I didn't know to ask about side effects. BOOM.....will never let that happen again. Slowed my metabolism way down. It did help with anxiety but I gained tons of weight and took away my drive and motivation.

After about 6 months I knew I had to get off of it. My doctor was no help. Fk'er! So I tried to cold turkey and couldn't sleep. Apparently my system had gotten addicted to it and I would lay awake all night tossing and turning.

So, I slowly weaned myself of the stuff. Took over a year to get my dependency so I could totally stop. Needless to say my relationship with my doctor changed after that.

Today, when my NEW doctor prescribes a new drug my first question is.....WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
exercise is for fitness ... kitchen is for physical form. no sugar/only real food for 2 months will do wonders. decreased 4 pants sizes for me.
I do the exercise thing daily. As far as food goes.....NO Diet for me. That means temporary to me. That is why most diets fail ..... once a goal is obtained many go back to their bad eating habits and gain the weight right back.....like a yo yo.

Eating healthy is a lifestyle. Don't get me wrong I do go bad 2 to 3 times a week. But the rest of the time I live on fiber and plant based foods.

If you walk as much as D B does and still can't loose weight you need to evaluate what you put in your mouth. Simple. If you take in more calories that you body can burn it goes to a man stomach and a womans azz. Normally.

Just my 02.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
what a day...hit the gym and was told today included dead lifts, never considered I was able after the last surgery...did close to my body weight 60 times...yeah, I'm sore...the saga with the ex tenant has been escalated...I sent him an ultimatum just now...this may get personal with him...I forsee violence from his camp so I carry accordingly...Dutch is following me like he's glued to me...a very emotional time of my life...thanks for listening to my babble...

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
what a day...hit the gym and was told today included dead lifts, never considered I was able after the last surgery...did close to my body weight 60 times...yeah, I'm sore...the saga with the ex tenant has been escalated...I sent him an ultimatum just now...this may get personal with him...I forsee violence from his camp so I carry accordingly...Dutch is following me like he's glued to me...a very emotional time of my life...thanks for listening to my babble...
Watch you 6 my friend. Does he have grounds to go after you legally?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do the exercise thing daily. As far as food goes.....NO Diet for me. That means temporary to me. That is why most diets fail ..... once a goal is obtained many go back to their bad eating habits and gain the weight right back.....like a yo yo.

Eating healthy is a lifestyle. Don't get me wrong I do go bad 2 to 3 times a week. But the rest of the time I live on fiber and plant based foods.

If you walk as much as D B does and still can't loose weight you need to evaluate what you put in your mouth. Simple. If you take in more calories that you body can burn it goes to a man stomach and a womans azz. Normally.

Just my 02.
Consider that fat is deposited when your blood sugar spikes and your body secretes insulin to lower it. That means that the portions/amount of carbohydrates that you consume at one setting is as key to weight control as selection.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
exercise is for fitness ... kitchen is for physical form. no sugar/only real food for 2 months will do wonders. decreased 4 pants sizes for me.
3 years ago plus 2 months I embarked upon a keto diet - which meant basically - no processed sugars - no processed food - no bread - no pasta - no rice - no potatoes - combined with daily intermittent fasting - eating only within a 6 hour window - from 2pm till 8pm daily - with 3 hours exercise per day - that's walking for at least an hour at quick march speed - an hour in the gym weight training - and another hour in the pool swimming and doing aqua exercises - and within 7 months I'd gone from a 50 inch waist to a much more comfortable 34 inch waist - and had a toned/hard body once again - kinda like I was in my 20's - and I was 61 years old 😀 - so it can be done - you just need the self discipline to do it -

OleReynard

Just my 02.
Or have his thyroid checked

OleReynard

Thought he was gone and outa there?

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I thought he was out and you changed the locks.