What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Unca Walt

420club
Been watching the football - England v Slovakia in the European Cup - nearing the very end of a lacklustre game for England - who were losing 1 - 0 to Slovakia - looked like it was all over in the final minute or two - and suddenly Jude Bellingham for England scores with an overhead bicycle kick - evening the score at 1-1 - so the game goes to 30 minutes extra time - 15 minutes each way - and Harry Kane scores a nice header making it 2-1 to England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 - and that was the final score
"Overhead bicycle kick" -- every time I see a video of some superhuman doing that, I am amazed anew.

There is a ball in flight heading in this dude's general direction. The dude reaches a somehow instantly- determined place, he leaps up spinning, while flipping over backwards and brings his foot into contact in the one-thousndth of a second window that results in the ball flying at great speed through the goal.

I'll be honest. I can do a nice slow one underwater on scuba. As far as being upside down and kicking a ball that is flying by... not even in fantasy.

Unca Walt

420club
I just stripped down from my working clothes, jumped in the shower and now I’m sitting here smoking one. When I took off the pants the bottom 12 inches smelled like pig shit. I’m just really taking back with the foulness of the odor that comes from those pigs. I can’t imagine trying to swim in the pool when it’s 50 feet away from the smelliest thing I’ve ever smelled… Needless to say, the pants are outside… I just scoped my girl crush at 9 1/2 weeks and it comes down tomorrow when I get home from the gym… I’m looking forward to trimming it with my new trim machine…😉
Jeeebus. Two weeks ago, you were one of the walking dead. Since then, you have turned into Popeye after the spinach.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Jeeebus. Two weeks ago, you were one of the walking dead. Since then, you have turned into Popeye after the spinach.
Ya - @Boo - Walt - he's been on the Olive Oil by the sounds of it - wading thru pig shit - getting physical out and about - must have lost that kryptonite - that was around him - just a few weeks back - good - good 👍

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
"Overhead bicycle kick" -- every time I see a video of some superhuman doing that, I am amazed anew.

There is a ball in flight heading in this dude's general direction. The dude reaches a somehow instantly- determined place, he leaps up spinning, while flipping over backwards and brings his foot into contact in the one-thousndth of a second window that results in the ball flying at great speed through the goal.

I'll be honest. I can do a nice slow one underwater on scuba. As far as being upside down and kicking a ball that is flying by... not even in fantasy.
For sure - it was very spectacular - in the final 90 seconds too - came at a crucial time - and without it England would have had to face the disgrace of being knocked out of the tournament - by Slovakia 🇸🇰 😀

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Moonday morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
moon goddess.jpg

Cloudy here, with possibility of a shower, starting at 60F and predicted to reach 80F.

!@#$%^&*()_+ A-holes shooting off fireworks around midnight for the second day in a row, and Miss Layla needs comforting, costing me my own sleep. Another sleepless night and I may go kill a few of them!

The contractor is due this morning to repair the second kitchen drain leak and one tomorrow to replace the front walkway.

Monday Lisa.jpg

cola

An article here about ARM's (Adjustable Rate Mortgages). Really too bad for some folks. It is a misnomer, however, that banks want to take residential houses back to make a profit. They don't. They prefer to make money pushing paper, which is far easier, and less messy, than repossessing a home. Seems some folks did not learn from the last debacle that occurred starting in 2007 through 2011. Some undoubtedly had no other way to finance their purchase to get in, but with an ARM the clock begins ticking from day one. You have to plan that this eventuality will occur.

oldfogey8

You need some of these. They are a good dog sitter for about four hours at least. Then they can hang around for years to be chewd on randomly also. I get them in a bag at the pet store in the frozen section but if you live near a butcher I’m sure you could get them cheaper. I give them to our dogs when we will be gone for a few hours. It’s their most favorite thing and they are good for them.
View attachment 19025903
The woods behind my house will be thought to be a slaughter house when archaeologists excavate my property a few hundred years in the future. There are probably hundreds of marrow bones back there. We have been giving my dogs marrow bones for 20 or so years. My vet has commented on multiple occasions how great my dogs teeth look then admonish me when I tell them they get marrow bones. Zig has 4 in the house right now and he had 2 in the crate. I think he is a bit ‘damaged’ from his stint in the shelter but will hopefully forget the trauma and know that he is an integral part of the family. He is a project in process.

Note to self: reload pages before continuing an apparently unposted post…😁

Last edited:

Magu🌈

An article here about ARM's (Adjustable Rate Mortgages). Really too bad for some folks. It is a misnomer, however, that banks want to take residential houses back to make a profit. They don't. They prefer to make money pushing paper, which is far easier, and less messy, than repossessing a home. Seems some folks did not learn from the last debacle that occurred starting in 2007 through 2011. Some undoubtedly had no other way to finance their purchase to get in, but with an ARM the clock begins ticking from day one. You have to plan that this eventuality will occur.

Some people live their lives with no intention of ever getting out of debt.

“ I dont need to be a milionaire, I just need enough money so that I can tell any man to go to hell.”

- Unknown Author -

oldfogey8

Good morning everybody. 🌞 All those who had “morning wood” today raise your hand. ✋ Ladies may participate by proxy. 😁 I root cuttings with an airstone and a 5 volt airpump that I bought for $ 0.80 cents. You can barely see the root at the bottom of this cutting.
View attachment 19025960
And this is my rig.
View attachment 19025961
Some guys were telling me about their “space age” cloning equipment that they paid hundreds of dollars for. 🙄 I would rather spend my money on something else. 😁 🌈
I have had good results just sticking cuttings in damp(not soaked) soil and ‘doming’ the cuttings with plastic wrap. I have stopped using cloning liquid/gel/powder. The key for me seems to be warm soil. I put my clones on top of my water heater for that. The past few cloning attempts I have had probably 80% success. Maybe I could get it higher but I, like you, like to keep it simple(and cheap😂).

jokerman

Premium user
I just thought of you when I checked out a meat packing place I actually work at for a bit in the 70s. Central Meat Packing. It was a slaughter house and meat market back then. Chatting about the bones and me suggesting to @oldfogey8 that he might find them cheaper at a butcher shop made me think I could prolly get them cheaper too. i Remembered this place I use to work at as a cashier and whatever else they kept me busy with. It’s actually still there. I’m gonna go there and see if they have marrow bones may call ahead for them to save me some. I wonder how much it has changed.
‘it’s kinda like a pork store. 🤪
Nice shop☝️
If you could bring me a hamburger today, I would gladly pay you Tuesday😊