The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user

jokerman

Premium user
1717975802853.png

oldfogey8

This just reminded me...
I stated in an earlier post that I've not had any adverse reactions to vac's.
I now realize that isn't quite factual.

Maybe 30 yrs. ago (?), I succumbed to the hype and had a flu shot.
I'd not been sick nor had the flu in many years but thought... couldn't hurt to be 'protected'.
HA Bullshit!
I was so freaking sick for about a week and worse than any flu I'd had previously, sigh.
Have not had a flu shot since.
I've not had any type of flu symptoms in the years since either.

After I adopted Miss Scooter, I took her in for her vaccines and they did them all at once.
My poor baby was so sick, I thought she might die. The vet's office didn't seem to concerned.
Her feces was black as charcoal, runny and smelled of death for about 5 days.
I called the vet again and cussed her out, stating how irresponsible it is to do such a thing
to an unsuspecting animal, grr.

I then found the vet we currently have.
Scooter gets only 1 vaccine at a time and we've got them spaced out 2 months between.
She's not had any adverse reactions to any when administered singularly thus far, thankfully.
Before COVID(I will restrain my thoughts on that), my oldest son got the flu jab. Then got the flu a couple weeks later. The docs tested him and it was the same stain he received a jab for. He recovered then a month later has the flu again. The tested him again. Same flu. They said they had never seen that. Last flu jab I was gonna take I walked out on when I read the pamphlet. It said 1 in 10,000 could experience blindness! 1 in 100,000 would never get better. I will happily suffer the flu every year(though I haven’t had it in at least a decade and no jab needed) and not risk any adverse events. The Spanish flu was not what killed the majority of people in that pandemic. It was bacterial pneumonia resulting from the flu. Had antibiotics been available during that outbreak, it would have been a footnote in history. From the lips of Dr Fucki himself.

Goldhedge

I just gotta smile, HempKat. Your gripe is spot on in my case. I remember being in a long line of GI's with Shot Records in hand, getting jabbed one after another as rapidly as possible.

They used the same needle. On everybody in line.

Lucky me. I was behind the guy that got the needle BENT before it went in, it was so dull. They hadda change it.

But not before completing the misery of the pore bastage ahead of me with another shot.

I haven't taken any preventative shot in over 60 years.
It's amazing really! How they knew before covid that they had to create 1 BILLION jabs for the gullible.... almost as if they PLANNED it in advance...!

Welcome to my hobby!

The CEO of Moderna, Stéphane Bancel, confessed that their company manufactured 100,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine in 2019.

Last edited:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
what is the difference between a stone and a rock was one member of the audience's question.
"Rocks are composed of minerals and may contain a wide range of mineral compositions. Stones are smaller rocks or minerals that come from the ground. Rocks can range in size from small pebbles to large mountain ranges. Stones are smaller, often hand-sized or smaller. " replied the Internet machine. :biggrin:

HempKat

Veteran
Maybe 30 yrs. ago (?), I succumbed to the hype and had a flu shot.
I'd not been sick nor had the flu in many years but thought... couldn't hurt to be 'protected'.
HA Bullshit!
I was so freaking sick for about a week and worse than any flu I'd had previously, sigh.
Have not had a flu shot since.
I've not had any type of flu symptoms in the years since either.
While I'm not saying that it's impossible for some small percentage of the population to have a negative reaction to a flu shot. The experience you had is more often due to the fact that many people tend to wait until they get sick with the flu before they get the shot, thinking the flu shot is a cure as well as a preventive measure, it is not. So what happens when someone who is not yet sick with the flu goes into the doctor's office is they get infected by all the flu virus floating around from the patients already sick with the flu. The flu vaccine takes about two weeks for your immune sstem to build up the antibodies to prevent the flu, it's not effective immediately (which is another reason it makes no sense to wait until you have the flu, before you get the flu shot). So you go into the doctor's office and get the flu shot but while there you get infected by the virus of people that already have the flu and then you develope the flu during the two week incubation period of the vaccine. The common reaction people then have is they blame the vaccine for giving them the flu when it was really all the sick people in the doctor's office that gave them the flu before the vaccine could take hold.

The best way to do the flu shot is if you can find it being done in a big parking lot where you drive up, people in masks and gloves give you your shot while you remain seated in your car, then you drive off. This is usually done as a community event, often sponsered by the local hospital and/or doctor's offices at the beginning of the flu season so that they don't get slammed as bad later in the season when the risk of contamination is highest. Although you still have to avoid the virus for two weeks even when using this method otherwise you could get infected and blame it on the vaccine.

Another important factor is how they go about making the vaccine. During any given year there might be about a dozen influenza viruses active in the world. The people making the vaccine tries to determine which 3 or 4 versions of the flu virus are likely to infect the majority of the public. They then formulate the vaccine for that year to only fight off those 3 or 4 that they targeted. This has proven to be the most effective way to protect the greatest number of people. If however you are unlucky enough to encounter one of the eight versions not protected against by visiting a remote part of the world or encountering someone who recently came from a remote part of the world, you could still come down with the flu if it's one of those 8 that weren't covered by the vaccine.

HempKat

Veteran
It is also proven to be cancer causing, JS.

Have you tried Allulose rather than sucralose?
Maybe... just stop sweets all together? ;)
That would be rather silly in my opinion. Your tongue is designed to taste just five things: Bitter, Sour, Salty, Sweet and Umami aka savory. The rest of what we call flavor is actually scents detected by the nose as we eat something. So for example when we eat a peach, the tongue is picking up the sweetness of the fructose in the peach but the rest of the "peach" flavor comes from the smell of it that our nose detects. That's why the flavor of things are so very much like the way the food smells.

It seems like an absurd overreaction to avoid all sugars unless you are unfortunate enough to be a type one diabetic. If you deny yourself all sweets you deny yourself one fifth of the things your tongue was designed to taste. The sugar you most want to avoid is table sugar aka sucrose. Sucrose like fructose is natural and mostly derived from sugar cane or sugar beets. The difference however is that its a combination of two sugars, frutose and glucose. This makes it complex and therefore harder to process then other natural sugars like frutose found alone in most fruits.

It's definately a good idea to limit your intake of sugar, especially if you're diabetic but it's not necessary to eliminate it completely. Instead learn to replace things like ice creams, baked sweets and soda/flavored drinks with fresh fruit an fruit juices (no sugar added). Not only can you still enjoy the sweetness of the fruit and have it be less harmful for your body but many fruits are loaded with antioxidents and other nutritional goodies that have benefits for things like your heart, brain and other important organs. Some are even so loaded with these nutritional benefits that they are classified as super foods. My personal favorite of this group is blueberries.

Of course just like any sugar one should consume fruit in moderation. Eating too much of a good thing can still have harmful effects on the body.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
I got the first two Covid stabs as my SIL‘s doctor suggested all his caretakers have them. I would have done anything for him. He was sick with cancer and unfortunately didn’t make it. I’ve not had Covid yet but we stay away from crowds usually. Have been getting back out into the world a little lately but stay away from the sick ones as much as we can. I’m also afraid of the shingles vaccine as I had shingles once in my 30s and it was no joke. Wouldn’t want to get a relapse of that just from taking the vac.
Just to ease your mind a bit, I'm not trying to change your mind. Getting shingles more then once is fairly rare. While it is possible to have relapses that unfortunate occurence is rare and only happens in about 5% of the population. The other 95% experience it the same as where it comes from Chicken Pox. Which is to say they get it once and then they are free of it from that point on.

Last edited:

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
My Mom paid lynn $5 to wrestle me when he had chicken pox so I would get it.
Worked like a champ them shits were itchy as hell.
Ever since I died from injecting forteo into my self my attitude towards pharmaceuticals changed considerably.
I was always leery of any drug that gets you high cuz I grew up in the hood around junkies and didn't wanna be all that.
Never really suspected the rest of them.........I sure do now.
👀

HempKat

Veteran
My Mom paid lynn $5 to wrestle me when he had chicken pox so I would get it.
Worked like a champ them shits were itchy as hell.
Ever since I died from injecting forteo into my self my attitude towards pharmaceuticals changed considerably.
I was always leery of any drug that gets you high cuz I grew up in the hood around junkies and didn't wanna be all that.
Never really suspected the rest of them.........I sure do now.
👀
Yeah unfortunately there is a lot to be skeptical of. Too often drugs are pushed out on the market with potential side effects worse then what is trying to be treated. Another thing I'm seeing is drugs that get out there for one thing but one of the side effects is desirable. Like Ozempic for example, it was designed to treat diabetes but it has a beneficial side effect of causing people to lose weight. So many people started treating it as a weightloss medicine. Now the pharmacuetical companies have come out with a new medicine that is based on the same medicine in Ozempic but this new medicine is being marketed solely for weightloss and yet it carries a lot of the same potential risks as Ozempic. People need to wake up and learn that you are not going to get fit and trim and stay that way simply by taking a pill or getting a shot or drinking some unusual substance just before bed time. These things might help you lose weight without exercise or while you sleep but if your goal is to be fit and trim you need to exercise. There is no magic bullet, no miracle cure or diet that will give people what they want all by itself. The bottomline is you have to exercise. So instead of looking for an easy way out people should just find an activity that is somewhat strenuous but they enjoy and then do that every day and be careful to not overeat. That's the way to be fit and trim and stay that way.

Latest posts

Latest posts