What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Littleleaf

Veteran
Please show a pic of the canned potatoes in the jars when they are done 😊
Here is a pic of 1 of the first 14 jars of spuds. Way more to do.

They were done by what is called dry canning. Raw spuds put into jars fill with water and canning salt. Pressure canned at 10lbs for 15 minutes. They should last (if kept in a cool dark place) for 5+ years. They coloration is from the spuds themselves (skins) Some of these 14 had fresh basil added for flavor. We'll see how they taste in a few days.
canned spuds with basil.jpg

Stove is in the shop to keep from heating the house up and yes it needs to be cleaned. Fing dusty here lol....
canners.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
As an ex cosmetic piercer - I have seen and pierced thousand of belly buttons - then given advice and sold products for the after care and successful healing of many piercings -

- often I'd see gals with infections of the belly button area due to the rubbing of a jeans button against the area - some jeans buttons are metal and can oxidize next to a wet wound - and so irritate alot - when combined with the pressure of your own stomach - if the jeans are very tight around the belly button area - so I'd tell them to not have a tight metal button/stud over the area - and wear looser clothing - particularly when in the heat/humidity of summertime - and apply a saline solution daily to wash the area out - then an antibacterial cream -

Last edited:

Unca Walt

420club
Discussed this with the wife over lunch and our conclusion was lead,powder,more guns and some power storage.
Also may switch the house from natural gas heat to wood next year if shits still unstable.
No matter how many propane tanks we have eventually they will run out.
For a lot of folks right here (including Himself) the equation is considerably more abrupt.

I have food, sanitation, heat, and water -- without power -- for a minimum of a year. But the several kinds of shit that keeps this ancient heart and brain going... 30 days. <-- Always less.

And no, there is no way to get extra. unless... early on in near-chaos, I find a pharmacist and use force to get about four critical prescriptions filled from whatever is on the shelves. <-- Iffy to the point of "Nope."

So you young grasshoppers should head to Chateau Sneakydicker when TSHTF to get fed and armed.

Unca Walt

420club
See? They run along with people to keep them from getting the pot of gold. I bet the sun and the clouds get a good chuckle out of that little prank? :biggrin:
There is a way to beat it. Set up a dressing mirror in your back yard. On a sunny day, turn on your sprinklers to the "foggy" setting.

Get your twin brother to stand with the sun behind him and you stand looking at him in the mirror.

The rainbow will form between you (where the mist is) and him. Direct your brother to where the rainbow hits the ground. Get him to place a marker there.

Dig at the marker. Bingo.

Unca Walt

420club
True dat.

Not like it is some bullshit Internet rumor. This is verifiable in seconds by anyone.

The thing that bothers me is that even here, I see zerio in the way of the average person doing anything to protect the value of what they currently own.

When the dollar buys NOTHING (like the bolivar/peso/pengo/yadayada) just what TF are these folks RIGHT HERE gonna do?

The "money" they have in the bank or mattress will be toilet paper.

And it will be too late then. Normalcy bias can actually be deadly.
Let me be clear, here: The dollar WILL end. But it could possibly take a couple of years.

Or a couple of months.

Where the time is short is the time YOU have to do something to save your wealth. Keep enough $$ in the bank for bills and stuff. <-- Nothing new there.

But! Other "assets" such as gold certificates, life insurance, annuities, savings accounts, and the like... these things will turn into mist and be gone. Simply, literally gone. <-- This has happened before. Many times... just not to you.

And just not as big any time in history as this time is going to be.

I have no idea when. None at all. But the time to prepare for this horror is NOW. Not this August.

WOW! That last sentence brings to mind the eerily similar to today novel, "Not This August" written by C.M. Kornbluth in 1955.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Gaugus with some clouds, starting at 57F and predicted to reach 78F.

A nostalgic picture collage Father's Day gift from my daughter arrived, who is through digging out after the last storms in the Houston area. No serious damage but the area took heavy hits.

An empty calendar today, open to chicanery or debauchery, whichever comes first, and I note that we have a Father's Day invite to the FD seafood buffet at Salty's from Grayfox's side of the family. Hee, hee, hee, all I can eat for about $80 plus change, and their treat.

imiubu

Good morning everybody.

Won't even attempt a weather forecast as the weather man was waaaay off yesterday.
Cold and damp all day rather than sweltering hot. My furnace even kicked on last
night and it's set at 64 currently.

No real plans today, just going to take it as it comes/ go with the flow I suppose.
Feeling kinda funky from the antibiotics (I think) and still rather low energy.
So... what gets done does and what doesn't... hopefully will tomorrow (or the next day).

Did a belly button douche w/ ACV last night prior to sleepy time.
Figured if it was irritated due to yeast, the vinegar wouldn't cause issue
and may even help.
Looking so much better this morning... yay.

imiubu

As an ex cosmetic piercer - I have seen and pierced thousand of belly buttons - then given advice and sold products for the after care and successful healing of many piercings -

- often I'd see gals with infections of the belly button area due to the rubbing of a jeans button against the area - some jeans buttons are metal and can oxidize next to a wet wound - and so irritate alot - when combined with the pressure of your own stomach - if the jeans are very tight around the belly button area - so I'd tell them to not have a tight metal button/stud over the area - and wear looser clothing - particularly when in the heat/humidity of summertime - and apply a saline solution daily to wash the area out - then an antibacterial cream -

Dang Gypsy... Is there anything you haven't done? :unsure:
As you work on your book... perhaps it would be easier to list that
to which you haven't done rather than the long list of what you have ;)