What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

This is the last year I will be able to enjoy my beautiful hydrangeas that pour over the back fence as well as the azaleas flowers bushes and trees not to mention three flowerbeds in my backyard. The city plans to fill in the lake tributary that my yard backs up to because of drainage problems. The tributary was dug in the 70s but has not been maintained and now erosion has caused some problems with yards like mine draining off into the lake. They plan to put a temporary road in on our side of the 20 ft waterway to bring in their heavy equipment taking out our fence and shed and anything else 20 ft into our yard and will take from October till January they say. I will miss the wildlife the lake brings and will be looking at a privacy fence instead of our water view today. It is better for our property tho I guess if we don’t want to get washed out and the up side is I will have some sun in my back yard so maybe my cannabis plants can actually grow outside now I will have actual sun all day in places. the city said we could use the property after they cover it up but no buildings. Maybe I could put a veggie garden back there. Who knows…
View attachment 19011300 View attachment 19011301
I would try to dig up those plants and put them somewhere else. My wife thinks I am a bit plant obsessed. 😂

Hydrangeas are pretty resilient though. I have 2 in my yard that I just ripped pieces of my main plant out of the dirt and planted them elsewhere. They are thriving. Just planting the seed…

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I would try to dig up those plants and put them somewhere else. My wife thinks I am a bit plant obsessed. 😂

Hydrangeas are pretty resilient though. I have 2 in my yard that I just ripped pieces of my main plant out of the dirt and planted them elsewhere. They are thriving. Just planting the seed…
There is no room for them in my yard. In fact they were thrown back there with other plants like azaleas when they were trying to clear some of the plants from the property before selling it and they took to root there. I have two others closer to the house but for sure if one had an empty space they could have them.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A rather regular day here for me - thousands of miles over a big ocean from most of the old farts on this thread - the green parakeets have returned en masse - and are squawking constantly - without any sorta musicality - around in the trees - 🌳 around me - sounding like a bunch of avian political commentators -

It's the first day of summer on the morrow - and temperatures are cool with the odd light shower - lots of greenery and flowers 💐 out and about - another summer ☀️ to savour - it looks to be -

- I'm looking forward to riding around Bushey Park - and Richmond Park on my bicycle 🚲 - with my son - when the sun decides to come out - in the coming days/weeks/months - does anyone here enjoy fair weather cycling?
i love fair weather cycling...of course we only have 2 months of that a year...it's hotter than satan's ballsack in fur g-string now

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
i love fair weather cycling...of course we only have 2 months of that a year...it's hotter than satan's ballsack in fur g-string now

we get some temps in the 90’s here this week…

seems like it was just a month or so ago that we had snow..

looks like we might get some rain tonight

IMG_0664.jpeg

oldfogey8

There is no room for them in my yard. In fact they were thrown back there with other plants like azaleas when they were trying to clear some of the plants from the property before selling it and they took to root there. I have two others closer to the house but for sure if one had an empty space they could have them.
See if there is maybe a plant rescue organization in your area…😂😂🥸