What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Click the link to join now and let's grow together! https://discord.gg/2RRJW2XCZU
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The official 2020 Trump re election thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I have a work friend who was in a religious cult for several years. Even as she was being sexually abused, she stayed in the cult. She has a lot of stories to tell, and it is difficult to listen as they are quite horrendous. Cults are a real thing, and they do not have to be religious, they can also be political. Trump is the leader of his cult, and his “followers” are no different than my friend was, and just as blind.
Many believe they are too intelligent to fall into that trap. Humans are easily manipulated by smooth talking conmen. It happened in Germany in the 1930’s and it is currently happening in the US. Anyone can be conned, anyone can be manipulated. I fear we will see trump's real power and influence when he loses the election and he calls for his “army” to rise up. He’s been planting the seeds with his speeches describing anyone who doesn’t believe in his vision as the enemy, as traitors. Ive seen similar rhetoric here and in other forums. Many of his followers are chomping at the bit to use their guns. This is not a prediction, but rather a fear that i have.

First time one single shitstain acts in violence at the request of shithead. I am sure everyone will remember who had the maga badges all over the place. It would be a bad day for lots of shitstains.

'Boogieman'

I have a work friend who was in a religious cult for several years. Even as she was being sexually abused, she stayed in the cult. She has a lot of stories to tell, and it is difficult to listen as they are quite horrendous. Cults are a real thing, and they do not have to be religious, they can also be political. Trump is the leader of his cult, and his “followers” are no different than my friend was, and just as blind.
Many believe they are too intelligent to fall into that trap. Humans are easily manipulated by smooth talking conmen. It happened in Germany in the 1930’s and it is currently happening in the US. Anyone can be conned, anyone can be manipulated. I fear we will see trump's real power and influence when he loses the election and he calls for his “army” to rise up. He’s been planting the seeds with his speeches describing anyone who doesn’t believe in his vision as the enemy, as traitors. Ive seen similar rhetoric here and in other forums. Many of his followers are chomping at the bit to use their guns. This is not a prediction, but rather a fear that i have.

Dumbest shit I have read yet, just because you fools worshipping Obama doesn't mean we worship Trump. The democratic party is the party of misfits, don't be upset because I don't want to join you.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
That just means Foreigner.

Bring out a Big Spliff and share it.

but don't take a second hit from it, Covid19.

Auslander, In the literal sense. Aus - Out Lander - you get it.

I got it walking down a city street from a bunch of skin heads.

They definitely were not saying "welcome to our country".
More like "get the fuck out of here". (trump style)

On the autobahn an exit is an Ausfahrt ..... Aus - Out fahrt........

X

xavier7995

Dumbest shit I have read yet, just because you fools worshipping Obama doesn't mean we worship Trump. The democratic party is the party of misfits, don't be upset because I don't want to join you.

Isn't one of the reasons cited that trump will get reelected is his insanely strong support among the base? Have you seen the rallies man? How about the pro-trump protests? Did obama have a some sorta weird group of supporters that thought he was a crime fighting super hero? Obama may have had more people show up, but boy howdy its a stretch to claim his backers "worship" him more than trump. We were ambivalent as hell by the time he ran for a second term.

'Boogieman'

Well there are always people on both sides who feel their guy can do no wrong. I suspect a strong dislike for the other side is what motivates people most in this upcoming election.

X

xavier7995

More than likely, though in this particular election, I would have to argue the vast majority of those voters are in bidens camp. There's a meme about it...Biden! Well ok I guess so...or whatever. Trump folks are still pretty pumped and like trump and his views/policies. They are actively voting for their guy vs just casually accepting him as their candidate.

I made the argument before, but the Republicans kicked out the rinos that would have gone along with whatever or were the equivalent of the "fine. Biden" voters. Papa trump doesn't have room for casual support in his world view. Those are the voters the dems are targeting now. Shrinking the tent for ideological purity was a mistake. All he had to do was throw Paul ryan a bone, but nope.

'Boogieman'

More than likely, though in this particular election, I would have to argue the vast majority of those voters are in bidens camp. There's a meme about it...Biden! Well ok I guess so...or whatever. Trump folks are still pretty pumped and like trump and his views/policies. They are actively voting for their guy vs just casually accepting him as their candidate.

I made the argument before, but the Republicans kicked out the rinos that would have gone along with whatever or were the equivalent of the "fine. Biden" voters. Papa trump doesn't have room for casual support in his world view. Those are the voters the dems are targeting now. Shrinking the tent for ideological purity was a mistake. All he had to do was throw Paul ryan a bone, but nope.

The rhinos are the worst though, Paul Ryan could get slapped in the face and he would just turn the other cheek and take it again. All the leave it to god bullshit is part of the reason we are in the mess we are in now. I would rather lose the election than suck up to those types of people.

St. Phatty

Auslander, In the literal sense. Aus - Out Lander - you get it.

I got it walking down a city street from a bunch of skin heads.

They definitely were not saying "welcome to our country".
More like "get the fuck out of here". (trump style)

On the autobahn an exit is an Ausfahrt ..... Aus - Out fahrt........

i used to walk past a lot of housing projects in SF when I lived there and got some MEAN looks, mostly from African American folks.

THE ONE DAY I changed my walk to a different street - I got mugged.

Stay with the mean looks you know.

Although if you're a tourist, you're just as exposed as I was, walking on Geary, not aware of a gang of young kids who were terrorizing the project at Divisadero & Geary.

And the cops said there was nothing they can do.

A year after I was mugged, someone was shot, at the same bus stop where all the people who saw me get mugged, were sitting.

The young gang had a well established "Kill Zone".

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The rhinos are the worst though, Paul Ryan could get slapped in the face and he would just turn the other cheek and take it again. All the leave it to god bullshit is part of the reason we are in the mess we are in now. I would rather lose the election than suck up to those types of people.

compromise doesn't mean compromised...you can still retain your core beliefs and find a middle ground with viewpoints you disagree with...with trump it's my way or the highway...which are crumbling wrecks...infrastructure week!:)

Amynamous

Characterizing my comment as the dumbest shit you’ve ever read simply means you haven’t done a lot of reading (haha) or, you characterize anything you disagree with as “dumb”.

I haven’t seen a lot of “Obama worshipping” here on ICMAG, and certainly not by me. I supported about half of what he did, and was against half. I also had the same ratio with Bush Jr and with Clinton as well. I registered as a republican during the Reagan administration and Reagan was the first president i voted for. I’ve always leaned conservative, just the way i was raised. I still hold to the beliefs of laissez faire, free trade, fiscal responsibility, small government, etc. Under trump, all of these have been rejected and these are no longer “republican beliefs”. People who still hold these beliefs are now deemed RINOs and apparently “leftist”. Now, the republican beliefs are whatever trump tweeted that morning or blabbered on about at one of his rallies. The fact that his core followers support whatever ridiculous thing he says, even when it is 180 degrees from what he said the day or week before, and even when it is 100% against their personal interest, pretty much sums up his core followers as a cult.

'Boogieman'

Characterizing my comment as the dumbest shit you’ve ever read simply means you haven’t done a lot of reading (haha) or, you characterize anything you disagree with as “dumb”.

I haven’t seen a lot of “Obama worshipping” here on ICMAG, and certainly not by me. I supported about half of what he did, and was against half. I also had the same ratio with Bush Jr and with Clinton as well. I registered as a republican during the Reagan administration and Reagan was the first president i voted for. I’ve always leaned conservative, just the way i was raised. I still hold to the beliefs of laissez faire, free trade, fiscal responsibility, small government, etc. Under trump, all of these have been rejected and these are no longer “republican beliefs”. People who still hold these beliefs are now deemed RINOs and apparently “leftist”. Now, the republican beliefs are whatever trump tweeted that morning or blabbered on about at one of his rallies. The fact that his core followers support whatever ridiculous thing he says, even when it is 180 degrees from what he said the day or week before, and even when it is 100% against their personal interest, pretty much sums up his core followers as a cult.

Name an example of Trump tweeting something that Republicans don't normally support. I was against the ban on bump stocks and I'm definitely not alone. But outside of that I can't really think of anything to support your claim.

Cannavore

Veteran

so Paul Ryan is a "Republican in name only" ?

lmao what kind of sick joke is that. if hes not a republican what is he?

'Boogieman'

so Paul Ryan is a "Republican in name only" ?

lmao what kind of sick joke is that. if hes not a republican what is he?

When did I say Paul Ryan is not a Republican? What I'm saying is people like him are part of the problem inside the Republican party.

Status
Not open for further replies.