What's new

the Mexican Landraces Thread

unnamedmike

I'm not familiar with Cryptic labs....any sources for the seeds? Also, does anyone have experience with any of Snowhighs Mexicans? His seeds are crazy expensive and really makes me wonder whether they are legitimate.

Snowhigh have a bad reputation of scammer... the guy is famous in the landraces facebook groups, he ask for seeds and after that he rename the strains received...
cryptics labs is the other hand, have a very good reputation. His oaxaca is totally legit. I have 3 demon latcher blooming, oaxaca*ohaze

unnamedmike

chihuahua copper canyon, fresh small sample to test the current seeds maturity, and because im curious af about the high of this strain
5BB66D1D-CDFF-4F43-8FA4-FD3FFEF284DF.jpeg

Ncali

Veteran
Cryptic labs seems like a good thing to look into, having trouble finding them online.... proseeds is OOS .. keep us posted with what you find Texas, I'll try to do the same.

I'm thinking of doing a few Mexican themed outdoor plants this year, zapatecas tribute, bshw x temple, Jarilla de sinaloa, Guerrero berry...another oxaccan cross would be nice

RenaissanceBrah

Snowhigh have a bad reputation of scammer... the guy is famous in the landraces facebook groups, he ask for seeds and after that he rename the strains received...
cryptics labs is the other hand, have a very good reputation. His oaxaca is totally legit. I have 3 demon latcher blooming, oaxaca*ohaze

What's the best place to get Cryptic Landrace seeds? I saw on Great Lakes they sell some, but no landraces or Oaxaca.

RenaissanceBrah

Hello amigos, I spend half of my time in Jalisco and grow indoors there, trying to collect and preserve landraces as a hobby. Anyone else here in Mexico? Looking to connect to other growers to share seeds and hopefully hunt for new strains.

I've been to Michoacan and Oaxaca, but when I ask around for "curandero" or "magica" weed, or old school genetics, usually people just say they have gorilla glue or cookies, auto, sometimes I wonder if those old school gems are out there, I'm sure they are somewhere :)

Mallitlahuani

Hello amigos, I spend half of my time in Jalisco and grow indoors there, trying to collect and preserve landraces as a hobby. Anyone else here in Mexico? Looking to connect to other growers to share seeds and hopefully hunt for new strains.

I've been to Michoacan and Oaxaca, but when I ask around for "curandero" or "magica" weed, or old school genetics, usually people just say they have gorilla glue or cookies, auto, sometimes I wonder if those old school gems are out there, I'm sure they are somewhere :)

Hey man I’m here in Veracruz, looking for those old school strains. I can’t say I’ve had a lot of luck but I have found some decent stuff in batches of “regular weed” which just east taken care of but the genetics can surprise you sometimes, nothing very sativa unfortunately. The only sativa plant I’ve found came from a farm worker who transplanted it into my garden one day and said that was a good home for it, I said fuck it and grew it. It grew into a 3 meter tall beast that was very sativa but it was a male, kept it for breeding. I suspect it had Oaxaca origin but there’s no way to know for sure

RenaissanceBrah

Hey man I’m here in Veracruz, looking for those old school strains. I can’t say I’ve had a lot of luck but I have found some decent stuff in batches of “regular weed” which just east taken care of but the genetics can surprise you sometimes, nothing very sativa unfortunately. The only sativa plant I’ve found came from a farm worker who transplanted it into my garden one day and said that was a good home for it, I said fuck it and grew it. It grew into a 3 meter tall beast that was very sativa but it was a male, kept it for breeding. I suspect it had Oaxaca origin but there’s no way to know for sure

Cool to meet you Mallitla, saludos - I hear you, I have had no luck so far. I went to San Jose del Pacifico in Oaxaca a few months ago, but didn't get a chance to ask for seeds, I'm assuming if they have any it might be a good place for yerba curandera. I've heard of another spot in Michoacan I might go to that is supposed to have really good weed. Not sure what strain it'll be, but supposedly it's good.

The best stuff I've gotten in Mexico they just called "Huentitan", I'm guessing because they grew it in the Huentitan valley - what it was though, who knows however. Most stuff here seems to be autoflower. Hopefully can find some gems though.

Mallitlahuani

Cool to meet you Mallitla, saludos - I hear you, I have had no luck so far. I went to San Jose del Pacifico in Oaxaca a few months ago, but didn't get a chance to ask for seeds, I'm assuming if they have any it might be a good place for yerba curandera. I've heard of another spot in Michoacan I might go to that is supposed to have really good weed. Not sure what strain it'll be, but supposedly it's good.

The best stuff I've gotten in Mexico they just called "Huentitan", I'm guessing because they grew it in the Huentitan valley - what it was though, who knows however. Most stuff here seems to be autoflower. Hopefully can find some gems though.

never heard of Huentitan or Yerba curandera around here, I did do to Michoacán once and I got a small bag of some of the darkest purple weed I have ever seen, looked black and the buds looks sativa. I really don’t know what it was but it had a very clear and uplifting high, even got me paranoid if I smoked a full joint. This was around a town called Puroandiro

nunca he escuchado del Huentitan o yerba curandera, pero si fui a Michoacán una vez y compré una bolsa pequeña de la Mota más morada que he visto, hasta se veía negro y los cogollos tenían algo de estructura sativa. No se que variedad era pero el high estaba muy claro y sentías ganas de hacer cosas, hasta me ponía para poco cuando fumaba un joint entero. Esto fue cerca de un ciudad que llama Puroadiro

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Apologies. made by kagyu, coastal seed co
should have stated that
I haven’t done many sativas so only venture when my jars are full to hold me over in case I goof something up :D

RenaissanceBrah

never heard of Huentitan or Yerba curandera around here, I did do to Michoacán once and I got a small bag of some of the darkest purple weed I have ever seen, looked black and the buds looks sativa. I really don’t know what it was but it had a very clear and uplifting high, even got me paranoid if I smoked a full joint. This was around a town called Puroandiro

nunca he escuchado del Huentitan o yerba curandera, pero si fui a Michoacán una vez y compré una bolsa pequeña de la Mota más morada que he visto, hasta se veía negro y los cogollos tenían algo de estructura sativa. No se que variedad era pero el high estaba muy claro y sentías ganas de hacer cosas, hasta me ponía para poco cuando fumaba un joint entero. Esto fue cerca de un ciudad que llama Puroadiro

Chido escuchar que encontraste una genetica asi de por arriba y clara, me recuerda a la de Huentitan que fume, la verdad siento que es dificil encontrar yerba asi.

Cuando fuiste a Michoacan, a quien preguntabas para comprar esa yerba, como buscabas gente que parecen hippies/rastas o que recomiendas? En Oaxaca intentaba eso pero no habia mucha gente asi, no sabia a quien preguntar.

Tengo planes ir otra vez a la costa de Michoacan pronto, igual alla podria encontrar unas semillas chidas.