What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

Betterhaff

Veteran
Haven’t read thru this whole thread but has anybody worked with Shanti’s skunk/haze hybrids (supposedly from nevil)? I’ve got some skunkys. Seeds from years ago.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
1000010279.jpg

1000010275.jpg

JH in late flower and at begining of flower.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Indoor hydroponics, led 330W, filtered rainwater, hard water supplement to reach 0,25ec with addition of bio mineral calmag to reach 0,50ec, addition of minerals according to the cycle.
Finished last 2 weeks at 230W, 83 days finished
2 weeks since the seed and directly in 11/13 all the cycle of flo
90% smelled of lemony rosemary and undergrowth
All smelled of incense when burnt
All have an uplifting effect, some freeze your blood and make you break out in a cold sweat
unique spicy-sweet taste, and for some a mild polish
10% smelt of poultry liver when they flowered
Around 40% of them had bananas appearing on the top of the foot over the last 2 weeks, in small quantities, and even 4 to 5 bananas on some of them, with no effect on the finished product, i.e. no seeds were found.
A new flo test was carried out on a cutting that produced bananas at the end of the cycle. This test proved positive, i.e. no bananas at the end of the cycle, but cannot be used for selection.
Good day to you
Those plants were really fast to produce buds from seeds, you gave 2 weeks of veg and 12 weeks of 11/13 it makes a cycle of 14 weeks from germination to harvest, that's a short period to have some tasty buds like this. It's really an interesting trait of sativa dom hybrids to grow so much after the switch, it allows to grow those buds really fast like you did . With a longer veg time those plants could be huge indoor, I'd like to see a plant with 4/5 weeks of veg to see how much weight she could produce.

Last edited:

befa

Ces plantes ont été très rapides à produire des têtes à partir des graines, vous avez donné 2 semaines de végétation et 12 semaines de 11/13, cela fait un cycle de 14 semaines de la germination à la récolte, c'est une courte période pour avoir des têtes savoureuses comme celles-ci. C'est vraiment une caractéristique intéressante des hybrides à dominante sativa de pousser autant après le changement, cela permet de faire pousser ces têtes très rapidement comme vous l'avez fait. Avec une période de végétation plus longue, ces plantes pourraient être énormes en intérieur, j'aimerais voir une plante avec 4/5 semaines de végétation pour voir combien de poids elle pourrait produire.
Merci pour cette observation pertinente
Sa génétique sera à son meilleur à une latitude proche de zéro.
Des tests sont actuellement en cours
Mais oui, le travail effectué ici s'est concentré sur les coûts énergétiques, et vous avez soulevé de bons points. J'ajouterais que la plante a poussé à 230 W jusqu'à la fin de sa course, puis à 330 W et a terminé à 230 W.

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Old School Haze Feminized seed = SSH early 2000's 01-2 Mr nice seeds Yellow paper packet Frankincense pheno
X
My SSSDH OJD cut Reversed

Real SSH heavy pheno , crazy foxtails and an incredible Spicy Haze smell

An old strain I made and released around a decade or more ago

20240630_192154.jpg
20240630_192205.jpg
20240630_192220.jpg
20240630_192232.jpg
20240630_192248.jpg
20240630_192216.jpg

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil Feminized seed ( this strain won 2nd place @Piffcon Haze cup this year , grown by Bronx Science 🙏 ) not these pics I'm posting.

This strain throws winner after winner, seriously.
We run 5 packs total now and every pack had so many special phenos it's insane, my biggest keeper rate ever from all my Haze seeds I ever produced/released.

Satisfaction GUARANTEED

20240630_222519.jpg
20240630_222527.jpg
20240630_222524.jpg
20240630_222542.jpg
20240630_222540.jpg
20240630_222553.jpg
20240630_222557.jpg
20240630_222546.jpg
20240630_222530.jpg

20240630_222519.jpg

l33t

Veteran
Hey ojd !

I was wondering how is it going with my Mango x Nevs ? I am still running 2 plants from the seeds I made and you later sent me but these are not the best 2 plants but we still run them since 2017 ( ? ) I think thats when you sent me the seeds.

I grew thousands of this seed I made ( Mango Haze x Nevils haze ) , it needs about 1 in 100 to find ultra frankincense plants . Some plants are not incense at all , like 1/3 of the plants. The last seeds I grew were from you and I still have 2 plants.

I have tons of information if you want on this cross. When I grew the 97 Nevs Haze , I got 2 plants a male and a female. The female clone we grew it in Bournemouth and London for many years . Herbalizor also grew it for some months . I had to leave UK and I left the clone with 2-3 people but all lost it.

The Mango Haze x Nevs Haze uses the Nevs Haze male and from what I remember all the seed I gave out to you and herbalizor and others were random seed from all my 17 female mango hazes.

The Mango Hazes I grew were indeed some old stock but it was already inbred. It wasn't particularly incensey like SSH or NH , like old school dutch frankincense, most plants reminded more of a nl5xSK type.

For all I know they looked nothing like hempy's plants and I am sure after lengthy discussions with him and other member that the Mango Haze I got was not the original version but some inbred later version. It was not super impressive as SSH or NH. It did remind some of the sweeter skunk/nl5 nonfrankincese plants that someone would find in old SSH yellow packs.

My Nevils Haze female was one of the most potent plants I ever grew or smoked. The NH97 male looked even more sativa than the female, it leaned more to the HazeA wild side . To get something similar in my random MH x NH you would need around 20 females and 1 in 100 would be more frankincense than even the female , if not the most frankincense plants I have ever smoked in my life. Also you can find amazing terpenes in these seeds.

I have tons of info on these seeds and plants, the NH97 and later the MHxNH was all I would grow and smoke for many many years . These are special plants , thats why we still grow it :) Unfortuantely we are out of all the seeds and fortuantely , the last seeds are with you :)

Let me know how you liked em !

l33t

PS : crazy we both joined this site in 2004 , now 2024 :D
nhmh.JPG
full

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey ojd !

I was wondering how is it going with my Mango x Nevs ? I am still running 2 plants from the seeds I made and you later sent me but these are not the best 2 plants but we still run them since 2017 ( ? ) I think thats when you sent me the seeds.

I grew thousands of this seed I made ( Mango Haze x Nevils haze ) , it needs about 1 in 100 to find ultra frankincense plants . Some plants are not incense at all , like 1/3 of the plants. The last seeds I grew were from you and I still have 2 plants.

I have tons of information if you want on this cross. When I grew the 97 Nevs Haze , I got 2 plants a male and a female. The female clone we grew it in Bournemouth and London for many years . Herbalizor also grew it for some months . I had to leave UK and I left the clone with 2-3 people but all lost it.

The Mango Haze x Nevs Haze uses the Nevs Haze male and from what I remember all the seed I gave out to you and herbalizor and others were random seed from all my 17 female mango hazes.

The Mango Hazes I grew were indeed some old stock but it was already inbred. It wasn't particularly incensey like SSH or NH , like old school dutch frankincense, most plants reminded more of a nl5xSK type.

For all I know they looked nothing like hempy's plants and I am sure after lengthy discussions with him and other member that the Mango Haze I got was not the original version but some inbred later version. It was not super impressive as SSH or NH. It did remind some of the sweeter skunk/nl5 nonfrankincese plants that someone would find in old SSH yellow packs.

My Nevils Haze female was one of the most potent plants I ever grew or smoked. The NH97 male looked even more sativa than the female, it leaned more to the HazeA wild side . To get something similar in my random MH x NH you would need around 20 females and 1 in 100 would be more frankincense than even the female , if not the most frankincense plants I have ever smoked in my life. Also you can find amazing terpenes in these seeds.

I have tons of info on these seeds and plants, the NH97 and later the MHxNH was all I would grow and smoke for many many years . These are special plants , thats why we still grow it :) Unfortuantely we are out of all the seeds and fortuantely , the last seeds are with you :)

Let me know how you liked em !

l33t

PS : crazy we both joined this site in 2004 , now 2024 :D
View attachment 19027682
full
Great to see you posting again bro , I was told you don't run Haze anymore and run a seed company working on Cali type strains.

Great to hear you still run your NH x Mango strain and did something with the seeds you made that I sent back to you many years ago.

I read a thread online years ago you also run the unreleased wild version of Mango Haze , and see a thread on here from you or another website where it showed you run the Mango Haze Male x to the Nevil Haze so assumed it was the same X ?

Wow that is mad , we both joined on 2004 and now 2024 is 20 years later , man does the time fly.

So because you wasn't online and i was told you don't run Haze anymore I was going to make and release an F2 with the Best Female I'm working with from your strain and the selected Male I've kept to work into projects.
If your still working it or want the Female or Male I'm working with let me know and I can either send them to your or our mate in Brighton to forward to you.
And let me know if you dont want me to make or release the F2 , no worries at all.
I'm already making hybrids with the clone I use of your strain so Happy with just that , but I can guarantee you people would love to see this released as F2 as I get messages asking me to make release the F2 without being x to another strain , as I been showcasing my future Feminized hybrid x with the SSSDH Female Reversed onto the clone of your strain I'm making now.

So looks like I got lucky then with the Female I'm using from your seeds as it's very heavy on the Nevil Haze side and especially Spicy Incense Frankincense side , has me very excited to make some hybrids with it , first up i hit the clone with the Reversed SSSDH clone , but not my well known OJD cut, a new pheno selected from the first ever SSSDH Reservoir seed release seeds I got when Rez sent them over to me to remmake the SSSDH project for Rez to release over 15 years back.
This pheno is like my other old nit so well known purple SSSDH cut , just not any Purple but all the same Spicy Colombia type Incense/Frankincense traits.
It's going to be an amazing combo of Spicy Incense side of Nevil's Haze's with zero Pine, Lime or Mango Terps present.
Both cuts offer incredible up Sativa/Haze potency all to the Haze side with zero Sour Diesel detected in this new SSSDH cut I'm working with , unlike my SSSDH well known cut which has like 20% maybe of Diesel detected in certain looks traits etc.

Great time see you posting again and still have love for the Haze , your welcome to any seed strains I offer that interest you anytime, just pm or email me to chat

Last edited:

FeelHaze

NH X OH X APPSS X DBMH IS SOME UNIQUE LOOKING WEED. She grows clusters that I only see in haze genetics. She also has a bunch of hard UVOLE I only see in Haze/Sativa plants. I found a bunch. These are not seeds. You can see them in the 4th pic.
View attachment 19030509 View attachment 19030510 View attachment 19030511 View attachment 19030512 View attachment 19030513

Looks real nice !
I bet it smells amazing.

I've seen a couple of those "UVOLE" on my Killer A5 Haze. I first thought they were seeds but got confused.

1000007866.jpg

1000007866.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They are common in some Haze/Sativa lines. I'm not sure why plants produce them. It's easy to tell a seed vs (Ovule CORRECT SPELLING). If you see a white healthy pistil protruding from these it's an Ovule. They will never ripen and always stay green. A seed will not have a pistil/Stigma for long after pollination. A Pistil will turn color shrieval and die after pollination. Seeds will ripen over time Ovule will not. .
seed.jpg

Last edited: