What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

THE GROW OFF: CALI HAZE VS MAX GOM VS LA BLANCA

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
that cali haze is looking nice :good:

you should make a grow diary so we can watch what happens to it in the coming weeks

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
damn scotty maxi looks ridicolos nice man, she is a monster auto's wtf !!!
can't wait for update

my shitty camera phone just aint doing my plants any justice what so ever, my mate has 1 of them 14 mp dslr cameras im gonna try and borrow it off him at some point and get some proper photos up for you guys :)

ive gotta continue with the camera phone for the time being though lol

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
pics

la blanca

picture.php

picture.php

would you like rice with your noodles sir ;)

picture.php

maxi

sativa leaves and the begining of the frosty goodness ;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Druna

Sorry for posting my cali haze here skotty but i saw something about topped plants so just did it without thinking but il make and own thread over it and rest of the chick gang in my closet :)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Sorry for posting my cali haze here skotty but i saw something about topped plants so just did it without thinking but il make and own thread over it and rest of the chick gang in my closet :)

i dont mind you posting pics in my thread, im a fan of stitchs work and i like to see what other people are achieving with his creations :)

however your curtains did offended me hahahahah

i look forward to your diary

peace

uptosumpn

Veteran
Effin Crazy Skotty!!! esp. on those ec levels!!!! let me ask you this, so I'm not confused.....when she drops her ec, (maxi) and you say you up it back to 1.8..do you wait to do this on your weekly res change or do you just add more nutes to the res when you discover the drop??

I just re-read your entire thread to take notes as I am about to go purchase some DWC equipt/supplies next wk and give it a go....(just 1 bucket for now to get it down pack) to grow alongside my soil grow....I know, I know, NO COMPARISION!! But that's what I wanna see!!:) only problem, I already started to germ the seeds, (24hr soak in root stimu, then straight to FF light warrior soil in 16 oz cups<no sprouts yet) and probably cant transplant it to DWC set-up onced sexed??!! Or can I?????? As we all know autos are very sensitive and that kind of root disturbance may kill her, let alone stunt/stress her.....IDK....? May just have to wait till next grow..

Gonna go get some Canna Rizo, Canna Aqua Vega, Overdrive, & Hammerhead too!!!

Oh, how many liters per min is your air pump? The one I was considering is 20L per min, but dont know if that's enough<it's an 8 valve one...so I can add more buckets in the near future...using those stand up mico pore air stones....
But anyways skotty, a great read, (AGAIN :bump:!) Because of YOU i'm going over to the deep end!! LOL!:tiphat:

day 45 from seed

la blanca is 23" tall and feeding on .9 ec and ph 5.8 she is stuning to look at and i would say she represents regular white widow in every respect so far in fact if you was to put both strains side by side you would find it difficult to say which is auto and which is regular ;)

maxi is residing at 96cm just under a meter tall never seen anything like it so far in my growing adventures, her apetite is crazy, ive not pushed her past 1.8 ec because she is going to be introduced to pk on her next res change, she loves the ph of 5.8-6.0 this is her sweet spot ;)

i cant even begin to tell you guys the smells im getting in my tent right now even my baby onyx is starting to hum and all the smells are mixing together ranging from some dank skunk smells through to some fruity goodness its all in there lol cant wait to get la blanca on some carboload and amplify her smell :)

pics to follow.......

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Effin Crazy Skotty!!! esp. on those ec levels!!!! let me ask you this, so I'm not confused.....when she drops her ec, (maxi) and you say you up it back to 1.8..do you wait to do this on your weekly res change or do you just add more nutes to the res when you discover the drop??

I just re-read your entire thread to take notes as I am about to go purchase some DWC equipt/supplies next wk and give it a go....(just 1 bucket for now to get it down pack) to grow alongside my soil grow....I know, I know, NO COMPARISION!! But that's what I wanna see!!:) only problem, I already started to germ the seeds, (24hr soak in root stimu, then straight to FF light warrior soil in 16 oz cups<no sprouts yet) and probably cant transplant it to DWC set-up onced sexed??!! Or can I?????? As we all know autos are very sensitive and that kind of root disturbance may kill her, let alone stunt/stress her.....IDK....? May just have to wait till next grow..

Gonna go get some Canna Rizo, Canna Aqua Vega, Overdrive, & Hammerhead too!!!

Oh, how many liters per min is your air pump? The one I was considering is 20L per min, but dont know if that's enough<it's an 8 valve one...so I can add more buckets in the near future...using those stand up mico pore air stones....
But anyways skotty, a great read, (AGAIN :bump:!) Because of YOU i'm going over to the deep end!! LOL!:tiphat:

:thank you:

my only advice is keep it simples and enjoy the experience

i started off with the basics and worked my way up learning as i go and with some great help and advice from people on this forum and the guys on thctalk

as far as my setup goes....

3 x 5 gallon buckets
1 x 60ltr per minute air pump
canna base nutes soon to be vitalink max
rhizotonic
carboload
hammerhead
345 watt led panel
seeds
120x180x80 grow tent
1 x clip on fan
ec meter
ph pen
ph down
1" rockwool cubes
copious amounts of airfreshners around my manor

as far as ec dropping most growers use a topping up method or adding back, basically all you are doing is adding back or maybe increasing what the plant has taken away, pretty simple when you think about it.

just make sure you have plenty of room because things can get big and out of control, as ive already stated im struggling with these 2 plants in my space and baby onyx aint getting much light bless her and la blanca hasnt stretched yet (thank fuck)

i hope this helps if you need any more info just gimme a shout and ill try my best to advise you as im sure others will in getting started :)

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 46 from seed

my calculations say that maxi is at the start of week 6 of a 10 week grow so today im intorducing hammerhead pk to her mix which she will be on this regime for the next 3 weeks untill flush

her res is now

canna aqua flores 30ml a 30ml b
carboload 10ml
rhizotonic 4ml
hammerhead 7.5 ml (this may sound like a small dosage but instead of using it in 1 week its being spread out over 3 )

gives me an ec of 1.6, i know she has been feeding at 1.8 ec but because of the new mix i wanna see how she reacts to her 1st week in her new root bath ;)

now she is budding maxi has taken on a nice pineapple smell so im proper happy with that :)

even though maxi has hit new heights im now drawn towards la blanca as being the star of the show dont get me wrong maxi is the tits but i cant wait to unlock la blancas potenial ;)

im dreaming of a white (widow) christmas lol

heres my res temps and a coupel of shots of la blanca i think she will fill that tent by herself in the coming weeks haha

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

uptosumpn

Veteran

my only advice is keep it simples and enjoy the experience

i started off with the basics and worked my way up learning as i go and with some great help and advice from people on this forum and the guys on thctalk

as far as my setup goes....

3 x 5 gallon buckets
1 x 60ltr per minute air pump
canna base nutes soon to be vitalink max
rhizotonic
carboload
hammerhead
345 watt led panel
seeds
120x180x80 grow tent
1 x clip on fan
ec meter
ph pen
ph down
1" rockwool cubes
copious amounts of airfreshners around my manor

as far as ec dropping most growers use a topping up method or adding back, basically all you are doing is adding back or maybe increasing what the plant has taken away, pretty simple when you think about it.

just make sure you have plenty of room because things can get big and out of control, as ive already stated im struggling with these 2 plants in my space and baby onyx aint getting much light bless her and la blanca hasnt stretched yet (thank fuck)

i hope this helps if you need any more info just gimme a shout and ill try my best to advise you as im sure others will in getting started :)

peace

OK and thanks for the quick responce and info on the adding back....my plan is to keep it simple...that's why I'm starting with 1 bucket....

My current set-up will have enough space though....(56" x 56" x 78.75") grow tent...basically 17sf....and when I do finally go DWC 100%..my plan is 8 buckets....what size air pump would you recommend for an 8 bucket spread..(this is all AFTER my first attempt btw) maybe 40ltr per min? < gets pretty expensive the higher you go...
Thanks again skotty:wave:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
OK and thanks for the quick responce and info on the adding back....my plan is to keep it simple...that's why I'm starting with 1 bucket....

My current set-up will have enough space though....(56" x 56" x 78.75") grow tent...basically 17sf....and when I do finally go DWC 100%..my plan is 8 buckets....what size air pump would you recommend for an 8 bucket spread..(this is all AFTER my first attempt btw) maybe 40ltr per min? < gets pretty expensive the higher you go...
Thanks again skotty:wave:

no worries fella as i stated 60 ltr pump for 3 x 5 gal buckets is the equivalent of 20 ltrs of air per minute

as far as having 8 buckets well thats just way over my head im more than happy with the results from 3 especially as i only grow for personal use, anything more than that and i could be supplyin the whole of the east midlands, not thats what im doing im just saying

what a beautiful day its been here today in the uk absoloutly stunning ive been in the garden all afternoon doing a bit of tidying up, cutting the grass and making the most of the gorgeous sun :)

ive just snapped a couple of shots of my plants next to a 1.5ltr bottle of pepsi that ive managed to cain this afternoon while pottering about lol

gives you some idea about how big they are i suppose, i might start decorating my plants with empty cans of pop and beer cans "cough russian rocket fuel cough" :jerkit: lol :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

peace

uptosumpn

Veteran
as far as having 8 buckets well thats just way over my head im more than happy with the results from 3 especially as i only grow for personal use, anything more than that and i could be supplyin the whole of the east midlands, not thats what im doing im just saying

Well my goal with DWC is 1 1/2lb - 2lbs every 7wks from 8 plants for my perpetual crop...(a 10wk grow using auto strains that are known heavy yielders, but use those 3 odd wks(max) to veg/determine sex in 4x4x4 RW blocks,[top feeding in 10"x20" grow trays with a 7" humid dome] then transplant to buckets) Less is more they say and this applies here!!! not only will I cut my plant count in HALF, I will yeild MORE!! Win/Win!! WAYY MORE Effiecent use of my tent and my 600hps.....8 buckets in a 17sf space that is 6.5' tall....going for that maximum yield!:bump:

no worries fella as i stated 60 ltr pump for 3 x 5 gal buckets is the equivalent of 20 ltrs of air per minute

Ok, Thanks....

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
if you grow in 8 buckets your gonna need to be pulling 3 ounces per plant in order to hit your target, i wouldnt say that all autos are stable as you can end up with different phenos and some might do better than others so it would be intresting to see what autos you pick in order to get the yield you want

that is a diary i would love to see, so get cracking ;)

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Guys,
Great looking Auto's Skotty, I can see you doing 8oz + just off the Super-maybe more, i cant get over the Size of that thing man, gonna be some banging Colas hanging offa her for sure. Great Job Bro! ;)
I just wanted to add that with only 1 600w HPS Uptosum'n your unlikely to yield much more than 1gpw, doesnt matter if you have 50 plants in your tent, your only gonna fill that space & yield appropriate to your light output. I usually hit 1-1.3gpm(grams per watt), my best with DWC is 1.4gpw, thats my best ever tbh. just thought id mention that one, if your perpetual then you surely have several 600 watters, you may wanna consider upping the output there, the more light the more bud you'll produce, still 600 G's is alot of buddage.
Anyway, Nice Job Skotty, G'Luck buddy & watch that tip-sindge bro, first indication of being on the Max EC Line, well usually is. I have some going on myslef atm, but im also just recovering from a case of VPD, which caused some damage, better now though, day 2 of 12/12, Happy Daayyzz;)

uptosumpn

Veteran
Well guys the lumen output from my 600(plantastar) has more lumens than all other 600 on the market...98,000...BUT I do have a brand new 1000 jus sittin around and was considering using it for the 8 bucket set-up.... I am also planning to up my veg light NOW in my clonebox from 4' 4 bulb HO T5's to a 400MH<to get em' as big as I can before transplant ....
The strains I was considering for DWC are Onyx, NYLD, BlueStreak, Easyryder, SourJems,(f2's) F1 mom is 25" tall, all the other F1 girls seem pretty stable/uniform @ 12-14", and my accidental cross of MI5 X Purple Jems....ALL which are heavy yeilders....
I also have HBD, AK47, NYCD,Bud Wider, BadBetty, ICU#2, PunkChunk & Purple Mazar<just started these, may pop their heads today...gonna cross em with easyryder, which were started with the Pmazar...And after seeing your Max Gom & La Blanca, gonna be adding these to the mix as well....the plan: create heavy yielding plants by F3....3-4oz per dry.

One thing I want you guys to know, is i take instruction very well and I will read/listen to people with proven results to learn what it is i'm tryin to accomplish....

OH! FYI, I wasn't saying I was gonna get that type of yield NOW....I DID say; "my goal"....it's a work in progress, First things first....get DWC down, say 2 cycles with 1 bucket, while working on crosses and F2's, F3's ect.
I'd say I will be ready to go with 8 bucket set-up by spring, possibly using the 1000hps.....whatta ya think skotty & scrogerman? Currently i'm getting almost a pound under the 600, but that's with 13-16 plants!!! <to effin much!!!!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Hey Guys,
Great looking Auto's Skotty, I can see you doing 8oz + just off the Super-maybe more, i cant get over the Size of that thing man, gonna be some banging Colas hanging offa her for sure. Great Job Bro! ;)
I just wanted to add that with only 1 600w HPS Uptosum'n your unlikely to yield much more than 1gpw, doesnt matter if you have 50 plants in your tent, your only gonna fill that space & yield appropriate to your light output. I usually hit 1-1.3gpm(grams per watt), my best with DWC is 1.4gpw, thats my best ever tbh. just thought id mention that one, if your perpetual then you surely have several 600 watters, you may wanna consider upping the output there, the more light the more bud you'll produce, still 600 G's is alot of buddage.
Anyway, Nice Job Skotty, G'Luck buddy & watch that tip-sindge bro, first indication of being on the Max EC Line, well usually is. I have some going on myslef atm, but im also just recovering from a case of VPD, which caused some damage, better now though, day 2 of 12/12, Happy Daayyzz;)

easy now

ive never pushed maxi any more than 1.8 as i was getting scared of pushing her to much even though she showed me signs that she wanted more and could handle more, the tips in the pic look a lot like she is very close to overfeed but its not its bleaching from my led light if you go back to page 6 and 7 you can see she had it from her early stages and its never got any worse and it never got any better so i just rolled with it and it hasnt effected her performance in the slightest ;)

she is now on 1.6ec and its dropped to 1.3 in 24 hours i seriously can not control this girls appetite, the only reason i dropped the ec was because i introduced pk into her feeding and wanted to see for any signs of dislike but its gone the opposite way and she fooking luvs it lol

ive just measured her and she stands at 1 meter and 4 cm she is about 7cm away from my light and i cant lift that shit no higher lol just for the record she aint a super auto just a regular 10 week seed to weed strain :)

Well guys the lumen output from my 600(plantastar) has more lumens than all other 600 on the market...98,000...BUT I do have a brand new 1000 jus sittin around and was considering using it for the 8 bucket set-up.... I am also planning to up my veg light NOW in my clonebox from 4' 4 bulb HO T5's to a 400MH<to get em' as big as I can before transplant ....
The strains I was considering for DWC are Onyx, NYLD, BlueStreak, Easyryder, SourJems,(f2's) F1 mom is 25" tall, all the other F1 girls seem pretty stable/uniform @ 12-14", and my accidental cross of MI5 X Purple Jems....ALL which are heavy yeilders....
I also have HBD, AK47, NYCD,Bud Wider, BadBetty, ICU#2, PunkChunk & Purple Mazar<just started these, may pop their heads today...gonna cross em with easyryder, which were started with the Pmazar...And after seeing your Max Gom & La Blanca, gonna be adding these to the mix as well....the plan: create heavy yielding plants by F3....3-4oz per dry.

One thing I want you guys to know, is i take instruction very well and I will read/listen to people with proven results to learn what it is i'm tryin to accomplish....

OH! FYI, I wasn't saying I was gonna get that type of yield NOW....I DID say; "my goal"....it's a work in progress, First things first....get DWC down, say 2 cycles with 1 bucket, while working on crosses and F2's, F3's ect.
I'd say I will be ready to go with 8 bucket set-up by spring, possibly using the 1000hps.....whatta ya think skotty & scrogerman? Currently i'm getting almost a pound under the 600, but that's with 13-16 plants!!! <to effin much!!!!

mate as i stated already you are well out of my league in terms of what you wanna achieve i just grow for my own pleasure and can only advise you on my own way of doing what i do and how id do it, if you need some expert advice speak to scrogerman as he pretty much has his shit on lockdown and his advice along with others is whats helped me to achieve whats going on in this grow, the boy knows his stuff as far as dwc goes and im sure he will put your right

seriosuly though get it all together and join the waterworld the sooner ya do it the sooner you will realise what ya been missing out on and every 1 wants to see autos being grown in hydro under a 600 or 1000 watt hps if that was to happen you would make my grow look like a fuking dwarf lol get it sorted son :)

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 48 from seed

ive had a bit of a play around in my grow room, i was a bit concerned with maxi literally touching my light so ive angled the led panel and now she has all the room she wants to keep growing upwards and this has also helped to literally cover her from top to bottom in lumens without the other plants missing out on the light :)

la blanca has had a food spurt she went from .8ec to 1.0 ec and now she is on 1.2 ec this is a good sign for me as it tells me something is happening and she aint just vegging no more ;)

ill update with pics later....

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
pics ......

is it normal to get thc on your fan leaves and all the way down the stems this early??

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

la blanca

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

baby onyx

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts