What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Great Awakening

Is the Great Awakening happening?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I gave coffee a break for a year or so... I went through a few espresso machines in my heyday.

I was going through a pound a day.

I was drinking cappuccino and lattes too, fat and sugar galore. Not sustainable for long life, at least in the quantity I was consuming.

I recently got back on the Joe in spring but drank drip coffee black.

I've succeeded in cutting soda and a lot of sugar from my diet, as well as a majority of my sodium intake... so it's not a proud point that I am needlessly adding sugar to my coffee.

But then again I think coffee is a drug and I should use it appropriately... and then I remember that I don't want to buy another espresso machine as long as I live... so I compromise with my compromise and say a little sugar is what Mary Poppins was talking about.

I'm glad you can enjoy a little bit again moose eater!

moose eater

I quit sugar in coffee a long time ago. The Dutch and Deutche candies I referenced were the ones that weren't overwhelmingly sweet; more of a robust coffee flavor with a bit of cream flavor, and just enough sweetness to call them candy.

One of my bigger health sins these days, aside from breaking my vegan (cancer) diet irreparably, involves seltzer water, and the carbonation in them. But the psychological effect of popping a can open, (while not having it not contain caffeine or alcohol), and be 0 carb and calories is pretty good too.

We have an ancient stove-top espresso maker that makes about 2 decent-size cups. It -appears- to be some sort of gray aluminum or (Heaven forbid) pewter maybe. Friends in the Yukon Territory revealed one like it, but half its size, and made of stainless steel. I was envious. :) Something to fit into the bush-trip cook tote for the future.

Lakes this weekend are looking at lows in the upper mid-30s f., and on down to +34 f., so, that being morning temps most likely, I'll need something like a good cup of joe to propel me outa' bed to slay trout if it's to happen any time before 2:00 P.M. or so, even if it's just the imagery in my mind's eye of a steaming cup of good coffee/espresso/capucino that propels me.

I believe the trout celebrate my lethargy these days.

Got an 'any bull' <moose> tag I might try to fill on the way there, but that might crimp a fishing trip if I'm successful with Bullwinkle. Shifting from 'get some meat' mode to 'enjoy the trip' mode is likely a better place to keep the thing focused.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I quit sugar in coffee a long time ago. The Dutch and Deutche candies I referenced were the ones that weren't overwhelmingly sweet; more of a robust coffee flavor with a bit of cream flavor, and just enough sweetness to call them candy.

One of my bigger health sins these days, aside from breaking my vegan (cancer) diet irreparably, involves seltzer water, and the carbonation in them. But the psychological effect of popping a can open, (while not having it not contain caffeine or alcohol), and be 0 carb and calories is pretty good too.

We have an ancient stove-top espresso maker that makes about 2 decent-size cups. It -appears- to be some sort of gray aluminum or (Heaven forbid) pewter maybe. Friends in the Yukon Territory revealed one like it, but half its size, and made of stainless steel. I was envious. :) Something to fit into the bush-trip cook tote for the future.

Lakes this weekend are looking at lows in the upper mid-30s f., and on down to +34 f., so, that being morning temps most likely, I'll need something like a good cup of joe to propel me outa' bed to slay trout if it's to happen any time before 2:00 P.M. or so, even if it's just the imagery in my mind's eye of a steaming cup of good coffee/espresso/capucino that propels me.

I believe the trout celebrate my lethargy these days.

Got an 'any bull' <moose> tag I might try to fill on the way there, but that might crimp a fishing trip if I'm successful with Bullwinkle. Shifting from 'get some meat' mode to 'enjoy the trip' mode is likely a better place to keep the thing focused.
I drink a 6 cup stainless stove top espresso every morning - black

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you mean to say -30? Not yet eh? Me and 2 buddies did the Bowron Lakes chain this time of year in my aluminium cargo canoe. If you are not already grown up, you sure are after that. We did it old style - no gas - just an axe, brown rice, pasta and fishing gear. Well and coffee. Near the end my friends were fighting over the remaining tobacco. We were charged by the largest bull moose on earth.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Did you mean to say -30? Not yet eh? Me and 2 buddies did the Bowron Lakes chain this time of year in my aluminium cargo canoe. If you are not already grown up, you sure are after that. We did it old style - no gas - just an axe, brown rice, pasta and fishing gear. Well and coffee. Near the end my friends were fighting over the remaining tobacco. We were charged by the largest bull moose on earth.
BRAIN WORM ALERT!!

@Hempy McNoodle -osis is defined as:

Replying to one's own reply.

1662728279388.png

Got headaches?

;)
It could be pair of sights.
1662728604360.png

med4u

Veteran
Sounds like you fellas could use a lil pick me up...
Try a cold crisp "Lofty's" all natural mineral water...coming soon with all natural Juices and berry flavors

Last edited:

Hempy McNoodle

This last summer, just ending now for us (abruptly, I'd add), I'd had metabolic issues with panic/anxiety, a sense of electricity in the gut each morning, etc. Nerves were shot to shit at that point. Nothing really touched it, and the sleep deprivation issues went from "OK, this is bad," (which covered the last 45+ years, maybe 50+ of dyssomnia) to "Holy SHIT!! I've functioned in all states of being for years with minimal sleep, but this is getting to the point of ... serious break in ability to maintain effort."

At that point, even a scant amount of coffee or green tea caused heightened problems with heart rate, etc.. (*green tea being medicinal and recognized by the American Cancer folks and others as a natural anti-androgen agent where prostate cancer and recurring prostate cancer are involved; reduction of testosterone = less food to the tumors)

So, for a long time this last year or better, I avoided caffeine more or less altogether.

This last trip down the highway into the Yukon Territory I took along some Rx stimulants, 200mg Provigil to be specific. I was uncertain of the effect re. where I'd been at metabolically a couple or 3 months previous, but knew I was going to likely encounter circumstances where I needed to keep going, despite energy levels, and in the end it went pretty well.

I found this last trip that staying occupied with activity and focus helped immensely, and the limited but pronounced negative effects of the stimulants/caffeine diminished or vanished.

So now, if it's not too late in the day, and I need to augment my reserve energy for chores, or ????, a 1/3 to 1/2-cup o' good Joe goes down really well. I miss the rich taste as much as anything. Good cream in a stout French Roast coffee reminds me of the coffee candies we used to get in Germany and Holland.

Oddly enough, I did enough uncut coke in the early 1980s to kill several race horses, and for years could barely even feel the onset of a good cup of French Roast, sometimes even a 4 or 5-shot espresso or capucino was nearly wasted on me. These days, a smattering of caffeine gives me ample energy, and a quarter of a 200mg tab of the Provigil keeps me going into the night.. late... if on the road and making time.. Though sometimes it's followed closely thereafter by a second quarteror-half-tab getting into the next day.. Moderation in all things. :)

But yeah, caffeine and stimulants and I are friends again.. or at least cordial neighbors.
Camomile tea can be really good before bed and might make you feel great when you wake up. Ginger tea is awesome. I drink black coffee but I stopped using the rich intense gourmet stuff because it exasperated my headaches. So, I switched to cheaper generic classic diner type coffee. I enjoy it almost just as much but have far fewer headaches.

You should grow a narcotic indica strain for insomnia, let it flower extra long. That should knock you out at night, right?

One thing to keep in mind that a lot of people may not realize is that in the summer, most mammals (including humans) become crepuscular or even nocturnal. So, a lot of people don't understand why they can't sleep at night in the summer.

Lastly, not to freak you out, but, in my mom's final year, she was having panic attacks and anxiety. Her doctor told her it was hormonal due to menopause. One day she started having trouble breathing and died. She had a pulmonary embolism. After her death, a doctor (not sure if it was the same doctor) said that the anxiety attacks were likely triggered when blood clots came loose and lodged in her pulmonary artery. This probably happened a whole series of times until the last little clot completely and suddenly clogged the artery and she died. Pulmonary embolism is one of the major risks of the COVID jab.

Hempy McNoodle

I gave coffee a break for a year or so... I went through a few espresso machines in my heyday.

I was going through a pound a day.

I was drinking cappuccino and lattes too, fat and sugar galore. Not sustainable for long life, at least in the quantity I was consuming.

I recently got back on the Joe in spring but drank drip coffee black.

I've succeeded in cutting soda and a lot of sugar from my diet, as well as a majority of my sodium intake... so it's not a proud point that I am needlessly adding sugar to my coffee.

But then again I think coffee is a drug and I should use it appropriately... and then I remember that I don't want to buy another espresso machine as long as I live... so I compromise with my compromise and say a little sugar is what Mary Poppins was talking about.

I'm glad you can enjoy a little bit again moose eater!
I had an espresso machine. I made such good capachinos and lattes. I drank so many that i felt I was going to give myself a heart attack. So I had to get rid of it. :(

Hempy McNoodle

Wow! What an episode! In this episode, Dave suggests that the death of the Queen is a trigger for a clock built into the Q posts which is correlated with 'Operation London Bridge" (death of the queen). Dave Suggests that the crowning of King Charles is highly significant to the plan for the take down of the Global Deep State. Q often mentioned '10 days of darkness' and "D5." This seems to be related to the plans for Operation London Bridge and the crowning of King Charles. Dave suggests that 11.3, which Q referred to as being associated with the timing of the upcoming arrest of John (or Tony) Podesta, is King Charles (11 = K and 3 = C). Definitely worth watching!

Hempy McNoodle

"In a House of Commons chamber filled with MPs clothed in black, Mr Johnson described the Queen as “the keystone in the vast arch of the British state”."

aCrAX8hNRdsd.png

keystone

Keystone: As a symbol of completion, the Keystone is one of the most beautiful emblems of Masonic teaching. The Keystone is the last stone that is placed to complete the construction of an arch. This uniquely shaped stone is a marvel of engineering that is most critical for upholding the arch and maintaining its strength.
The Keystone symbol is absent in Lodge symbolism but appears in degrees of the Chapter. It figures in the York Rite of Masonic degrees in Freemasonry in the unfolding of the symbolic legend of Hiram, the builder of the Keystone.

So, in other words, the stone at the top of the arch which locks the arch together, making the arch the strongest architectural design known. They thought they were invincible. They thought they'd never lose control. They thought she'd never lose (Hillary 2016).

Hempy McNoodle

Statement from Donald Trump on the Passing of the Queen (September 8, 2022):

Melania and I are deeply saddened to learn of the loss of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Together with our family and fellow Americans, we send our sincere condolences to the Royal Family and the people of the United Kingdom during this time of great sorrow and grief. Queen Elizabeth’s historic and remarkable reign left a tremendous legacy of peace and prosperity for Great Britain. Her leadership and enduring diplomacy secured and advanced alliances with the United States and countries…

…around the world. However, she will always be remembered for her faithfulness to her country and her unwavering devotion to her fellow countrymen and women. Melania and I will always cherish our time together with the Queen, and never forget Her Majesty’s generous friendship, great wisdom, and wonderful sense of humor. What a grand and beautiful lady she was—there was nobody like her!…

…Our thoughts and prayers will remain with the great people of the United Kingdom as you honor her most meaningful life and exceptional service to the people. May God bless the Queen, may she reign forever in our hearts, and may God hold her and Prince Philip in abiding care.

King Charles III, who I have gotten to know well, will be a Great and Wonderful King. He dearly loves the United Kingdom and all that it represents to the World. He will prove to be an inspiration to everyone. Queen Elizabeth has been, and will be from above, very proud of King Charles III.