What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Great Awakening

Is the Great Awakening happening?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you a people? I like this thread and I like Hempy McNoodle . Take your own counsel and stop responding in this thread.

lol, My suggestion was for any that are not nutters. Has nothing to do with whom you like lol. If you really did like Mcnoodle you would help him from straying too far into the twilight zone. It's prob way too late for that. If you prefer posting nonsense keep up the good work. The only way this kind of crap stops is when people with some common sense don't participate. Sometimes people need to be reminded of that. I've found it necessary to not encourage the BS. All I see are people with no common sense.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
at least hempy doesn't engage in stupid insult battles...and he's young yet,hopefully he'll outgrow this phase like so many youngsters do...who can say they didn't believe in things that turned out to not be so when they were younger...

and at least hempy is a fellow grower unlike many of the speakers corner participants...

audiohi

Veteran
‘Worst I’ve seen in 20 years’: How the Epik hack reveals every secret the far-right tried to hide
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/epik-hack-far-right-sites-anonymous/

A large-scale breach of the domain registrar and web hosting company Epik has exposed a massive trove of data, including the names of individuals behind some of the far-right’s most notorious websites.

The data, as first reported by independent journalist Steven Monacelli on Monday, was released as a torrent this week by the hacking collective Anonymous.

In a press release on the hack, dubbed Operation EPIK FAIL, Anonymous claimed that it was able to obtain “a decade’s worth” of information, including domain registrations and transfers, account credentials, and emails from an Epik employee.

“This dataset is all that’s needed to trace actual ownership and management of the fascist side of the internet that has eluded researchers, activists, and, well, just about everybody,” the release alleges.

Epik’s customers include social media sites such as Parler and Gab as well as far-right forums like TheDonald. A pro-life website that urged Texas residents to report women seeking abortions to the authorities in the wake of the state’s abortion ruling was also temporarily a customer of Epik.

Analysis of the data by the Daily Dot revealed the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of those who registered web domains for a range of sites related to everything from the QAnon conspiracy theory to forums for supporters of former President Donald Trump. The data was also verified on Wednesday evening by the Record.

The Daily Dot spoke with an individual listed as the registrar for TheDonald, an offshoot of a pro-Trump forum banned from Reddit last year, that operates from the domain Patriots.win. The individual confirmed that the information listed in the breach was his but claimed that he had distanced himself from the site.

The original TheDonald subreddit, which boasted nearly 800,000 members, was removed by Reddit for repeatedly violating the platform’s rules against harassment, hate speech, and content manipulation.

The forum’s replacement at Patriots.win has also found itself embroiled in controversy following the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol after members were found to have discussed hanging and beheading politicians.

“They are fully compromised end-to-end,” they said. “Maybe the worst I’ve ever seen in my 20-year career.”

The engineer pointed the Daily Dot to what they described as Epik’s “entire primary database,” which contains hosting account usernames and passwords, SSH keys, and even some credit card numbers—all stored in plaintext.

The data also includes Auth-Codes, passcodes that are needed to transfer a domain name between registrars. The engineer stated that with all the data in the leak, which also included admin passwords for WordPress logins, any attacker could easily take over the websites of countless Epik customers.

Epik-hacker-statement.jpg

screen_shot_2021-09-13_at_8.46.50_am.png

armedoldhippy

Veteran
at least hempy doesn't engage in stupid insult battles...and he's young yet,hopefully he'll outgrow this phase like so many youngsters do...who can say they didn't believe in things that turned out to not be so when they were younger...

and at least hempy is a fellow grower unlike many of the speakers corner participants...

probably a few that are too nervous to put grows up on here. some folks could still lose jobs, homes, earn jail time and other wonderful benefits. you aren't paranoid if they ARE still out to get you...

audiohi

Veteran
How an Oath Keeper brought QAnon to the masses
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/qalerts-qanon-oathkeepers/

On Dec. 21, 2020, QAlerts, an aggregator of drops from the anonymous poster known as Q, called on his tens of thousands of followers on Gab to head to Washington, D.C. to protest the 2020 election.

“When the President of The United States requests your presence, you show up,” it wrote, calling on “patriots” to show up on Jan. 6.

Around the same time, the head of the Oath Keepers, a militia steeped in far-right conspiracy theories, demanded the same of its members.

“It is CRITICAL that all patriots who can be in DC get to DC to stand tall in support of President Trump’s fight,” wrote Stewart Rhodes, who founded the organization, on the Oath Keepers website.

On that fateful day in January, both the QAnon and the militia movement in this country converged in a massive spectacle, breaching the U.S. Capitol as far-right forces across the country merged in an attempt to overthrow the election.

What people watching couldn’t see though, was that the movements had crossed over long before. QAlerts, which helped spread the gospel of QAnon far and wide as the conspiracy was being purged from the internet, is connected to a founding member of the Florida chapter of Oath Keepers.

Public records and analysis of the app reveal numerous ties between the QAlerts app and Kenneth Rucker, who was listed on the charter documents of the Florida Oath Keepers. That crossover highlights the close relationship between a violent movement that fomented online and how it seeped into dangerous, real-life groups who have adopted it as their worldview and now build political movements around it.

When reached by the Daily Dot, Rucker did not directly deny his personal involvement with QAlerts.

In leaks released this week by Anonymous of Epik, a hosting company used by numerous far-right websites, QAlerts domain name is listed as owned by Rucker.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you a people? I like this thread and I like Hempy McNoodle . Take your own counsel and stop responding in this thread.

I enjoy this thread ,as well as hempy.He puts up with a bunch of nasty shit , and still keeps composed.

Hempys a Zen Master.
🇺🇸

We need more like hempy , those that question authority, and will not fall in line.Keep the good fight hempy

Hempy McNoodle

Thanks for the support and kind words everyone! I enjoy this thread very much and the more participation the better the thread gets. Your comments help take this thread in different directions. It is fun for all and Mutually informative, too! I never feel as though I'm "talking to myself."
:thank you:

Sunshineinabag

Self appointed judges judge
more thmorthey have sold

Latest posts

Latest posts