What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Chem family

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
This was my current round with her not in CO2, grown in straight coco and FNB....I take awful pics and by no means will it hurt my feelings if people want to say it doesn't look ultra "frosty" because I would agree. But I don't grow this plant for her looks, I just enjoy the smoke that much I put up with her.
picture.php

D

DryNobBob

People seem to be pushing the sis lately, IMHO, its still not the ChemD, though and neither is the 4.

Galactic

Re: The Chem family

Any thoughts on JJs stardog presence on "the scene". I understand killer cuts have been found.

If "sis" is being passed around as "d" (as a mistake, or it being perceived as superior product), anyone care to speculate with me on stardog being able to "pass the grade"?

T

TREE KING

Any thoughts on JJs stardog presence on "the scene". I understand killer cuts have been found.

If "sis" is being passed around as "d" (as a mistake, or it being perceived as superior product), anyone care to speculate with me on stardog being able to "pass the grade"?

im about to get my hands on the kyle kushman star dawg cut im exited to test the strain out. if anyone has the corey haim cut send me a pm. these are words from kyle himself after i contacted him for info.. "It is very strong. First time I ever said to myself, "I shouldn't drive on this shit!"

Last edited:

The Baphomet

Veteran
Very well put Otto . Iv seen her look like shit also but when she is right she is fire .

Chem D is nice but the well grown sis is a nicer smoke , taste when done right is way nicer than the d and I like the head much better

Stardawg blows away all the chems . If I had to have only one it would be the "corey cut" of stardawg , way better than the guava chem cut .

coastal

Everyone who tries the corey cut seems to say that. I dropped the 4, D and sis for it, only one that may come back at some point is the sister, no room for the other two. Candychem is on the fence atm, I feel like she should be stronger just like the snowdog...

I've only tried one sample of guavachem, and the 91 sitting right next to it blew it out of the water. That being said it (guava) could have been grown way better. Curious to try some dialed guava soon. I hear it doesn't yield like the stardawg.

The Baphomet

Veteran
Word the corey just has it all ,the smell and taste is on point to the max . She yields like a MF as well . I can definitely see the D leaving the garden in the near future .next run will be 6 tables of stardawg

The guava is a tricky one to grow right .Haven't puffed the 91 in minute so I cant compare her to the Corey . The Corey is definitely better than the D,4,sis,candy and maybe the sour :)

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Corey is my new favorite Chem! Its got the head. The taste just coats your mouth! Yields like a beast!

much respect to JJNYC!

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Only spreads if you have whiteflies, has to have a vector. I have seen it spread to two different grows, we both had whiteflies from hell. And it is in many canabis seeds that I have bought.

If you look at seeds that are sold like tomato seeds they sell virus free seeds. For everyone that says it is not a virus then show us a picture of what a cannabis plant with a virus looks like.

Broad Mites travel on white flies and the symptoms are often mistaken for TMV or some type of deficiency.....i'm no genius but i know a few and they all say its not TMV on the ChemD cut.
The trait passes on in hybrids i.e the Grandoggy Purps (ChemD x GDP) as demonstrated in this thread and can be grown out of a healthy plant.
Love this thread, nice to see it active again with some legit people putting down some good info......i agree with the person who said the ChemD is a completely different beast compared to the other Chem plants (which all appear close relations). so perhaps the ChemD is not as close a relation to the other Chem family memebers as we are led to believe.
I first smoked the Chem family with Rez soon after he received them, the ChemD was a clear winner for me which when dialled smelled insane.... to me very much like a skunk (which i smelt for the 1st time on that visit to America).
Upon trying the rest of the Chem family i was surprised at how different the ChemD was to them, not only in growth but also taste and smell. The #4 especially stood out as very different, i am looking forward to growing her out next to the ChemD soon and will be trying to the get the 91 back (lost her sadly) and some of the others to run the whole family at some point....i also remember smoking the Snowdog which was very different, what were the other cuts in that circle (my memory is failing me).
Peace

Jbonez

Veteran
Snowdawg... DEF a heavy hitter.. Straight candy lemon funk.. Ive had her about 5 years...
picture.php

A

Alone

Chem D is nice but the well grown sis is a nicer smoke , taste when done right is way nicer than the d and I like the head much better
Stardawg blows away all the chems . If I had to have only one it would be the "corey cut" of stardawg.

Is the Corey Cut Stardawg available in seed form from a seed co?

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Corey cut is JJ's breeder mom of Star Dawg. Grab anything from Top Dawg seeds because he really does have a good eye for breeding.

Im running the 4 for the first time now. Only 4 week's in but i like the way it looks so far and its starting to get funky.
I got a a new strain that's saposed to be chem 91 skunk va and socal master kush cross, Any one have any info on it? It will most likley be awhile till i run it.

Im running the 4 for the first time now. Only 4 week's in but i like the way it looks so far and its starting to get funky.
I got a a new strain that's saposed to be chem 91 skunk va and socal master kush cross, Any one have any info on it? It will most likley be awhile till i run it.

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
We have been saying the Corey trumps "original"chems for years glad the masses finally agree....just wait people....hehe....shits getting fired up....were cooking......

Buddle

Veteran
Snowdawg... DEF a heavy hitter.. Straight candy lemon funk.. Ive had her about 5 years...
View Image

Nice pic..I LOVED her flavor!! I grew her outdoors hoping the sun would give a little more depth and potency to her high.Thats the beauty of so many choices for us all.What may not ring my bell rings yours and vice versus..I always wanted to hit the Snowdawg with some sour d pollen.:woohoo: