What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Book Thread - What You're Reading & Everything Book Related

just starting this:

picture.php

MintyMick

I’m currently reading:
Sapiens by Noah Yuval Harari - good summation of human history if you are so inclined.
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. A comedy book about the antichrist/end times. It’s hilarious.

Mr.Miner

I just picked up 'The Road to Eleusis. Unveiling the Secret of the Mysteries' by R. Gordon Wasson, Albert Hofmann and Carl Ruck. Looking forward to this one for sure.

Green Squall

Helmet for My Pillow: From Parris Island to the Pacific

by Robert Leckie

This book, along with E.B. Sledges With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa, formed the basis of the HBO Miniseries The Pacific.

Mr.Miner

Michael Pollan's new book "How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence" just arrived. I've been looking forward to this one.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
a favorite of mine is oryx and crake,fiction by Margaret Atwood
/its one of those books i will reread at least once every year

kaochiu

Veteran
I'm hooked on Comisario Montalbano stories, by Andrea Camilleri. I even got to learn italian to read it VO. And that's after watching the TV series, so most of them i know what's going to happen, but still can't stop reading. For those who like classic detective stories this is 24K gold.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not really a fan of Stephen King, but I love the Shinning movie. Has anyone read the book?

No, but I did very much enjoy reading It. Both movies are a good watch.

Currently reading (thanks to a tolerance break followed by reduced use, I have picked up books again) The Short Fiction of Norman Mailer after finishing Master and Margarita by Bulgakov (pictured in avatar).

There is a terrible Russian movie of the latter. An American film company picked up the script a few years ago, but then Crimea, and our current state of affairs with the East.

Green Squall

Just preordered "The 2020 Commission Report on the North Korean Nuclear Attacks Against the United States." A speculative novel by Jeffrey Lewis.

In the meantime, I'm thumbing through "Foreign Devil: Thirty Years of Reporting in the Far East" by Richard Hughes

MintyMick

Just picked up Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn. And just finished the Cannabis Breeders Bible by Greg Green. Would recommend the latter 10/10. Not sure about the former yet, but am cautiously optimistic...