What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Blueberry Trials

Dr Berry

Does anyone remember the Shishkaberry? We were running that around 2003. That was real fruity with some berry flavor.

I ran the Bubblefunk too (Blueberry x NL#5 x Haze) and that tasted like bubblegum - don't remember any blueberry flavor.

Last edited:

elanius

Veteran
Here GSC s1 x Blueberry hybrid I made many moons ago, this pheno cured to Blueberry muffins and it was the first time I smelled such terps. The other phenotype had Apricot Jam smell, really nice smoke too and the outdoors buds looked pretty much like indoor.
DSC_0238.JPG
DSC_0246.JPG
DSC_0377.JPG
DSC_0484.JPG
DSC_0952.JPG
DSC_0971.JPG

GUY-FAWKES

Blue power from sin city could be worth a try . I did their sin mint ,forum gsc x blue power and was beautiful sweet blueberry / warm xmas cake terps ..

Dr Berry

What's the story on the Noon Coffeeshop's blueberry that won the Cannabis Cup in 2000? That was the same year Dutch Passion won Best Indica with their blueberry.

elanius

Veteran
@elanius , curious did you happen to make any seeds? I am looking for a good Blueberry for breeding and your plants look great!
I did, there was great male from the Newberry line, it looked totally Oaxacan dominant and it was the latest flowering male I found from Dj lines. I made "F2" and few hybrids with him, pollinated Haze from Tom and ECSD "dhk" eu cut. Stick around, have more posts and I will send you some for free

DSC_0402.JPG
DSC_0416.JPG
DSC_0300.JPG
DSC_0302.JPG

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I had to take the two DP Blueberry down in a hurry before the rain. I will get bud pics.

Sampling an early piece further confirms it is not the same blueberry but is some kind of blueberry I guess.

The plants did not look blueberry to me and I've grown 1000's. Leaves didn't look right, never observed pink pistols before, zero color change with cool nights even, flower structure was different. Also the smell is artificial candy blueberry. Different than Dj's work I've grown in the past as well as previous Dutch Passion.

I have no idea what it is or it has been bastardized for so long it is long far removed from
20240920_181721.jpg
the originals.

It is good smoke, tasty blueberry candy and potent. It does not have the legs blueberry is known for and provides a narcotic effect.

Strange stuff.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I need to get some of the Blue Star work to run this winter.

Blueberry Muffin is on deck. Another week as I have been delayed by warm weather.

We will run several blueberries this winter and see if anything knocks Verdant Greens Blue Digiberry off the throne 👍

Let the trials continue..

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Very interested to see how this goes. I have a sneaking suspicion that real deal Blueberry doesn't exist.

Everyone says they've tasted it, but nobody actually has a true blueberry flavored clone. My guess is people are mis-remembering OR their herb was artificially flavored.

I've grown TONS of DJ Short Blueberry and never once found anything even remotely Blueberry flavored.

Santa Cruz Blue Dream is one of my favorite clones to grow. Supposedly, one of its parents is DJ Short's Blueberry. It tastes like blue metal and vanilla, but nothing like blue berry.
Must not be smoking real blue dream then because my Santa Cruz blue dream definitely has some blueberry taste mixed in with frankincense, cedar, and haze terps. No disrespect intended