What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Blueberry Trials

CharlesU Farley

It was Sagarmatha Seed Company he worked with before Dutch Passion.
I'm pretty sure Sag sold BB seeds to Mark Emery before anyone else, who then sold it to Vic High of the BCGA, who did extensive work with it before almost anybody else did.

Because of the extreme leaf variegation and tendency to go hermie, Vic always thought that either DJ or Sag treated the plants with colchicine. :(

If you're not familiar with it, see the archived BCGA website for verification. If you dig around deep in that site, you'll see in real time (from back in the day) how Mr Soul cubed a Jack Herer seed and developed C99. He certainly wasn't chucking pollen or feminizing pistillites like all these fuckers do now. :)

OleReynard

Hope it's OK to dump a shot in here.
This is a Blueberry I've been working with it predates DJ gear and comes from NW Canada and primary Alaska.
This is Bb through and through from the light to the cough nothing but Bb narcotic goodness.
My nighttime go to sleep puff.
Just like potpourie permiates the place close tie with my Yankee Candle
20240812_150402.jpg

OleReynard

Can't tell ya anymore that what I know.
I will tell you they'll be another run of these plus about 8 other different BB's that I'll be doing

kro-magnon

Veteran
Very cool! Can you tell us more about this strain? So this is a plant or seeds from before 1979?

It's always great to have as many pics of blueberry in the thread as possible! Post em up!
What is your favorite BB seed line so far ?
The Sannie's version of BB Indica and BBSativa were apparently some good representations of the spirit of the line from the feedback growers gave but I didn't try those seeds myself. I've seen many great feedback for the Blueberry Muffin from Humboldt Seed Co also, it looks like they are using big numbers of plants to make their parental selection, on a scale not seen since the huge Dutch greenhouses of the 90's. My only experience with BB was through a phenotype of Rocky Melon who had a lot of traits coming from the Colorado FLO, it was a great smoke and a nice discovery for me who had never grown anything from this gene pool.

xtsho

This is a Blueberry I've been working with it predates DJ gear and comes from NW Canada and primary Alaska.
This is Bb through and through from the light to the cough nothing but Bb narcotic goodness.
View attachment 19047513

That might be some fine weed but I don't understand how you can say it's Blueberry that predates DJ Short. Blueberry was a strain created in Eugene Oregon and named Blueberry by DJ Short. Unless every bit of historical information is incorrect how can there be a Blueberry strain the predates DJ Short?

OleReynard

All I know is the breeder told me she predates dj and I'm sure bb was around long before dj.
Just like any other mj plant was
Maybe dj's was created in Oregon sure it was but I'm sure in fact positive he didn't have the monopoly on it
Historical info just like the rest of the jumbled up stuff that comes out.

xtsho

All I know is the breeder told me she predates dj and I'm sure bb was around long before dj.
Just like any other mj plant was
Maybe dj's was created in Oregon sure it was but I'm sure in fact positive he didn't have the monopoly on it
Historical info just like the rest of the jumbled up stuff that comes out.

Blueberry is a hybrid that DJ Short bred.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack the OP's thread.

elanius

Veteran
I am sure the Blueberry terpene predates DjShort, but the Blueberry strain is his creation, no one else offered the strain before him.
Also Lems Blueberry was discovered in pre 2K Djs Blueberry stock, it was the only sativa pheno found in that pack.
I am just growing some Bohempian's Old Time Moonshine x Blueberry, OTM x F13 and my Blueberry female selected from 24 females crossed to Blueberry dominant Cocoa Kush male, pretty excited to see whats there.

OleReynard

Granted yes he was the first to market it maybe, its about all a person can say.
Used to get all my dj gear thru seminars they were usually half off.

Have had all his stuff except for his newer gear.

No mutants in this gear I run And it's superior and doesn't match up with this

Last edited:

elanius

Veteran
Blueberry Sativa, best female from 24 girls, a lot of stretch and 10-11 weeks of Flower. Original Dj Short Blueberry indica stock
Smelled like nutty blueberry muffins under LEDs but the smell was not consistent, hard to bring out it seems. But it always smelled amazing, and the high was some of the most euphoric stuff imaginable a favorite of many that sampled her.
db14_e.jpg

Hoss_Beardman

Premium user
Blueberry Sativa, best female from 24 girls, a lot of stretch and 10-11 weeks of Flower. Original Dj Short Blueberry indica stock
Smelled like nutty blueberry muffins under LEDs but the smell was not consistent, hard to bring out it seems. But it always smelled amazing, and the high was some of the most euphoric stuff imaginable a favorite of many that sampled he

This looks most like the BB I've had and bred with. Mine had dark green greasy leaves, that still carry through many generations later.

Attachments

• SAGB 3.jpeg
    SAGB 3.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 37

Wuachuma

View attachment 19047513
Is that Mr Blue?