What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Blueberry Trials

elanius

Veteran
Dj Shorts Blue Heaven line (Newberry) with intoxicating Blueberry/skunky/lavender smell, antianxiety high.
DSC_0008newb.JPG

Wuachuma

A decade = 10 years
I highly doubt it
By what I've been told this was out before dj's
MrBlue was a line held by a BOEL member. The first Blueberry.
The remaining seeds were given to a Canadian forum member around 2014. Popped a couple years later, and the keeper was cloned and spread around.
That's the story of the first Blueberry. DJ said he got his stuff from BOEL and then did his breeding with with their stock.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Dj Shorts Blue Heaven line (Newberry) with intoxicating Blueberry/skunky/lavender smell, antianxiety high.
View attachment 19048253
Another beautiful plant from your garden, you have a big genetic library at your disposition it seems. Do you have a lot of space to keep many different mothers or you're in a group who share their genetics ? Whatever you're doing it works great(y)

elanius

Veteran
Another beautiful plant from your garden, you have a big genetic library at your disposition it seems. Do you have a lot of space to keep many different mothers or you're in a group who share their genetics ? Whatever you're doing it works great(y)
thanks man, its a combination of friends and grafting, which allows me to keep genetics, including males for long time.

kro-magnon

Veteran
The smell and taste was strong on the berry with touch of play-doh, floral, spice, very rich and pleasant with a bright and positive high. It was my first plant with BB blood despite growing since decades and a nice surprise

Dr Berry

Like others have said, the stuff we had from 2000-2005 had EXTREME blueberry terps. I've been on the hunt for the last couple years. I’ve tried the Blue Magoo BX3, DJ Short F5, and ILG, and they all were lacking the strong terps of old. I had high hopes with the DJ Short plants since they grew kind of viney which initially reminded me of the old school blueberry. I think I'm going to try the Digiberry next.

My quick story is: I got my blueberry from someone that went to the Cannabis Cup prior to 2000 and got the seeds in Amsterdam. They grew them here in the Midwest and I eventually got clones from them. This shit was so unreal at the time that it raised the price of weed. I have a friend who grew in Cali and has smoked thousands of strains, and he still says that the blueberry we had was one of the best.

Last edited:

GUY-FAWKES

William76

Yea,blue meanie was nice!,gave her to a freind a while ago,wonder if he still has her,she was dainty compared to the other uk clones,76