What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a lot better than if hillary was in there.

trump is your guys gripe for everything.

he did to much he did to little back and forth.

i feel sorry for anyone going thru this as a world leader.

Just watch him at the press debacles He is a blithering fool.

Hempy McNoodle

I think the moment the Democratic party and media started their anti Bernie campaign. He should have immediately abandon them and went third party. He was winning in most of the polls. That would have struck fear into both parties. And I think right now he would have a chance.

That's something a real leader would maybe do. Not Bernie.

Hempy McNoodle

I'm not sure. Republicans did turn their backs on the old school for trump. There probably are scenarios where the dems would do the same for a progressive. It makes sense. Like we are loosing ground if we don't go further left to counter the trump far right.

I think at this point, Trump is your leftist on the spectrum. He is far left of Obama for instance.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
When you are the most hated country on the planet,it's voters want a strong military.If you took a poll tomorrow if we should deplete our military I'm not sure what the percentage would look like.

The strong military thing might be reconsidered by some people if they were asked if they think we should have bought some PPE instead.

S Korea really has a handle on it. Did you see on the vid where they had FLIR cameras checking temps of crowds walking by and sending text warnings to exposed people with time stamps?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
That's something a real leader would maybe do. Not Bernie.

With all do respect. Your so called leader lead us into this mess our country is in. Your leader does not even have the decency to show respect for the people that work in his country.

Pretty safe to say your opinion of what a leader should be is exactly what is wrong with the world.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And yet China continues with their wet markets , bernie would continue to let these as well as others around the globe that hold such astringent hygiene practices freely come right in.The world health organization is so helpful.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
And yet China continues with their wet markets , bernie would continue to let these as well as others around the globe that hold such astringent hygiene practices freely come right in.The world health organization is so helpful.

Bernie is super concerned with the environment and with helping the poor. While I have never heard Bernie's stance on these markets. I am confident whatever his policy on the subject is. That it is better than the current situation.

Wet markets are only part of the problem. Factory farming is another equally dangerous place for new viruses to be born. From what I read mega chicken farms are a time bomb waiting to go off. Turns out 10 million chickens crapping on each other provide lots of opportunity for virus to mutate.

Maybe china is a hot spot for this. But it is a human problem and could happen here someday.

Any ways. Bernie is the candidate if you want to support small farmers doing it right.

med4u

Veteran
The strong military thing might be reconsidered by some people if they were asked if they think we should have bought some PPE instead.

Does the fact that PPEs,vents,and other medical emergency equipment was not restocked after multiple epidemic episodes under Obama's 8 year term bother anyone else?....

Maybe more disturbing is the fact that these supplies were not restocked in combination with actual depletion of our military took place...

A weak military with a shortage of emergency response equipment...
One might ask....,what was the last administration unpreparing us for
Exactly?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bernie is super concerned with the environment and with helping the poor. While I have never heard Bernie's stance on these markets. I am confident whatever his policy on the subject is. That it is better than the current situation.

Wet markets are only part of the problem. Factory farming is another equally dangerous place for new viruses to be born. From what I read mega chicken farms are a time bomb waiting to go off. Turns out 10 million chickens crapping on each other provide lots of opportunity for virus to mutate.

Maybe china is a hot spot for this. But it is a human problem and could happen here someday.

Any ways. Bernie is the candidate if you want to support small farmers doing it right.

You make a good point. Factory farming and the planned annihilation of the family farm is one of the greatest evils in America and is spreading globally. This is fully supported by the Trump administration as it was by Obama.

A case in point. I had a family farm for years and when I became incapable of running it, I sold and bought a small farm. The new farm was too small for my insurer which had insured us for 20 years so I shopped insurance companies. Not one of them even knew what a mixed family farm is, let alone had a category for it. I was forced to get residential insurance.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does the fact that PPEs,vents,and other medical emergency equipment was not restocked after multiple epidemic episodes under Obama's 8 year term bother anyone else?....

Maybe more disturbing is the fact that these supplies were not restocked in combination with actual depletion of our military took place...

Exactly?

legitimate stats please.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
You make a good point. Factory farming and the planned annihilation of the family farm is one of the greatest evils in America and is spreading globally. This is fully supported by the Trump administration as it was by Obama.

A case in point. I had a family farm for years and when I became incapable of running it, I sold and bought a small farm. The new farm was too small for my insurer which had insured us for 20 years so I shopped insurance companies. Not one of them even knew what a mixed family farm is, let alone had a category for it. I was forced to get residential insurance.

This is very sad. And for so many people have similar stories.

Bringing back the small farms should be among the world's top priorities.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor

Exactly?

There ya go champ. That's what i said referencing not being prepared for a pandemic. Trump did eliminate the portion of the CDC that predicts and responds to pandemics. So he's got that going for him which is nice.

We could be so much better off if we never let these chumps talk us into wasting all our money on unnecessary military so we could get in wars we never should have been in. All my life this has been one after another. Viet Nam, Iraq, Afghanistan. All worthless - Dead kids, wasted money, nothing to win.

This one is not just on trump. That said, he is too much of a numb nuts to do anything positive to help the situation.

Money should been spent on the well being of the people for quite some time. Education, medical, infrastructure - All of it. Instead, all the money went for expensive military toys that will be obsolete in a heart beat.

med4u

Veteran
legitimate stats please.

The fact that you and many others dont know this is not suprising... the lack of awareness only adds to the
very real concerns of others who do

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/24/us-military-decimated-under-obama-only-marginally-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts