What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gry

Veteran
Many of the issues which I have heard addressed within these threads for

years are addressed very directly by that one hour video.

Based upon the comments I see posted, I don't

think anyone watched it.

Cannavore

Veteran
The bill in the senate is the GOP's is it not? Also the Justice Dept who wants to detain Americans indefinitely without trial is ran by a president's appointee.... which is AG William Barr.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many of the issues which I have heard addressed within these threads for

years are addressed very directly by that one hour video.

Based upon the comments I see posted, I don't

think anyone watched it.

that occurred to me.

Hempy McNoodle

The bill in the senate is the GOP's is it not? Also the Justice Dept who wants to detain Americans indefinitely without trial is ran by a president's appointee.... which is AG William Barr.

But, William Barr was simply replying to a request from congress on what congressional actions were needed during this time to protect civil liberties and due justice. The DOJ's response is pretty sensible. I think the media is trying to sensationalize this.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
But, William Barr was simply replying to a request from congress on what congressional actions were needed during this time to protect civil liberties and due justice. The DOJ's response is pretty sensible. I think the media is trying to sensationalize this.

so, an indefinite term of govt detention (arrest and jailing with no need for a pesky trial or conviction) is needed to "protect civil liberties & due justice?" what damn planet are you from, anyway? that is "sensible?" eat shit...:laughing:

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why is Pelosi rolling carbon emissions of airplanes into the stimulus.
I can't imagine people not getting a paycheck this week are sitting around the dining room table tonight,worried about that and windmills.Shouldnt that be rolled into some other bill.Seems like extortion,well probably to families running out of food.

Hempy McNoodle

so, an indefinite term of govt detention (arrest and jailing with no need for a pesky trial or conviction) is needed to "protect civil liberties & due justice?" what damn planet are you from, anyway? that is "sensible?" eat shit...:laughing:

I'm not totally behind it and haven't looked too much into it, so far. But, I think off the bat it looks like DOJ is just trying to operate and not have peoples cases thrown out because a jury cant be put together. But, on another level, we are at war (against the deep state), so maybe it has something to do with that. I don't think there is any incentive for Barr or DOJ to screw normal folks out of their constitutional rights regarding due process.

I can't believe you told me to eat shit. My feelings could have gotten hurt.

h.h.

Veteran
I can't imagine people not getting a paycheck this week are sitting around the dining room table tonight,worried about that and windmills.Shouldnt that be rolled into some other bill.Seems like extortion,well probably to families running out of food.

Why are we giving the airlines money with no stipulations?

packerfan79

Veteran
It’s deranged trump calling for Easter service.

I mentioned going back to normal a couple days ago, before trump did. Before you took up his talking point.

Until we have a more solid program, it won’t work. We can’t just rely on everybody to just wash their hands correctly and not touch anything. It will just blow up again.

I am not taking up any talking point. For once we both want the same thing. I don't want a bunch of people to die, I don't want anyone to die. I think easter services is a bad idea. I also think optimism is better than pessimism. If people see light at the end of the tunnel, it's calming. If you haven't noticed people are freaking out. Calm people don't buy 600 rolls of toilet paper. Calm don't people stand in long lines for shit they don't need, while leaving nothing for anyone else while potentially exposing themselves and everyone around them to the virus.

Nothing is set in stone, Trump said they will continue to evaluate things as they go. I know you hate the guy and believe everything he says is a lie.
I pretty much feel the same way about Pelosi, and Biden of course. Except for the hate. I don't hate.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why are we giving the airlines money with no stipulations?

Above my pay grade , they should have had two Bill's then.
One for most Americans that are one paycheck away from not eating , and one for big corporations.

Holding their foot on the throat of families at a time like this is terrible.This is why I hate all politicians.

If there were any moral justice they would all require one of those invisible vents.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am not taking up any talking point. For once we both want the same thing. I don't want a bunch of people to die, I don't want anyone to die. I think easter services is a bad idea. I also think optimism is better than pessimism. If people see light at the end of the tunnel, it's calming. If you haven't noticed people are freaking out. Calm people don't buy 600 rolls of toilet paper. Calm don't people stand in long lines for shit they don't need, while leaving nothing for anyone else while potentially exposing themselves and everyone around them to the virus.

Nothing is set in stone, Trump said they will continue to evaluate things as they go. I know you hate the guy and believe everything he says is a lie.
I pretty much feel the same way about Pelosi, and Biden of course. Except for the hate. I don't hate.

Maybe I don't hate either , but I would still give an unemployed waitress a vent before a politician.

St. Phatty

nobody's watching.

same reason the Pentagon released the info about the lost $1 Trillion the day before 9-11.

h.h.

Veteran
Above my pay grade , they should have had two Bill's then.
One for most Americans that are one paycheck away from not eating , and one for big corporations.

Holding their foot on the throat of families at a time like this is terrible.This is why I hate all politicians.

If there were any moral justice they would all require one of those invisible vents.

They should be passing out food debit cards. Rent vouchers and such.

I don’t know what I’d do with a cash handout. Finish my grow room maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.