What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jestocost

Great job.

the free lovers of the 60’s are the grandparents today

92 y.o. She can’t get sick. You’re damn right it’s a nice job.

And no, they're not. They're the sad old singles, no families, even bigger burdens on society now than when they were, uh, fighting for change(?)

No one with a stable family went around listening to Steely Dan and doing coke and suddenly turned it around. The fruits of the fake hippies in the 70's are now diabetes, schizophrenia, 13 pills a day, and persistent herpes.

Maybe they have some grandkids in foster care but, let's not pretend the 70s/80s wasteoids contributed anything, even to a nuclear family.

redlaser

Veteran
“When one combines poor education with effective propaganda, the result is not positive in my eyes”- Gry.

I’m curious why you would not agree with that statement, and how you could see it as dismissing anyone.

What’s up with dissing the truck drivers as deplorables?

You do realize a person does not necessarily need formal education to be well educated?

So go ahead and dismiss those with limited education who built the infrastructure and do all the dirty jobs needed to keep your idols of higher education in their ivory towers.

Truckers delivering vital goods is the backbone of America. These are the Deplorables. This is one of the foundational elements that built this country.

I'll take the deplorables any day over a bunch of high minded assholes.

h.h.

Veteran
“When one combines poor education with effective propaganda, the result is not positive in my eyes”- Gry.

I’m curious why you would not agree with that statement, and how you could see it as dismissing anyone.

What’s up with dissing the truck drivers as deplorables?

You do realize a person does not necessarily need formal education to be well educated?

Being a deplorable has nothing to do with education or driving a truck.

One can be well educated in propaganda.

'Boogieman'

and in all honesty I'd hire you.

What are you trying to run a gas line to? I could probably help you do it yourself and save some money. You will most likely need a union depending on what your doing. If your just trying to connect to a water heater just use a flex line after the drip leg instead of trying to line everything up with black pipe.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What are you trying to run a gas line to? I could probably help you do it yourself and save some money. You will most likely need a union depending on what your doing. If your just trying to connect to a water heater just use a flex line after the drip leg instead of trying to line everything up with black pipe.
Please dont use that phrase !

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
As I look through the threads here, something stands out for me.
Television is the unifying the framing point for many.
Been opposed to a draft most of my life.
At this point in life, I am starting to reconsider that.
I think a period of mandatory service for all would
be a more healthy approach for our country.
It might promote a more healthy framing point.
Social or community service would be acceptable
for those who don't want to be involved with the DoD.

We would at least have one experience in common.

Several European countries have mandatory service.
In Switzerland you are in all your life and have regular meetings at a local center. The centers are often camouflaged in plane sight. You might see a bridge abutment with a door in it and the center is inside. Also in Switzerland, every new house must have a bomb shelter in it complete with air lock, it's a building code requirement.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'll figure it out. I'm running from a large propane tank to a guest house - 25 feet to the wall. If I need new line all the way the water heater needs to be teed to prior to going through the wall and another 10 feet to the range.

There is some old copper imbedded in an exterior wall (fence) which travels part of the distance and tees off to the water heater then through a concrete wall the remaining 10 feet to the range. This was previously serviced with a small tank.

I've put a larger regulator on and put in a galvanized tee (that is the pipe out after short flex from tank) and a shut off valve. We will try running a shorter distance with flex pipe and connect where the old tank was, connect to the range and test for leaks. If it is leaking in the wall we will run all new line [long flex if I can find it]

I know how to look for leaks at the unions but do you know any tricks to detect leaks in the concrete wall? All I know is to listen for flow at the tank.

'Boogieman'

I'll figure it out. I'm running from a large propane tank to a guest house - 25 feet to the wall. If I need new line all the way the water heater needs to be teed to prior to going through the wall and another 10 feet to the range.

There is some old copper imbedded in an exterior wall (fence) which travels part of the distance and tees off to the water heater then through a concrete wall the remaining 10 feet to the range. This was previously serviced with a small tank.

I've put a larger regulator on and put in a galvanized tee (that is the pipe out after short flex from tank) and a shut off valve. We will try running a shorter distance with flex pipe and connect where the old tank was, connect to the range and test for leaks. If it is leaking in the wall we will run all new line [long flex if I can find it]

I know how to look for leaks at the unions but do you know any tricks to detect leaks in the concrete wall? All I know is to listen for flow at the tank.

Once you know everything else is tight attach a pressure gauge with an air pump attachment on the end and pump 15-20 pounds of air into your line and wait. If the pressure drops you have a leak. I'm going to take a picture of the attachment for you it's easy to make.

Attachments

• 20200320_162643.jpg
    20200320_162643.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200320_162652.jpg
    20200320_162652.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 27

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wounder if Trumpturd hired any of the same organizers of Fyre Festival. This is nothing but a shit show.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Once you know everything else is tight attach a pressure gauge with an air pump attachment on the end and pump 15-20 pounds of air into your line and wait. If the pressure drops you have a leak. I'm going to take a picture of the attachment for you it's easy to make.

I do not have a pressure gauge but we have it connected and there appear to be no detectable leaks. I can get a gauge in a few days from amazon. The stove is burning right now. We are just clearing the air.

'Boogieman'

I do not have a pressure gauge but we have it connected and there appear to be no detectable leaks. I can get a gauge in a few days from amazon. The stove is burning right now. We are just clearing the air.

Your probably good to go, I would be surprised if the copper line was leaking as long as the concrete wall is in good shape your most likely all good.

Absolem

Idk, it's a tough situation abs. Personally, my views adapt to changing situations, but I really really get where they are coming from. If you think your views are not being considered then why stick with a group that ignores you? Nobody owes allegiance to any political party, the parties need to offer their voters something and come through on it.

Hey Xavier. Thanks for the reply.

My political beliefs is heavily influenced by a mayor of my town who had a thirty year vision for the community. The many changes he advocated for came too. Because of him and his vision he brought a revolution to way our town thinks and conducts business. I live in Michigan and one of our biggest concerns is our Great Lakes.

As a young kid I remember going downtown with my parents. A river separated our parking from the town. When walking over a bridge the river was littered with dryers, washing machines, tires, and various debris people would dump in there.

Our young mayor had a vision to change our town from industrial to tourism. He wanted to promote the natural resources we have. He asked the residents of our city to come out with boats and clean up the river. I begged my parents to let me go and help. I was about 7 at the time. We went down to see what was going on. It was amazing seeing all these people taking the time to clean up the river. No one got paid. Just a belief in his vision.

From there he worked on getting the old closed industrial factories torn down and the sites cleaned up. He worked with the State of Michigan to get brownfield development going. At the time if you wanted that property you were responsible for the environmental cleanup. Year after year change took place. The closed factories that were an eye sore were replaced by local businesses. One after the other. Our downtown that was struggling became more vibrant. He made it so any building being built in town over 4 stories needed to be residential from the 4th floor on up. It keeps residents in town and businesses full after people leave work at five. It was no longer a ghost town after 5. Business stayed open longer to accommodate the influx of people living in town.

Our lakefront property had a power plant on some of the most pristine land. He had a plan to move the power plant and give that space to the public to enjoy. He made it so the motels were located on one end of the beach so they didn't take all the beach front located most closely to town. He gave the residents their lake shore back. Now you have several miles of beach one can walk.

Our town is now a major tourist destination because of the pristine beaches we have. Business is thriving. We have one the best environments for wine. This all took place because one man was able to bring the community together to make things happen. Did everybody agree with him? Hell no. But they agreed enough to not let their petty differences get in the way. If I and a Sander's supporter agree 80% of the time is that not good enough? I think it is. Letting our small differences get in the way is why things don't get done.

The environmental concerns we have in Michigan are different than those of the Dakotas(fracking) or Florida(rising oceans). Most people who feel left out are the ones who don't engage in their local politics. Should all the environmentalists from each state quit working together because one states needs aren't the same as others? Walking away from the table because someone is butt hurt over not getting what they want is a good way to make sure shit can't move forward.

I saw how one man brought an entire community together to bring the change that was needed. He had a thirty year vision that came to life. It was almost to the 30 year mark his full vision for our community came through.

This is the town I live in.
picture.php

If you look at the bottom of the picture you can see the public beach and the hotels are located in the upper part of the picture.
picture.php

This is where many of our wineries are located.
picture.php

h.h.

Veteran
And no, they're not. They're the sad old singles, no families, even bigger burdens on society now than when they were, uh, fighting for change(?)

No one with a stable family went around listening to Steely Dan and doing coke and suddenly turned it around. The fruits of the fake hippies in the 70's are now diabetes, schizophrenia, 13 pills a day, and persistent herpes.

Maybe they have some grandkids in foster care but, let's not pretend the 70s/80s wasteoids contributed anything, even to a nuclear family.

Whatever. I guess you know it all. You gotta truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.