What's new

Thai

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
As explained @BC LONE WOLF This Thai was mostly open pollinated for the release (after removing all the hermies we found), so although there were some higher yielding plants, strain has not been intentionally breed for high yields.

I never give priority to yield when selecting landraces or IBLs, i look mostly for potency, quality of effects and terps. In F1 hybrids, yes i breed many of them for high yields.

You got a really wild expression :) and another more tamed.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here is my thai chiang mai about 8/9 weeks 11/13.

I have to say, I didnt expect to finish her without burning the tips of her, which happened already, but otherwise bringing her through to the end is the main goal. and its not looking so bad :) starting to see some resin and a getting a good overall look of the flower structure

Also dont know how it happened, i guess it was too much bloom fertilizer and being rootbound. Will put her to a bigger pot asap. Next update with smell description👃

View attachment 19078261
View attachment 19078262

Looks really nice and quite advanced after 'just' 8-9 weeks of flowering @ilovegrowing well done :)

Chills

I’ve had genetics go all yellow but the leaflet at the flower remain green and healthy.

I don’t think that over feeding or under feeding is necessarily the issue. I think based on experience that pure sativa expressions have a way to shed unnecessary foliage as the flower progresses. Specially fan leaves from vegetative growth, each leaf becomes specialized as the flowering hormones kick in, going from a full 7-11 finger big solar receptors (veg leaf) to a small leaf with less leaflets 1-3 fingers to just a calyx which is a specialized leaf inflorescence.
I came to the same conclusion after noticing this everytime after the first 5-8 weeks of flowering, respectively after stretch when vegetative grows comes to an end. Never where quite shure but your comment rang a bell 👍

I have a little suspicion that the trend of massive defoilation is because guys never got that particular yellow leaf stuff under control and simply cut off all the fanleafs, for more pretty looks and likes on social media 👽

BC LONE WOLF

I came to the same conclusion after noticing this everytime after the first 5-8 weeks of flowering, respectively after stretch when vegetative grows comes to an end. Never where quite shure but your comment rang a bell 👍

I have a little suspicion that the trend of massive defoilation is because guys never got that particular yellow leaf stuff under control and simply cut off all the fanleafs, for more pretty looks and likes on social media 👽

I don’t want to derail from Thai content but here is a plant all yellow but the leaflet of the flower intact green.
IMG_4082.jpeg

IMG_4088.jpeg

This was the only to go full yellow, I had 3 of the same genetics all 3 (because F1) where different in finishing color, times and overall results.

IMG_4308.jpeg
IMG_4298.jpeg
IMG_4300.jpeg
IMG_5728.jpeg
IMG_5733.jpeg

This is all at the end for flower, absolute absence of chlorophyll.

LG/

Have a couple Thai males too. Took clones of everything, assuming they will root...
One is faster flowering and one hasn't started yet (dif start time could be a fluke based on general size at flip, not sure). Both have a nice spicy sort of stem rub. Loudest males out of the tent.

Might not do any pollinating this run, just take notes and do a full seed run with the best picks next round. But I might be able to tuck a male or two away in a separate area and collect some pollen.
20241011_213034.jpg
20241011_213040.jpg
20241011_213051.jpg

BC LONE WOLF

Compact green pheno, slower flower. Great structure
IMG_1523.jpeg

IMG_1526.jpeg
IMG_1522.jpeg

IMG_1527.jpeg

Lanky pearl feral sativa expression, menthol fresh tropical fruit, light solvent

IMG_1521.jpeg
IMG_1502.jpeg
IMG_1507.jpeg
IMG_1528.jpeg

She threw several nanners and I’m ok with that, I can do more selection on the f1. Not the most stable pheno but worth for me to explore, the structure is not what you find in every dispensary around here, actually I don’t think anyone would want to have this pheno because it’s not easy to handle.
The clones have not shown any monoecious traits that’s why I’m not alarmed.

Seeds starting to fall off the plant
IMG_1515.jpeg

These are gonna be a surprise to run. And plenty of new flower formations unseeded. Benefits of early pollination on wild tropical sativas.

LG/

Jungle tent. Thai are the 4 on the right.
Not much to show yet. They are forming buds small and slow, which is a great sign imho.
Sharing the tent with Original Haze, JamJam, and Mango Biche (plus 1 New Caldonia).

Really happy with how everything topped out. So far nothing is much over 4 feet by my estimation. I think the tent is 78". Still have plenty of headroom.
20241020_215315.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts