What's new

Thai

LG/

Happy to see also on board on the Chiang Mai wagon @LG/ ;) how many did you start ?
I think I have 4 Thai and also worth mentioning 3 or 4 New Caldonia.
That Thai is one of the biggest of the bunch so far.

Had an issue with these seedlings, almost killed em. But their coming around.

Thai, New Caldonia, Jam Lambsbreath x Blue Mountain, Oaxacan x Purple Satellite, Lemon Milange, Chem D Spoon, and Original Haze.

Let's go!

20240904_191125.jpg

Last edited:

BC LONE WOLF

Thanks for all the updates during this summer @BC LONE WOLF :yes: your efforts are commendable at your latitude! What photoperiod did you start with for the light dep ?
All the best for the flowering stage.

Thanks, I like sharing some photos. It’s great to document these exotic plants.

I’m light deping since August 1st, I’m working with natural daylight which will be 12/12 by September 21st.
I am using 12/12 as light dep schedule 7am-7pm.

By end of September the will lose light by 3 mins a day or so, on October 31st natural light is at 10/14, at that moment the phenos will go under lights to finish properly. 120 days give or take.

Taller pheno seems to be working on the buds while the short pheno seems somewhat behind.

Tall pheno
IMG_0731.jpeg
IMG_0732.jpeg

Short pheno
IMG_0734.jpeg
IMG_0735.jpeg

Breeding partner
IMG_0733.jpeg

Cheers

H e d g e

My 🍓 male made some female bits, not sure what to do with him/her.
I cloned during flowering, not sure if it’s possible for stress to cause this or if it’s not a true male.

Eta I tried to self it, see what happens.

The seed plant was in veg so I’ve put it back under 12:12 to see if it’s still gender confused without the cloning stress.
7C370FB5-8482-4A21-BE0C-9C340672F29E.png

A4C7F9AB-EA75-47B1-94D8-C53CD0E42701.png

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello, yes @dubi just one seed , really three but just one female , whiteout any sign of hermis, smell woody and a little lemon.

A classic woody lemony green Thai expression @entonces so frequently found in Thai genepools, also in this Thai Chiang Mai. You really managed to tame this tropical plant to make her yield well indoors :yes: well done! Cola from closer looks like is just starting to mature, so next weeks are going to be interesting.

BC LONE WOLF

The taller female is already showing nice resin production early on ;) that's a good sign!

She seems "faster" than the shorter pheno, based on the amount of pistils and early resin production. They are 6+/- weeks under light dep. still a long way to go.

Short pheno
IMG_0853.jpeg
IMG_0852.jpeg

IMG_0851.jpeg

Tall pheno
IMG_0849.jpeg
IMG_0848.jpeg

My intention is to seed crop this time around and enjoy the seeded bud, I still have more beans to later f2 or enjoy sinsemilla. if needed I have 3 clones of each pheno to grow them under lights during winter.

terpenes are starting to come up.

H e d g e

Oops, double post.

Might as well add some pics.

My two ladies, chopped back to the first node on each branch at flowering onset.
I reckon she’s a natural blonde in pic2, existing leaves turn green if you cut her back but new growth is blonde.

They take up very little space in the corners of the tent.

76B326BE-1E04-4219-B423-79C29DC97CB1.jpeg
2E98B96C-2156-4AAC-842B-7971EA67CEF3.jpeg

Last edited:

H e d g e

I would do S1 population and pheno search the non hermi progeny.
Just been reading about offspring gender ratios of reversed males, 33% female, 66% male, no herms.

It’s only made 3 pistols but I’ve pollinated them so might be lucky and get a strawberry female.

If the ratios are as above it would suggest I’ve accidentally reversed a male, reversed females produce mostly females and herms aka fems.

Last edited:

BC LONE WOLF

The reality is that in the progeny you will still be able to find stable phenos, but the downside is the pheno selection has been narrowed considerably. I wouldn’t expect multiple phenotypes rather similar phenos with clearly intersex traits and smaller percentage of pure pure phenos. That has been my experience and so far no intersex in my different lines

And trust me male intersex is a way to breed if not listen to Bodhi talk about hermis on his podcast. Dj Short worked with intersex lines and that’s a fact…

One must not be afraid to do the work the real selections is when you grow absolutely all your seeds from the S1 and you find that pure sex and back cross.

My 2 cents.