What's new

Thai A5 Haze limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bravo @Dentex it's amazing how well are you lately taming your sativas indoors, you make it look so easy! (y)
Looks even ripening .... how many weeks is this second green beauty already into flowering ?

Thanks for joining in JustGrowing420 ;) much appreciated! Both look very uniform at this point.
Excited to have the chance to follow their development!

Dentex

Thanks a lot @dubi ,I'm sure that if I had the luxury of keeping temps in control I would have done much better.

I decided to take her down just after 12 weeks in 11/13 .It smells mostly lemony,has incense notes too but not lemon incense like panama ,more real lemon than lemon cream.
A weird thing is the different shaped tops,while they all had the same amount of light.

So some pics from a week before harvest and some a couple days before.

EXUI1Bj.jpg
AbhgcXL.jpg
WGms4la.jpg
U9LoT2m.jpg
MzkznVl.jpg
fLFL5aG.jpg
9xBAnuh.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest of your second Thai A5 Haze girl Dentex :D it's great to have the chance to harvest a tropical sativa hybrid of this kind after 'only' 12 weeks of flowering, that's faster than most Thai Chiang Mais and than A5 Haze original clone. Sounds like she has the classic lemony Thai terps with the signature incense from A5. Let's see how the terpene profile evolves through the curing, of course i'm curious about her effects as well.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
STOCK ALERT ! Less than 10 Thai A5 Haze regular packs left on our website:

this is a limited edition and the regular version won't happen again in years.

goingrey

With not much experience at all with indoor thais and hazes, i was curious as to what size containers that you suggest using for starting out the clones, and then what up-pot size...to finish them at about four feet tall, sog?

@dubi and @Dentex , or anyone?

I wonder if they'll stay that short with just small containers even if you do the Pepsi challenge. Probably you'll have to train them somehow and in that case might as well give them proper root space, 3 gallons or so if soil.

The Zientist

Veteran
With not much experience at all with indoor thais and hazes, i was curious as to what size containers that you suggest using for starting out the clones, and then what up-pot size...to finish them at about four feet tall, sog?

@dubi and @Dentex , or anyone?
I would say as low as 2-3L since 12/12 switch and until they are mostly done with the stretch, which can be until the 4th week and beyond. After this, transplanting them to the size you're comfortable with.

Hand picking small rooted clones and little to no veg helps in making them manageable as well.

It's a good rule of thumb for most stretchy equatorial varieties.

Hope that helps.

JustGrowing420

Wow JustGrowing420 :smoke: both look wonderful, second one has strong Thai influence in the flowering structure, but obviously with more 'meat'. How are the aromas at this stage ?
Thanks, don't put a lot of weight on the appearance of the second one as it was overfed and stretched.
As you've seen with my malawi, summer heat set in fast and caught me slacking, they started drinking much more but I didn't realise and adjust the nutrients accordingly, so that with a couple dry-outs and high heat messed with them.
It should be even meatier than that hehe

I will get a bit more intimate with them and get back to you on the aromas after lights on, they are at corners of the room and don't access them a lot.

Snipp

@dubi I don't think I can order directly from Aceseeds ( switzerland not listed). Usually I order from Linda seeds.
Any other strain you would recommend to me? :) I want to start a long flowering one, but no dr Grinspoon again:D:giggle:

Snipp

Thank you - will do so.;)
By the way - really impressing pictures and old races , will be difficult to choose.
Breeders pack also sounds good :)
This one espescially

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Are the NL5 genes nearly totally recessive in the Thai-A5 cross? has it even been out long enough for any to F2 runs to be done outside of in-house testing? I can see some Keeners being midway though an F2 run if done with open pollination, however I'm assuming most are just rerunning selections from their first runs, yet to go to F2.

if so it could be a Very interesting breeding tool, I've i'm not mistaken thai x a5 is technically triple Thai.. The Thai in O haze is different than Thai in NL5 (assuming this to be, afghan {afghan x thai} atleast according to Maddfarmer) also Presuming Ace Chiang Mai Thai is also atleast slightly Different Thai than those previously mentioned.

What I want to know is if there are recessive potential for the Heavy effect of NL5 without the Dirty, stupefying effects due to additional Thai Input, would also love to see what an excellent male of That x A5 would do with an Old lavender or Blueberry/Temple Flo mother.

as a post scriptium. I am, chasing a effect from a Pink kush crossed to Ghost Train haze that seems to be long gone now, with less Stupefying effect. Basically looking for extreme THC with trace CBC and CBN also CBG for good measure LOL

Hi @Maple_Flail i replied to you in this thread since the question is about Thai A5 Haze.
Yes, as explained previously (in the strain descriptions too), the NL5 influence in the new A5 Haze hybrids released this year (Thai A5 Haze, Green Haze 19 A5, Purple Haze 23 A5) is nearly totally recessive and that was my goal: to mostly combine our best tropical sativas with Haze A male traits, and without NL5 influence (as much as possible).
So if you want more evident NL5 traits then you will need to make F2s of these, or easier: choose Killer A5 Haze.

Heavy and dirty, stupefying effects many times go together, especially in modern mostly indica hybrids and Western so called Kush strains.
There are not many indicas that can calm the mind and sedate the body without producing dirty, stupefying side effects.
Bubba Kush mother we have is one of the few modern indica plants that has such qualities.
Although imo better to look for it in traditional hashplant indica populations from Afghanistan and Pakistan.

A5 Haze mother displays imo mostly the Colombian side of Original Haze instead of the Thai side like C5 Haze does. Haze male A from Nevil may contained Thai, but its offspring i have studied show mostly American sativa traits. Some say NL5 had a bit of Thai (others say Hawaiian, Mexican, ....) difficult to know for sure, because the sativa part is quite recessive, NL5 is a quite hash plant indica type, despite it may contained a bit of sativa.

Thai A5 Haze crossed with a good selection of Flo sounds divine to me ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Out of the two versions of Thai A5 you are offering, which version would you recommend to find the best of these clear, no-ceiling Thai-Haze examples? Feminized or Regular?

Hi @draztik i replied you here since it is more relevant for this thread. Both versions have the potential for that, it depends whether you want Thai A5 Haze males for breeding and making seeds (in that case choose regular), or if you just want to find a good Thai A5 Haze female (for growing or breeding), then maybe better the feminized version. While the regular version contains offspring from many different Thai males from different generations (therefore contains more variability). On the other hand, the fem version only contains offspring from 1:1 mating and from 1 Thai mother, a Thai mum that i have studied a lot in outcorsses (like in Thai Chi or Thai x Panama) and i like a lot the quality she passes to her offspring in outcrosses, yet without being very dominant, she let shine the (sativa) genetics of the other part of the hybrid, in this case Haze male A traits.