What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Texas growers unite

M

Movintarget

growDaddy, Erestese... check this place. I get 15% discount on whatever I buy. A great company...friendly and customer service is the best in Austin.
If you have a problem with something, "T" will work with you. Pm me when you all get 50......

http://bihydro.com/

GroworDie

bihydro is a fucking awesome. 15 percent here too and they will absoultely help you with all kinds of stuff. T knows his shit. Also, check out the Used equipment table. Cheap ass way to get some reflectors and flanges and shit.

Texas Hyrdo is a good option if you are north but I get a bit of a shifty eye vibe in there. Dunno why but nothing crazy. They are cool enough.

I gotta head over to bi to pick up some random shit soon too.

Last edited:

Erestese

I'm kinda stuck at the moment, I don't have the money for a fancy TDS/PPM/PH meter and I wanna do a 4 bucket DWC setup cause of the vertical growth they can acheive. I don't know if its possible to grow without PPM/EC/TDS meters.

Checking the site now, definitely seem to have a HUGE catalog

Edit: My financial plan for this grow (my first) is somewhere in the 500$ range and I'm spending half that on a light, then comes nutes, medium, hardware for buckets, kinda bankrupts me for a meter. Is there any possible way to do this without fancy meters?

Last edited:
M

Movintarget

The leaves will tell you the health of the plant I use no meters except a PH product from General hydroponics...and I still grow killer smoke

Erestese

Movintarget said:
The leaves will tell you the health of the plant I use no meters except a PH product from General hydroponics...and I still grow killer smoke

You have no clue how glad I am to read that. On another note I can't wait to be able to post pics and read this 1 PM that has been blinking for days now.

Last edited:

GroworDie

Agreed with movin, the plants really talk to you with their looks. They speak volumes. Just gotta learn their language :D I find that the funnest part of becoming a better gardener. Sides the smoke, lol.

M

Movintarget

Folks, Seedbay is having weekend specials...The Nirvana 4 & 6 packs are a great deal to try various strains at a reasonable price. Plus you get 1 or 2 freebies depending on how you order. Who all is ordering seeds???

Erestese

Movintarget said:
Folks, Seedbay is having weekend specials...The Nirvana 4 & 6 packs are a great deal to try various strains at a reasonable price. Plus you get 1 or 2 freebies depending on how you order. Who all is ordering seeds???

I would never ever order anything directly to my house.

GroworDie

Movin: waiting on a current nirvana order (so fucking excited)

growDaddy: They gave it to me the first time i was there but I also chatted them up and told some jokes so I got the guys smiling. Plus, you go in and know the grow jargon and they know youre legit. You could always just tell em someone recommended you there because they give a discount for repeat customers and they'll hook you up. They are cool as hell.

This thread is on top today :D

Last edited:

Erestese

GroworDie said:
Movin: waiting on a current nirvana order (so fucking excited)

growDaddy: They gave it to me the first time i was there but I also chatted them up and told some jokes so I got the guys smiling. Plus, you go in and know the grow jargon and they know youre legit. You could always just tell em someone recommended you there because they give a discount for repeat customers and they'll hook you up. They are cool as hell.

This thread is on top today :D

Sounds like I need to brush up on my jokes and jargon cause my wallet is tight as hell.

M

Movintarget

You need to get a safe addy, open up a PO Box, for a few months, order seeds...wait...wait...wait...Bingo you have them...of course you'll be scared that DEA is gonna jump out of the bushes lol At most customs will confiscate them and you'll get a letter saying so. LOL... I went thru the same thing

keeko

Movintarget said:
You need to get a safe addy, open up a PO Box, for a few months, order seeds...wait...wait...wait...Bingo you have them...of course you'll be scared that DEA is gonna jump out of the bushes lol At most customs will confiscate them and you'll get a letter saying so. LOL... I went thru the same thing

yea i have gotten that DEA notice......shitty feeling....oh well life moves on.

your plants look good. i know what you mean when you say your getting tired of the same smoke....i think im at that point. its still a very good smoke its just the same.

my mother plant has some skunk genetics in it....i chop at about 55-58 days for a nice head buzz that i find motivating. the smoke and smell is earthy with a pine tree undertone. it also has a nice calyx to leaf ratio so i dont spend a lot of time trimming.

casualtoker

Movintarget said:
You need to get a safe addy, open up a PO Box, for a few months, order seeds...wait...wait...wait...Bingo you have them.
I've never had a problem getting seeds (I always order from seedboutique or nirvana) Most of the reputable seed companies have methods for disguising the order.

Erestese

Woke up this morning and checked my veg chamber to see that I have 2 NL3xWW sprouting out of the dirt. Today is a good day.

retawgnob

Today was a hot one down here in the south. I can't imagine tending to an outdoor crop in this weather. Indoor is do-able; $400 - $500 energy bill and an indoor portable a/c unit and humidifier are usefull... in all honestly it's just too damn HoT down here, and i mean that to the fullest extent!

Night all.

Peace.

Latest posts

Latest posts