What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Texas growers unite

keeko

shiggs said:
I hear ya. That's one of the reasons I will be running cfl on most of my cabs. I want to try a 150 hps in one of my spaces. I just don't know if I will or not because it's in the garage and even though the garage stays cool most of the day. It does get hot in the late day when it's in direct sun light. I figure that will be my during my dark period, so as to reduce temps inside the cab.

im running a 150 now because my 400 is too hot in my closet now. the 150 is producing good quality bud as long as you train your plants or keep them small.

im getting ready to order some seeds myself and hopefully find some killer mothers.....sure would be great to spread the wealth...in the future...

Erestese

I just got my first seedling to sprout and I'm ecstatic at the moment. I have a love/hate relationship with this site, I get to see what I'm smoking (utter crap) compared to what everyone else is smoking and that makes for a very sad panda. :asskick:

M

Movintarget

What do you have going? I started with good bagseed and made 9 runs before I felt ready for branded stock...Glad I did got all those nubie mistakes out of my system. Now It's like letting the dogs out in the morning...

Erestese

Movintarget said:
What do you have going? I started with good bagseed and made 9 runs before I felt ready for branded stock...Glad I did got all those nubie mistakes out of my system. Now It's like letting the dogs out in the morning...

I got NL3 x WW (so I'm told) but only 1 out of the three that germinated took root, however he gave me something he called hawaiian (no real clue if its real strain or not) but that bastard is out growing the rest at the moment. I'm hoping DWC buckets are an easy enough venture as I'm really tired of smoking schwagg that comes from Mexico and makes you feel like you need to brush your teeth 20 times

Last edited:
M

Movintarget

Hey folks,
Pot luck that was a good one lol....you can see that my guard hounds are enjoying their day in the sun......In fact guys we are having a party at the lake this weekend...Suits from work then the party crowd always stays after the grilling is done and everyone's belly is full.........If you get up this way....

Beatin the Texas heat

WW&NL5xBB Nugget ISO oil

This will put a smile on your mug

Erestese

growDaddy said:
YEAH!

tell me about it

Seriously, if half the people on this forums knew what "Bad Texas Weed" is there would be a whole different health argument to the legalization of weed. I swear some dealers will try and sell anything and some heads will buy anything just to smoke a little herb.

My buddy got some "bad texas weed" the other day cause everyone was dry and when I opened the bag to get some smoked I was instantly hit by this smell that agitated my gag reflex and then I refused to smoke.

Types of weed we get here:

Tire Fire, this type of weed tastes like you cut a piece of rubber off an old tire and soaked it in gasoline and then sparked it up in your bowl.

Soapy Dope, this type of weed is shipped in soap and tastes horrible for obvious reasons.

Silicone Weed, this crap is wrapped in saran wrap, followed by carbon copy paper, then siliconed and the process is repeated until the brick is virtually a big chunk of silicone. Makes your weed smell/taste horrible.

Rio-River Special, this weed is usually transported by foot and gets wet when crossing the river, this weed is usually full of mold by the time you get to smoke it.

Brown Weed, the epitome of terrible pot, this weed smells like a dead body and is probably shipped in one as well. Who on god's green earth knows where this terrible smoke comes from.

Target, are those toys in your dog's swimming pool? Talk about spoiled dogs!

Last edited:
M

Movintarget

Howdy,
For some of the same reasons that you mentioned is why I decided to control the quality of my smoke......It's better than I ever had from the streets...It's fun to grow...fun to pick and I get satisfaction from the process. A great Hobby..... Oh yeah..... those some Lucky dogs.....I betcha at least 200 balls to keep them busy...House rule #1 don't raise your hands above your waist or you'll get a surprize.....

Erestese said:
Seriously, if half the people on this forums knew what "Bad Texas Weed" is there would be a whole different health argument to the legalization of weed. I swear some dealers will try and sell anything and some heads will buy anything just to smoke a little herb.

My buddy got some "bad texas weed" the other day cause everyone was dry and when I opened the bag to get some smoked I was instantly hit by this smell that agitated my gag reflex and then I refused to smoke.

Types of weed we get here:

Tire Fire, this type of weed tastes like you cut a piece of rubber off an old tire and soaked it in gasoline and then sparked it up in your bowl.

Soapy Dope, this type of weed is shipped in soap and tastes horrible for obvious reasons.

Silicone Weed, this crap is wrapped in saran wrap, followed by carbon copy paper, then siliconed and the process is repeated until the brick is virtually a big chunk of silicone. Makes your weed smell/taste horrible.

Rio-River Special, this weed is usually transported by foot and gets wet when crossing the river, this weed is usually full of mold by the time you get to smoke it.

Brown Weed, the epitome of terrible pot, this weed smells like a dead body and is probably shipped in one as well. Who on god's green earth knows where this terrible smoke comes from.

Target, are those toys in your dog's swimming pool? Talk about spoiled dogs!

ur connections are weak. i don't smoke it anymore but i still see good mexi around. not skunk, like the old days, but far from anything u mentioned above.

PEACE

Erestese

A couple of those haven't been around in a while I'll admit, but they've been here before and they'll be back, lately though its been the brown death weed at least around here. Often during the fall/winter part of the year my area gets really dry and everything is overpriced or non-existent just for a week or two.

Last edited:

GroworDie

What im smoking now:

More of it:

Drying sister of the above. Not as good but oh well. It all burns :D

Couple misc plants in the production:

Keep it green in up in here.

M

Movintarget

Hey they are looking good..How is the smoke?...

You would be surprized what you can get in good bag seed....Like you I, also found a few good mom's and cloned them.....I just got tired of the same smoke..even though it was pretty good. Here are a few pic's of the bagseed I was running....the problem with bag seed (off street) is that more than likely it was grown outside commerically and we try to bring it inside and expect a crop at 8 weeks....my first run, I thought that the buds were pretty small at 8 weeks (Assuming all Mj is ready at 8 wks...WRONG. It wasn't till I waited 10+ weeks that the real fun began. All seeds are in a bag sometime thru their travels..There are gems out there......

Erestese

I should be ordering my 400w HPS in the next 2-3 days, anyone know any decent hydro shops around central texas area that aren't overpriced and carry good line of nutes and hydroton? Austin is my ideal drive cause its only 45 minutes away and gas is EXPENSIVE.